fbpx

Grab Bag Young Unicorns – pricing?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Grab Bag Young Unicorns – pricing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Hi Melody,

I am bringing this up in a separate topic because I think it should be considered and addressed. I know that Windstone often doesn’t know exactly the price that grab bags will be when they are put into the store, but I think for the batch of grab bag youngs that you told us you are going to be working on, it’s really important that you let us know at least a ballpark figure of what they will likely cost.

A lot of your customers can afford pretty high pricing on pieces with little or no notice, but there’s a pretty large chunk of us that have to save and plan for things much higher than $100, and I know I am speaking for more than one member when I say it would be a GIANT help to us if we had an idea of pricing. And by ballpark, I mean even if it’s within 20 or 30 dollars of what the price ends up being, it would be such a help. Since it’s been so long since a batch of youngs has been released, we are flailing in the dark just trying to guess how much we would have to save!

Is there any way you guys could discuss this at some point that is at least a couple weeks out from the release of these guys? I know I for one am definitely going to have to plan, and save in order to even have a chance at getting one of these guys πŸ™‚

Again, an exact price isn’t necessary, but an idea would be incredibly helpful πŸ™‚

Thanks Melody!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stephanie
      Participant

I second this! I would love to have some idea of cost so I can plan/sell/hope or know it’s totally out of my league. πŸ™‚

Thank you!

fatalbeauty
        Participant

agreed, it’s nice to have a rough idea of yes I have enough or no that’s out of my league/I need to save a bit more….I’d hate to get all excited then find out noooo the price has risen too much when they hit the store…

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Falcolf
          Participant

This would be really helpful! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Chloe
            Participant

A ballpark figure sure would help me out a lot in trying to save for one…. πŸ™‚

Kim
              Blocked

Yeah I would need to know the price and approximately how long they would take before coming out so I would know how much time I have to save up.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                Keymaster

Hi Melody,

I am bringing this up in a separate topic because I think it should be considered and addressed. I know that Windstone often doesn’t know exactly the price that grab bags will be when they are put into the store, but I think for the batch of grab bag youngs that you told us you are going to be working on, it’s really important that you let us know at least a ballpark figure of what they will likely cost.

A lot of your customers can afford pretty high pricing on pieces with little or no notice, but there’s a pretty large chunk of us that have to save and plan for things much higher than $100, and I know I am speaking for more than one member when I say it would be a GIANT help to us if we had an idea of pricing. And by ballpark, I mean even if it’s within 20 or 30 dollars of what the price ends up being, it would be such a help. Since it’s been so long since a batch of youngs has been released, we are flailing in the dark just trying to guess how much we would have to save!

Is there any way you guys could discuss this at some point that is at least a couple weeks out from the release of these guys? I know I for one am definitely going to have to plan, and save in order to even have a chance at getting one of these guys πŸ™‚

Again, an exact price isn’t necessary, but an idea would be incredibly helpful πŸ™‚

Thanks Melody!!

That is hard to do. We don’t know the price until they are painted , because we need to know how much time went into each one.
                  I was planning to make this batch a Safari Supernatural candy corn magic mushroom batch , and that usually takes more time than a “Normal” colored batch.
                  Should I paint them like that? or:
                  Choices:
                  Normal : realistic horse colors
                  normal safari: normal wild animal colors
                  supernatural; hybrid wild animal colors
                  soft fantasy; normal animal markings with bright colors
                  candy corn
                  Poad bit; Supernatural + safari + magic mushroom + candy corn. With sparkles

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Windstone DOES have a money order option available for those who need an extra week or something to get money together. I know I have had to use this option more then once in a pinch. Yes, you have to wait a bit longer to get your uni, but it’s better then not getting one at all

I would most assuredly prefer a (big surprise)

Super Natural Candy Corn Paint Puke Sparkle Zebra Lichen Overboard Fantasy Madness! ^_^ LOL!

Something we haven’t seen before! I’d also love the opportunity to give my baby candy corns some older friends to keep them in line!

This last batch of realistic unis didn’t seem to effect the price jump from the last supernatural batches? In fact, I think the super natural safaris were $10 less then this most recent realistic batch and most of them required a lot less work in my opinion. I’m NOT suggesting AT ALL I think I know how Windstone should price their items at, but I’d tell everyone to be at least prepared for potentially $250 – $275 unicorns.. that’s just a COMPLETELY blind guess since the babies have basically doubled, I’d expect the same for the Youngs.

They might be more then that but I don’t think the paint style necessarily should effect the price as much as the more they are resold at a ridiculous inflated costs then the more Windstone ought to reap the benefits in my opinion. Maybe they should be $500 a piece considering the babies are reselling for $300. I HOPE not, but who knows.

We should all know by now almost everything at Windstone is decided at the last minute. LOL! If we don’t get told a price, I’m still going to TRY and prepare for the worst and I’d suggest everyone else do the same.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Supernatural + safari + magic mushroom + candy corn. With sparkles

Bwahahaha! I love the names πŸ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

if they end up going $200+ like drag0n said, I won’t be buying any, too much!

1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

Yes an idea on price would be very helpful…even as far as “they will be between $150-$200 each” kind of thing…or “they will be more than $100”.

Kiya
                          Participant

This is my own opinion – I have no information from Windstone re: Pricing on Youngs.

I think Windstone would be doing themselves a dis-service to sell these under $300. I know, I know, people are going to disagree, but here is why:

1.) On average – youngs resell for $500+. Especially the fancier ones. If Melody does a batch of fancy youngs, $300/each is a good price and still a solid investment.

2.) The last GB young on ebay from the factory went over $700 and most of the grab bag babies went for over $300. So even though $300 sounds like a lot – it’s still lower than ebay prices which is part of the point of a grab bag.

3.) Windstone is selling GBBs for $130. Anything less than at LEAST 2x the price of a baby seems low to me. πŸ™‚

Anyway, there is my 2 cents. There are only 90 of these guys in the batch to my understanding. So even if that prices some people out of them, they’ll still likely sell out in seconds. I’m not sure _I_ can afford $300 for a young, but I would not begrudge Windstone from making a good profit on their work versus all the money being made by resellers.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

I think if they go like more than 200, a lot of us will be priced out, that’s a lot for something that small…I can see paying $200 for say a lap, the price fits the size…..I can see $300+ for an emperor, the price fits the size once again….

besides resell can’t be a factor, there’s always people who will pay anything to get what they want on ebay despite how high it goes…..

1. Mother Meerkat

Kiya
                              Participant

Resell can be a factor. That’s a reality of retail.

Windstone could post these on ebay an get a lot more income. We have to be reasonable in how much of a hit we’re asking them to take to give us a grab bag versus putting all of these on ebay for the big spenders only.

Again, this is just my opinion. I play no role in the pricing. πŸ™‚

etruscan
                                Participant

I think if they go like more than 200, a lot of us will be priced out, that’s a lot for something that small…I can see paying $200 for say a lap, the price fits the size…..I can see $300+ for an emperor, the price fits the size once again….

besides resell can’t be a factor, there’s always people who will pay anything to get what they want on ebay despite how high it goes…..

Just curious … in your calculations, what is your base price for the little pieces (baby unicorn, baby kirin, baby Poad, and so forth)? It must be very low if you have $200 for a lap and $300 for an emperor as part of a linear increase in price.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.