fbpx

grandio price increase on new retireds!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone grandio price increase on new retireds!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

tfsculptures wrote:

my goodness what a mess i’ve made! i should go back where i came from, lol. ok, my most sincere apologies to nambroth and the windstone crew, i DEFINITELY agree that you don’t need any sketchy statements in regards to businesses on a business site here, i am very sorry for that, it was a BIG blip in a state of judgement impairing genuine exhaustion on my end. that was a mistatement (in the air of that famous south park catch phrase that i will not repeat to not speak obscenely again) that can have quite the unintended implications and it won’t happen again. again, i have dealt with grandio in the past and they are a good company and never had any issues. please accept my groveling apology and thank you cheryl for attempting to defend me. 🙂 i’m a nice person (so i’ve been told) and i don’t mean any harm.pleeeeeeease!
      also, i apologize about mentioning the ebay option to a store seller, although i thought i have seen sellers in the past that both had a shop and sold on ebay with the windstones, like that guy who had all the white dragons and said he’d pull em for a live person sale or something or other. for gosh sakes don’t quote me on that, but i know some peeps stated the wondered how he was to operate that legitly on ebay once bidders were involved. anyhoo, they had a total of 5 pieces, weren’t necessarily going to get any more at all since they didn’t really sell well there and the woman i spoke with didn’t even know how to use a computer, so the chance of them ebaying anything was HIGHLY unlikely. they expressed more of an interest in simply putting up signage to promote the retiredness of the pieces, and change the price lower or higher depending. nothing much to worry about, with that shop, but i can certainly see the concern and need to protect yourselves in the big picture from shop keepers who could abuse their buying power with you. i think that’s it, thank you. 🙂

It’s okay! We all say silly things sometimes. You’re allowed to have your opinion, absolutely.

As far as the eBay thing goes… Windstone had allowed retailers to sell online as well as in a store in the past. I just know that a recent rule is ‘no new online retailers’ so it’s a grey area, they might be allowed to sell a few pieces on eBay as long as they don’t go exclusively online since they are an established retailer. I’m just not sure. 🙂 Sign-age in their storefront would be a great idea! Especially since only the people here would know they are retired. We don’t even represent a fraction of the collectors as a whole out there so most people don’t know they are retired. Signs would be good! 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
      Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

ski!! i have a couple pieces like that too! you got fletcher from cam auctions right? i got bear butt and bear feet from him. both had price stickers(46 and 56 bucks) and smelled of incense. he too took a while to ship to me, posting a week and a half after i paid. i asked for a combined shipping rate but had no reply. one of them- bear butt -arrived broken as well. he packed that piece in particular in a rather flimsy box with only a piece of paper wrapping the piece and a chunk of cardboard to fill the gap where his head sloped down. he rattled n rolled the whole way here, the box was punctured in three places, breaking off his right front leg, crushing the votive dish on his back and his nose! yow! i emailed him calmly stated what happened and that i didn’t want to return him or expect a refund, but just keep him and repair him, but told him to please pack more carefully for other customers in the future, especially windstones cuz they’re so heavy. no response or apology from him. ah well, i am grateful to have the pieces, they’re so cute! the way he sold those almost looked like he got them from a shop that went out of business, like 50 % off sale and he snatched em all to sell on here. someone got the owl bookend from him for 16 bucks!! i was going to bid but i forgot when the auction ended cuz it was my birthday that day- i was so mad for days!!!!

Im not sure who the seller was. I will have to go check when I get home. He was shipped almost a month after I paid, I think, and packed in his original box. There was no other packing material, but luckily he is a sturdy little bunny! My cat wizard that i got from DM and Elijah smells like insence. I think its soooo cool…esp after the cigarette wizard I got from Pugmama. Insence is a much better smell. I will check the seller when I get home.

Maria
        Participant

Just curious, Ski, no rush. Avatarsalon was actually a fast shipper with me. Lousy packing, but I thought he was a friendly, helpful seller – especially for an E-Bay newby like me.

Bob

You guys should see the store I bought all those retired Windstones in

SilverDragon
            Participant

Heh, I bought my peacock old warrior dragon from them last week for $196. I then saw them increase the price to $235!? But, I just checked again and saw that its not on there no more. So…. I got lucky. 😀

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
              Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

WolfenMachine
              Participant

They took the Rainbow mother off the site for a while too. I just checked and noticed SHE HAS RETURNED!! 😯 I probably won’t buy my Rainbows and Peacocks from them though. As it is, I think $130 is steep for the Spectral 😆 Oh well, he’s next on the list 😈

SPark
                Participant

Yeah, I wonder why the spectral is so much? $130 seems to be the official list price, according to Astral Castle. But it’s the same size as a male, really. Why is it so much more?

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I guess I am jumping into this late but I bougt me rainbows and peacock spectral before the price hike at Grandio =)
                    I was pretty sure I must have got the last Spec because they dissappeared off the list when I got it.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                    Participant

The rainbow mother used to be available from Grandio for $89. I so should have jumped at that.
                      Was the Spectral ever available from somewhere for less than $130? I’ve seen a few cheaper prices than Grandio’s and Armik’s $130, but once you add shipping it evened out or was more.
                      That’s a good question why it costs more than the male. I never thought about that.

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The rainbow mother used to be available from Grandio for $89. I so should have jumped at that.
                        Was the Spectral ever available from somewhere for less than $130? I’ve seen a few cheaper prices than Grandio’s and Armik’s $130, but once you add shipping it evened out or was more.
                        That’s a good question why it costs more than the male. I never thought about that.

I found it for $123, and I think that’s about the best I’m going to find. Armiks matches prices, so next time I order from them, I’m just going to send them a link and they can sell to me for that price. Not much difference, but every little bit helps 😆

I placed a Windstone order Wednesday for my store and here are the pieces that are now sold out:
                        Hatching Dragon peacock and rainbow
                        Mother dragon Peacock
                        Male Dragon Peacock
                        Coiled dragon Peacock
                        Old warrior Peacock

Stores may have them but can get no more of them.

Maria
                        Participant

Yikes. I need to get a peacock OW! Thanks for the info, Bella.

Arlla
                          Participant

I’m pretty sure I got the last rainbow mother dragon from Gradio at $94…they disappeared from the site right after I placed my order, though they are back now. I got her and she’s beautiful! I should have ordered the lap and scratcher in peacock at the same time while they were cheap, but there’s only so much money to be had…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                            -J R R Tolkien

Bob

Yep I’m glad I got mine when I did

Jodi
                              Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

They took the Rainbow mother off the site for a while too. I just checked and noticed SHE HAS RETURNED!! 😯 I probably won’t buy my Rainbows and Peacocks from them though. As it is, I think $130 is steep for the Spectral 😆 Oh well, he’s next on the list 😈

That’s the cheapest price Windstone will let me sell him for, so that’s not a hiked price from a retailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.