fbpx

grandio price increase on new retireds!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone grandio price increase on new retireds!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

SPark wrote:

How woeful.

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered from an online site. I’ve bought off ebay, and I’ve traded, and I’ve bought at the local place in the mall. (They have EVERYTHING in stock, and so shipping isn’t even an issue.)

wish I had a store around here that had “anything” in stock…..but it’s cool….supposed to go visit my sister in Fort Worth….we’ll see what’s down there…..

Skigod377
      Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

price update….. ok here goes…..what sickos….male peacock 125…..male rainbow 132.25 young rainbow dragon 83.95!! peacock scratcher 166 , empress 77 ,lap 165.60 fledgling 77 ,mother peacock 115 what bastards! there you go, strain those brains and wallets!! sorry folks!

Im with Spark on this. We dont HAVE to buy from them. They can charge whatever they want, as long as there is a demand for them.

Tiffany
        Participant

well spark ,i’m sorry. i didn’t mean to offend anyone, i was merely upset for the sake of people on here saying their strapped for cash, yet still wanted to get some these pieces before they ran out is all. i didn’t want anyone to miss out ,and yes of course they can elsewhere, as i did, to get what they want.i always bought with grandio and they have been good to deal with, i was bummed cuz i hoped to buy again with them.not to mention before i wrote that i had a crazy day at work and i was still fired up ..but still all was uttered in the tone of “D’OH!!!” ,not venomously. i’m an easy person if you knew me in person. ๐Ÿ™‚ type can be interpreted many ways, so i will watch it next time. of course yes, you can ask whatever you like for ones you hope to sell, true everyone needs money, and noone is twisting anyone elses’s arm to pay anything. after all, an items’ true value is how much it is worth to you, not whats on the price tag.plenty of times i would have paid double or more for something( but didn’t have to), just since i liked it so much and wanted to have it. its all good ,i just wanted to let peeps know so they can make plans. ๐Ÿ™‚

on a lighter note, you are surely blessed to have a shop that actually carries any windstones at all, let alone a huge collection- what a gift!!!! nothing is more luxurious than picking exactly the one you want to get the perfect paintjob!! like picking the best fledgling out of all their fledglings! what a treat! the shops in my region only carry a token piece or two, which they have had a year or more without selling, has damage and won’t get more til you buy what they have, lol.but hey, that have to make their money back.
          perhaps getting back in your good books, i did notify my two local shops of their retireds and their possible increase in value, as they were totally unaware and that they had some options available.. i suggested if they had the time they could ebay them, so they could recover their money / get a little extra, AND at the same time get room in their shop for some of the new colors.they were very greatful for the info, as it has been tough business, and i was happy cuz she let me hold the WARRIOR he IS huge! i had never seen one in person and like said on the other thread he is cat size! that is one HOT piece of dragon!! wow! he is fabulous, so much larger than the mother and male dragon they had!! now, i want one!!!!

Skigod377
          Participant

Yup! That OW is awesome! He is my favorite pose! Its too bad about stores driving up prices, but it was bound to happen. They did the same thing when the emerals and whites retired. I love finding them later at regular price, but most places find out they are retired somehow, and bump up the prices. There will be more of a demand now, for those colors, and maybe stores will be able to get them off the shelves.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

tfsculptures wrote:

i did notify my two local shops of their retireds and their possible increase in value, as they were totally unaware and that they had some options available.. i suggested if they had the time they could ebay them, so they could recover their money / get a little extra, AND at the same time get room in their shop for some of the new colors.

I’d ask John but he’s out of town, but I’m not sure that established retailers are allowed to eBay Windstone. When retailers start carrying Windstone they form an agreement with Windstone on how they are allowed to sell the pieces.
              Regardless if it’s only one or two pieces so that they can get some more stock in I don’t see the problem.

As far as badmouthing retailers that charge ‘too much’, please do keep it civil! People are welcome to share if they had a bad experience with a seller or individual, but let’s not slander especially when the only problem is a price that is higher than you’d like to see. Slandering retailers could actually get Windstone in trouble (this is their website) so let’s be adults.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Bob

Thanks Nam,

We all knew that at some point the Rainbow and Long Time Favorite Peacock would eventually joint the retired ranks. This is actually a good thing for us collectors. Now the pieces we have are going to be worth a whole lot more then ever before.
                If a retailer is up to date and knows of the retirement I would expect them to raise their prices the very second the learned. I know I would most likely. Having said that, some times if you are a true collector you also have the option to talk down the price. I have been successful a few times and even told not to ever tell anyone that I was given a deal (it was not much but it helped). A lot of times these retailers understand the collectors minds. I can not guarantee that it would work but you might give it a try.
                Look at the Windstone Find I posted. Elijah had all sorts of retired pieces and just wanted to sell them and make sure they got good homes so he gave us all deals on our items.
                Retailers are here to make a living and from what it sounds like the increases are not that much so my suggestion would be to get as many as you want right now because as it gets closer to Christmas I’m sure the prices will get higher.

