fbpx

Gryphon (New finished photos)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Gryphon (New finished photos)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Okay, so here is my current WIP. He’s my third PYO… and I don’t know if I like him so far πŸ˜• He’s just not coming out how I wanted him to. Not to mention I royally messed up his wings first time ’round so I had to paint them black to fix… and then only after I painted the purple feathers did my mind click that the wings of black gryphon are like that. Thankfully I looked one up and they go blue to purple not purple to blue to green but still… (the purple had red in it too).
      His hands are to be black with white claws. Dunno about the tail yet, since he’s not going to my original idea.
      I really have no motivation to work on him further πŸ™ The gryphons are just not for me I guess. Should keep to the ki-rins.

EDIT JULY
      So he’s done. He’s for sale too… hoping to get anything for him. He’s not clear coated yet, so things can be changed on him. Seems you guys don’t like the white nails like I do πŸ˜†
      Edit: His claws are now iridescent silver :>

Bad photo from me again. πŸ˜†

Kujacker
      Participant

Elena
        Participant

I actually kinda like the way he’s turning out. The shading on his body is great and I like the wings, but I’m partial to Blue and Purple.

If you’re frustrated with him, do something else for a while and then come back to him. I learned the hard way not to work on things like that when I’m frustrated with them πŸ˜•

i agree with foxfeather. it is coming along nicely, so take a break if you are frustrated. 😐

lamortefille
          Participant

I like it, too: -)

Starbreeze
            Participant

I like him too. I guess the only thing I might change, would be to add more black to the upper row of wing feathers, but I’m not sure without seeing more photos. πŸ˜•

Maria
              Participant

I like the way he’s turning out. His body looks very soft, and the wings match nicely.

Lokie
                Participant

He looks like he is coming along nicely so far. Keep it up πŸ™‚

Mmloda
                  Participant

I like him, he’s looking really good, i’m not an expert at all in the PYO’s but if I could suggest maybe doing something at the tip of his beak, beacuse as he sits right now, the beak mught be too dark and plain. But I do really like the coat and the feathers….Great Job. πŸ™‚

Marzena

Jodi
                    Participant

He’s very pretty. You just need some detail on the wings now. Keep it up. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                      Participant

I reeeeally love the blending on the body. I think it is beautiful. Def not a lost cause at all. I think it would do well on Ebay, too.

He’s really beautiful; I love the grey body & metallic wings. You’ve definitely got a good hand for gryphons, so don’t let this be your last!

I really, really like the colors on this and I even like the metalic paint around the eyes. Keep painting it until it is finished, but take breaks every now and then.

Kujacker
                        Participant

foxfeather wrote:

I actually kinda like the way he’s turning out. The shading on his body is great and I like the wings, but I’m partial to Blue and Purple.

If you’re frustrated with him, do something else for a while and then come back to him. I learned the hard way not to work on things like that when I’m frustrated with them πŸ˜•

Yeah, I’ll probably do that… a good idea to take a break from him. I don’t want to “ruin him further”, heh.

Kujacker
                          Participant

mmloda wrote:

I like him, he’s looking really good, i’m not an expert at all in the PYO’s but if I could suggest maybe doing something at the tip of his beak, beacuse as he sits right now, the beak mught be too dark and plain. But I do really like the coat and the feathers….Great Job. πŸ™‚

He does have a little bit of blue interference on the tip of his beat πŸ˜€ But you’re right, it’s kinda bland right now… maybe some white or gray..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.