fbpx

Gustav – warning picture heavy

Home Forums Miscellany Community Gustav – warning picture heavy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

This is from my neighborhood in Houma.

keschete
      Participant

twindragonsmum
        Participant

😯 😯 😯 Hope you and yours are all right and survived without too much damage! Hugs!

twindragonsmum

tdm

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

You were right, keschete, Gustav was downgraded to a tropical storm yesterday. That damage is not as bad as some of the damage I’ve seen on the news. Thanks for the images; I need the perspective. How are you and your family doing?

looks like the neighborhood made out pretty well from the hurricane . as for the brick i would go after that contractor unless something smashed into it the bricks shouldnt have fallen from wind alone

darjeb
            Participant

Wow those pictures remind me of Frances, Jeanne and Wilma in 204 and 2005 except for the roof damage and that is probably because our roofs are made of concrete tile and we had a lot more landscape damage from Frances because the area I live in is heavily landscaped. I am glad you are OK – which one is your house?

dragonmedley
              Participant

Necron99 wrote:

as for the brick i would go after that contractor unless something smashed into it the bricks shouldnt have fallen from wind alone

My thoughts exactly! Shingles coming off makes sense, but brick? 😯

I’m glad the damage doesn’t seem as bad as they had predicted, though of course, any damage is sad.

The boarding on the windows seems to have held!

I hope you’re all ok, Keschete.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Purplecat
                Participant

ouch….that’s some awful damage… 😯 😯

siberakh1
                  Participant

I should have known to check the forum first instead of calling. πŸ™„ *hehehe* Glad to see the house is standing (not too worse for the wear anyways) and you all rode it out ok! πŸ™‚

Laurie
                    Participant

Glad you’re ok. Nasties, but nothing too serious.

Did you see Jim Cantori! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Glad you’re okay! I thought it was fake brick (you know, the vinyl/whatever it is crap that *looks* kind of like brick, but isn’t…) but then I saw it broke at the brick connections so… yikes!

And the owner of that motorhome is going to have a heart attack before they realize that it’s probably not all that terrible of damage (unless the inside was destroyed by movement).

keschete
                      Participant

We are okay, I have gas water heater and gas stove, so I can cook and take a bath. I have a generator for the computer and fridge that we are running for a few hours at a time.

We have ammo and guns, so no one is gonna mess with us and I have a key to neighbors…so I went and cleaned out her fridge today.

The big problem is they don’t want anyone comming back till Friday.

It was raining in my attic and two other neighbors. Thank God we stayed. We were able to divert the rain..but are neighbors will have a mess.

We are okay and we are hot and sweaty…but making do πŸ™‚ Hugs all!

Maria
                        Participant

keschete wrote:

We have ammo and guns, so no one is gonna mess with us

Love you, Kaya. That’s the right attitude. πŸ˜‰
                          I’m glad you’re all right, and that the damage isn’t as bad as it might have been.

keschete
                          Participant

More pictures…Our Parish President stepped down because he was too “stressed out” OMFG…what idiots we have.

I am camping out here and we are slowly getting neighbors who are sneaking in under the curfew.

They are trying to keep people out until Friday…but I think it was because the President came in….

The president is a joke..his arrival has diverted emergency personnel and prevented them from working.

It’s a mess, but I got gas today and a few grocery stores are open….despite a parish wide 24 hour curfew….what a joke! Everyone is driving around.

I got gas and MRE’s and water from the military. I have 20 gallons of gas and am using 3 gallons per day. The MRE’s are nasty…but we wanted them in case we ran out of food.

I have a lot of food and water…but the news isn’t saying we maybe without power for weeks!

They are all worried about New Orleans…but we are not worth the coverage. I am disgusted…but that is what happened for Rita.

We are self sufficient so the news has no “horrible tragedy” to cover. If we were like New Orleans…and begging for help the news media would be all over us.

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Hang in there! We’re praying for you!!!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.