fbpx

Green young dragon with orange eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Green young dragon with orange eyes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Emerald-Young-Dragon-Retired-PENA-88-ULTRA-RARE-Eyes-Stone-/251451753013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8bb14235

has anyone ever heard of this? wouldnt it a COA if it really was? I am just curious. there are always pieces popping up that i did not know about

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Stephanie
    Participant

Some emerald dragons were mistakenly given orange eyes instead of red. It’s a mistake piece, not one that was done on purpose, so there would be no COA. Some folks on this forum have extensive emerald with orange eye collections! 🙂

I don’t think it’s worth that price though.

Kim
      Blocked

Yeah I think the seller would be lucky to get $100 for that dragon. You can get one of a kind and grab bag pieces for less than what they are asking so even if the eyes are harder to find, it’s still a production piece.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Dandr13
        Participant

What’s hilarious is that another one was just listed with a starting price of $40.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Windstone-editions-young-dragon-green-retired-/271402797052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f30de07fc

chibishiro12
          Participant

What is funny was the fact that the seller had it up earlier for a normal auction with a reserve price, but the bidding only brought it up to $61 and the seller refused to sell it and now it was put back up for that ridiculous amount.

Looking for-
            red fire young dragon
            old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

etruscan
            Participant

What’s hilarious is that another one was just listed with a starting price of $40.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Windstone-editions-young-dragon-green-retired-/271402797052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f30de07fc

It looks like that one is painted in Old Green and those dragons did have orange eyes. The super-expensive listing is a “mistake piece” – an Emerald with orange eyes instead of the usual red.

Dandr13
              Participant

You could be right about the color. It’s almost impossible to see a difference in the green on my monitor, but if I look close I can see a couple blue scales on the cheaper one.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Yeah I think the seller would be lucky to get $100 for that dragon. You can get one of a kind and grab bag pieces for less than what they are asking so even if the eyes are harder to find, it’s still a production piece.

Ah, the interesting thing about this is that back before there were a lot of unique pieces… such as grab bags, etc, and Windstone was not releasing a lot of special stuff… the rare, mistake dragons were so much more valuable because almost everything else was normal production! Things like “jade” scratches, orange-eyed emeralds, a few other mistakes on normal production pieces.. THOSE were the really rare and coveted pieces. I can remember a time when this young dragon would easily draw more than $100…

(Though the price tag currently listed is probably a bit unrealistic, even for back then)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

JynXx
                  Participant

Though uncommon, since orange-eyed Emeralds are mistakes, I don’t think this dragon is worth this seller’s starting bid amount of $299, let alone $599.

I recently purchased an Orange-eyed Emerald Young with light yellow crystal this past December. I paid just over $150 for her, and she’s quite spectacular.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                    ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                    ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                    ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                    ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                    ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                    ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Susie
                    Keymaster

Emerald dragons with orange eyes and jonquil jewels are from the first batches of emerald we painted in 1997 when we introduced that color – they are not really “mistakes” – that was the chosen eye and jewel color for the emerald. We didn’t make all of the family members with those eye and jewel colors before the eyes and jewels were changed to red.

(Please don’t ask me which styles we did that way – no one was keeping records of that at the time and I do not know. :~ Someone else – like maybe Pam – may have observed which styles were done with orange eyes and jonquil jewels. )

Scathach
                      Participant

Emerald dragons with orange eyes and jonquil jewels are from the first batches of emerald we painted in 1997 when we introduced that color – they are not really “mistakes” – that was the chosen eye and jewel color for the emerald.

Thanks, Susie, for clarifying this once and for all.

Life is beautiful.

Pam

I have only seen the mother, male, emp, young, and I think the hatching dragon in emerald with orange eyes. I think at the time emerald came out, there weren’t any other dragons in production?

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I have an old catalog flyer with a 1997 copyright date on it and it has an orange-eyed emerald family (emperor, male, young, mother and hatchling) pictured, but it also has red-eyed emerald fledgeling, scratcher, coiled and royal hatchers on it.

Susie
                            Keymaster

Sometimes our catalogs were not 100% accurate! As I recall, that eye color change took place and those of us in the office didn’t know about it until a dealer called to complain that their new Emerald dragons had a different color eyes from the ones they had on the shelf.

phantomess
                              Participant

Ah, so orange was purposely the original color for emerald dragons’ eyes? When I joined up here on the forum and posted pics of my dragons, someone pointed out my orange-eyed emerald mother and told me the emeralds were all supposed to have red eyes and that an unknown number accidentally left the factory with the orange eyes.
                                Before that, I had no idea they were somewhat rare. She was my first Windstone I ever bought, back in the 90s at a store. I’m curious as to how much I’d get if I sold her, but it doesn’t matter since I won’t. She has a few little nicks/chips, too.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.