Personally I think if we’re all going to be adults here we can stop crucifying someone for what some people may consider an unpopular view of an action a vendor took. If I were looking for the peacock dragons after they had just been retired and a store jacked up their prices I’d be pretty pissed too but I understand that is their perogative and everyone is chasing the buck. Still, no need to crucify a person for stating their opinion.

Skigod377
                Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Personally I think if we’re all going to be adults here we can stop crucifying someone for what some people may consider an unpopular view of an action a vendor took. If I were looking for the peacock dragons after they had just been retired and a store jacked up their prices I’d be pretty pissed too but I understand that is their perogative and everyone is chasing the buck. Still, no need to crucify a person for stating their opinion.

I dont think it was so much the opinion itself… just the way it was posted… with the profanity and all. Personally, I dont like that they jacked up prices… but I could see it coming.

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

CherylKaufman wrote:

I dont think it was so much the opinion itself… just the way it was posted… with the profanity and all. Personally, I dont like that they jacked up prices… but I could see it coming.
                    Me too

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

CherylKaufman wrote:

As I said, people are welcome to share their bad experiences, and opinions… it’s how we know who to steer clear of. The profanity and tone was what was unnecessary. That’s all I meant. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Tiffany
                      Participant

my goodness what a mess i’ve made! i should go back where i came from, lol. ok, my most sincere apologies to nambroth and the windstone crew, i DEFINITELY agree that you don’t need any sketchy statements in regards to businesses on a business site here, i am very sorry for that, it was a BIG blip in a state of judgement impairing genuine exhaustion on my end. that was a mistatement (in the air of that famous south park catch phrase that i will not repeat to not speak obscenely again) that can have quite the unintended implications and it won’t happen again. again, i have dealt with grandio in the past and they are a good company and never had any issues. please accept my groveling apology and thank you cheryl for attempting to defend me. ๐Ÿ™‚ i’m a nice person (so i’ve been told) and i don’t mean any harm.pleeeeeeease!
                        also, i apologize about mentioning the ebay option to a store seller, although i thought i have seen sellers in the past that both had a shop and sold on ebay with the windstones, like that guy who had all the white dragons and said he’d pull em for a live person sale or something or other. for gosh sakes don’t quote me on that, but i know some peeps stated the wondered how he was to operate that legitly on ebay once bidders were involved. anyhoo, they had a total of 5 pieces, weren’t necessarily going to get any more at all since they didn’t really sell well there and the woman i spoke with didn’t even know how to use a computer, so the chance of them ebaying anything was HIGHLY unlikely. they expressed more of an interest in simply putting up signage to promote the retiredness of the pieces, and change the price lower or higher depending. nothing much to worry about, with that shop, but i can certainly see the concern and need to protect yourselves in the big picture from shop keepers who could abuse their buying power with you. i think that’s it, thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skigod377
                        Participant

I think the flethcher candle lamp off Ebay was from a store. It had a sticker price tag on the bottom for $56 and then another yellow sticky on it saying it was on sale for $32. It also took forever for it to get to me. I was thinking maybe they were trying to get a better deal for it before they mailed it to me. ๐Ÿ˜• I will have to check the box when I get home. Now im curious.

I did not raise my prices on the retired but I certainly understand Grandio’s position. The peacock and rainbow had slowed down and it has cost money to keep them in stock, now is the time to recoup some of that slower inventory turn around. They could have pulled them all and sold them on Ebay.

Tiffany
                          Participant

ski!! i have a couple pieces like that too! you got fletcher from cam auctions right? i got bear butt and bear feet from him. both had price stickers(46 and 56 bucks) and smelled of incense. he too took a while to ship to me, posting a week and a half after i paid. i asked for a combined shipping rate but had no reply. one of them- bear butt -arrived broken as well. he packed that piece in particular in a rather flimsy box with only a piece of paper wrapping the piece and a chunk of cardboard to fill the gap where his head sloped down. he rattled n rolled the whole way here, the box was punctured in three places, breaking off his right front leg, crushing the votive dish on his back and his nose! yow! i emailed him calmly stated what happened and that i didn’t want to return him or expect a refund, but just keep him and repair him, but told him to please pack more carefully for other customers in the future, especially windstones cuz they’re so heavy. no response or apology from him. ah well, i am grateful to have the pieces, they’re so cute! the way he sold those almost looked like he got them from a shop that went out of business, like 50 % off sale and he snatched em all to sell on here. someone got the owl bookend from him for 16 bucks!! i was going to bid but i forgot when the auction ended cuz it was my birthday that day- i was so mad for days!!!!

Maria
                            Participant

Are you guys perchance talking about avatarsalon? I bought my Hippogriff from him and had it sent to Wolfen. She told me it arrived in a massively damaged box looking like it had been dropped from arm’s length – the Hippo itself survived in Mint condition, thank goodness.
                              I left the seller a positive – because after hearing about my damaged spectral I was relieved the Hippo hadn’t broken anything – but I do wish some people would follow up on customer requests if they can’t see for themselves that the thing is heavy, fragile and needs to be handled with care.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.