fbpx

Green Emperor that was on eBay————SOLD!

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Green Emperor that was on eBay————SOLD!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

Okay who offered 1,000.00 and more for that Green emperor that was up on eBay? Go to my face pages heres the name –email me for that . He wanted me to post his phone number or give it out so if you would like that from me I will give that to you.
      But understand everyone here this is not me that you are dealing with.
      I told him to re-list the dragon and give everyone a shot at at it. I have one I don’t need 2. As far as I know this dragon had a flake of paint missing. An he tried to cover that up. If you are one of the many that emailed him about this dragon–you all spooked him. This man has cancer and I believe him. He needs the money for treatments.
      If you email me for this information I did my part here–this he asked me to do.

READ THIS:
      I will not be responsible in any way for anything that happens or what ever
      you work out with him. You are on your own here understand? If you do want the information you can email me and I will pass the information on to you. I cannot– I don’t think I can put it up here for everyone to see. An would never do that.—– Not getting myself in trouble here. NOPE!

Over now,he’s been sold. Thanks to all of you that helped this man.

windstonefan

Mmloda
      Participant

What Green Emperor?

Marzena

kitsunelady
        Participant

I assume she means this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Melody-Pena-Emperor-Dragon-/220760708613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33665d1605

It was “hidden” because the word “windstone” was not in the title. Anyways…what on earth did anyone ask him that ‘spooked’ him? How strange. >.>

Skylover
          Participant

There was a old green emperor on ebay that was sort of hidden as it wouldn’t come up under a “Windstone” search but would come up under a “Pena dragon” search. I have to admit I don’t know why it was pulled down.

Anyway, windstonefan, I’m glad that you’re always trying to be helpful to people in need. However, I’m not so sure why this guy was spooked. If he wanted to remain anonymous why not continue to sell on ebay? Then again, I’m not privy to what this guy got as emails or messages. If for whatever reason he doesn’t want to re-list it on ebay with “Windstone” in the title then he’s more than welcome to come here and post and sell it if he wants. Widnstonefan, I’d just rather not see you end up the middleman of a deal gone wrong that’s all. Something about this just seems a little odd to me.

windstonefan
            Participant

I agree but I inquired about this piece and the ccndition along with others.
              But I guess he wanted to fix that listing because the dragon had a little flaw. He never mentioned that and I told him to add to the description. He finally figured out how. But got offers of more money. 1,000.00 he asked me was the dragon worth that? Well maybe some people had I guess offered that much. We talked through my face pages because that is where he wanted to talk and be friends I have no problem being someones friend you know that. He just got way to many offers and wanted to sell him with out the fees. He needs the money I know this. He talked of keeping the dragon too but does need the money. I wanted to help him really I did. I tried to get him to put that bad boy right back up on eBay in the right area. Just let everyone bid him and those that want to pay 1,000.00 for that dragon can. He wanted me to buy the dragon. I have that dragon already. An can’t afford to be buying another thing right now. (Not my priority) I talked him out of that. I do not like to do business that way anyway. Here it is different. I will try and get him to just relist or to join the forum and get him sold here. But even then I don’t want to be responsible you understand right? I sure can’t help him post pictures here–thats a known fact. I told him to put pictures on his wifes my face page. Well I will email him there and see what he says. Let ya know if he gets back to me.

windstonefan

Syn
              Participant

I was sent a link to this dragon while he was still listed; at that time he was up to $610 with a forum member being the high bidder. When I next looked at the listing, it had been pulled down. I assumed it had been sold off eBay but was confused as to why it was showing that it had no bids. I just looked at the email again, and it is the dragon being discussed. And I am still confused. How can the listing say there were no bids when I know and can still see that it did?

WolfenMachine
                Participant

I was contacting the seller-I told him if he wanted to get more hits (*hides*) He should put “Windstone” in the title. He told me he was planning on adding more photos, more information and re-listing. Last I saw the auction, it was already up to $660 so several people had already found it-or at least 2. I gave him tips on packing as well (the official unofficial ebay packing tips page that SPark made) and he seemed really nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

I too assumed that someone had offered him a large amount, and warned him about accepting “off ebay” offers from bidders on any item. He told me this was not the case and that he wanted to beef up his listing more. Throw fruit at me if you will, but I figured the guy could use the money, and he obviously is not a collector like all of us, so I thought I was being helpful.

Syn-a seller can end a listing early and say there was an error in the listing, the item is no longer for sale, or the item was damaged or broken. My guess is that he opted for the “error in the listing”.

Mmloda
                  Participant

Ohh I see, I missed that listing and I just wanted to know if it was the old green or an Emerald Emperor. I already have two of the Old Green Emperors and both are very unique in coloring!
                    Thats really strange that he pulled the dragon from ebay, he would have probably gotten $1000 for him if he just allowed for the listing to end! I can also see how upsetting it can be to some people if they are in the market for one! I had to wait 5 years before I bought my forst one! They are very hard to come by and as tempting as it may be to sell one of mine, I just can’t bring myself to do it! They are truely stunning in person!

