fbpx

Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

My delivery date was pushed back to Monday. It’s on the truck for delivery but UPS doesn’t deliver on Saturday??? WTH????

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

LZ
      Participant

?????
        Of course UPS delivers on Saturday!

Here is my koi. Like Setsunawolf, I like him better this morning than last night, but it will be up for trade in hopes of getting one I like even better. It is not yet available, because someone else is mulling it over. I am waiting to hear back on yea or nay.

He is very lightly sprayed on the scales with a fine mist of black, which makes him look like he is covered in soot. This has dampened down the intensity of the yellow color.

The top of the head has a lot of silver on top of the black. In the sunlight, I can see more silver on the larger black scales than I did last night indoors.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

LZ
        Participant

Four more, and right side up this afternoon. I’m learning.

Looking for...

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Who hated their Gold Koi?

I have this one ready to swap for one! LOL!

koi-1

koi-2

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

GardenNinja
            Participant

It is probably snowed in. Dunno about around Boise or where it goes from there, but the I-80 pass near Tahoe got too high yesterday for the plows to be able to plow it. The California Highway Patrol tweeted something about trying to get in some other kind of equipment to clear it and please stay off the roads.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
              Participant

I’ve never known them to.

ETA: I just saw Lisa’s reply that they do. Maybe it depends on location. The UPS center near me is not open on Saturdays at all.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

LZ
                Participant

I do live near an airport, so I’ve got all the delivery hubs practically next door. I know I’ve seen the brown trucks going around on weekends. Google says UPS does “ground” service on Saturdays, but I guess it could still be dependent on location as you say.

Looking for...

Bodancia
                  Participant

BTW, no bad weather in Boise to hold up mail. Just a scattering of snow. Look at this Wild Ori! Lots of dark purple!

IMG_1389-Copy

IMG_1388-Copy

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

812ED0CD-2DEC-434E-88BD-44BD9100BDFF
                      I hated my gold koi, but not so much anymore. He’s been working on me. He glows so softly in the light.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Amy
                      Participant

He looks nice with your other orientals, Setsunawolf. Like how some kois have gray and gold, now between him and your young oriental you have that same gray and gold color palate.

I’m still really hoping that my #1 shows up, but I think most people have their dragons by now. She probably went to a non-forum member. *sigh* And sorry to whine. But when I saw that class photo, and my #1 dragon, it was the first thing I actually felt any excitement about since my split. Wanted so badly to get her.

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

Amy, your number 1 could be in my box. It won’t arrive until Monday. Because UPS is being dumb.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Amy
                          Participant

Wouldn’t that be amazing if it was?

If it turns out that it is, would you want to trade me? lol

Syn
                            Participant

I also have a UPS delivery slated for Monday. Like Setsunawolf, I am not happy about the wait. Tracking shows it arrived here yesterday at midnight, so it seems like it should be delivered today.

Anyway, cheer up those of you waiting for a favorite. I have two Wilds coming and don’t plan on keeping either; I am not in love with this sculpt.

Also, for those waiting for a USPS package, another member reminded me that Monday is a holiday for them; no delivery.

whisker hunter west
                              Participant

drag0nfeathers: If I got your luck – twins! – I’d be over the moon. I like to make “families”, not quite matchy-matchy but “related”, and a pair that actually looks like nestmate-twins? Instant headcanon of mischevious kids deliberately posing to maximize the cute and soften the adults from frowning on their latest shenanigans.

Setsunawolf – your Orientals are really striking together! You have a Sun, a Moon, and a Sea.

It’s so much fun seeing what everyone is getting, and how the colors look under different lighting, and all the details that Melody puts into her work. I haven’t seen a single one I don’t like, they’re all amazing.

Nightcrow – I think I’ll wait another week or so before I decide if I’m willing to trade my dark teal. There are a few I like better in both the Cool and Wild batches, and some of them are even on the trade lists, but honestly? I was happy when I opened the box, and that means a lot right now. I can sympathize with anyone having open-the-box blues, because on the GB resting loaf pebble dragons, I calculated I had a 75% chance of getting one I’d adore and got super excited, and – nope. That was my first GB, and I learned that the “can I get a trade?” game only causes me stress. I only made a grab this time because there was only *one* Cool Ori that I didn’t like, and I spent the entire week staring at it and bracing myself to see it when I opened my box. XP

And BigCatKeeper – I’d say I hate you, except I didn’t even try for a Wild, so I wasn’t even in the game. =P I encourage all the eye candy – that mahogany Ori is amazing!

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Bodine
                                Participant

They are all so cool.Wish I could have gotten one.Congrats everybody.
                                  Love the brilliance of them all.Can you imagine how awesome the young unicorns will be in these colors?😍

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 383 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.