Marzena

windstonefan
                    Participant

Okay I just talked to him on facebook he says he will be here soon to sell him.
                      I told him I think he has to join to list here.
                      Well I am off to bed now. I see my granddaughter tomorrow morning for my 1 hour visit and need to get some rest. I have allot of things to discuss while I am there. Good luck to everyone that wants one of these. Later.

windstonefan

Syn
                      Participant

Syn-a seller can end a listing early and say there was an error in the listing, the item is no longer for sale, or the item was damaged or broken. My guess is that he opted for the “error in the listing”.

Yes, I know that can be and is done, but I don’t recall that the listing then says there were no bidders. To say the item is no longer available is often done when it is sold privately. I was surprised that an auction could be cancelled with bids on it and then say that no bids were ever made.

scenceable
                        Participant

syn- in order to cancel an auction that already has bids you have to first cancel all the bids. So he probably cancelled each bid and then pulled the entire auction, so then the final listing will show that the item had 0 bids.

Hello People, Im the one that Listed the Old Green Emporer on Ebay, Then ended the Listing. I Apoligize for that. Im really Concerned about Scammers that Bid on Ebay. I have been told by Friends and Relatives that there are People that would Win the Dragon, Then claim that it had Broke during Shipment but really didnt, And send me another one that was the Same Color but Broke and want a Refund. I just dont want to go out like that and Lose my Dragon or the Money. It just really made me Think. I am a Very Honest Person and would want the Buyer to be the same. I would be taking a Huge Risk selling the Dragon on Ebay because of that Reason. It has a Very Tiny Flaw on the lower part of the Left Wing, Thats it. I bought it like that at Wicks n Sticks in the Mall. I didnt mind the Tiny Flake of Paint missing cause I wanted it Very Badly. I got it and took it Home and Touched it up. It looks very good like the Artist did it themselves. I really didnt know that it was that Highly Soughtafter. I have owned this Emperor for 23 Years now and I want someone else to Enjoy it. It is Very Clean ans Pristine. A Very Beautiful Dragon if I say so Myself. Well, Thats my Story. I need an Honest Dragon Lover to take it off my Hands and my Shelf. Call me. 806-336-4890 If its Legal to do so. Dont wana get me or anybody in Trouble. Your Friend and Dragon Lover, Jim.

Syn
                          Participant

Given your concerns about damage, I would say the best way for you to sell this dragon would be for the buyer to send you the Windstone box for the Emperor to be shipped in. You can then pack him safely in his box and send him to the buyer. This is often done with the larger Windstone pieces. If the buyer does not already have an Emperor box, I am sure he/she can borrow one for this purpose. Shipping in the Windstone box will protect both you and the buyer.

You should probably take your telephone number off this posting. Anyone can see it and call you, not just forum members. It will be much safer to let a potential buyer send you a private message and then give out your number. You can also ask the potential buyer for forum references. For that matter, if you do not mind making your transaction public, you can just post here and ask for references on your potential buyer.

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

Welcome, Jim! ๐Ÿ˜€ Another bit of advice to ward off scammers is
                              #1-Send via UPS or FedEx-they give you a tracking number (so the buyer can’t say ‘Whoops. Never got it. I want my money back.’)
                              and
                              #2-Have it insured/put a declared value on it (if you ship using FedEx, they will tell you they dont offer insurance but rather they tell you that you can put a declared value on the item you are shipping)
                              That way, if the item gets broken, you are not responsible for damages-its the shipping company.

AND with these Emperors being so fragile, you can also have UPS or FedEx pack him FOR you for about $10 extra-and you can calculate that into shipping that the buyer pays (or you can choose to cover this cost yourself)

UPS has a “Pack ‘N’ Ship Promise” that says if THEY pack an item, and it gets broken, (well to paraphrase) they are more likely to accept responsibility for the damaged item. If you pack it yourself and it gets broken, they can easily deny the claim and say “It wasn’t packed well enough. Thats why it broke. Its not our fault and its not our problem.” ๐Ÿ˜›

FedEx-I like them better. *KNOCK ON WOOD* I have not had a problem with them.

Lokie
                              Participant

Not to add any more overwhelming information, twistedmetal2, but adding to what WolfenMachine said- if you sell the dragon for over $250 and received payment by Paypal, get Signature Confirmation in addition to Insurance and Tracking. Tracking and Delivery confirmation is not enough evidence of “proof of delivery” in a Paypal dispute over $250. So if you don’t add that option in shipping, and a buyer says they didn’t get the item, Paypal will probably not side with the seller, even if they got tracking or delivery confirmation.

This might be a good tip for anyone who doesn’t know that. It’s in section: 11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery, and Signature Confirmation Requirements of PayPal’s User Agreement (I’d link to it, but I have no idea how to hide links in text with HTML).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.