Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    BigCatKeeper
    Participant

With the sun out, I was able to get some better shots of my little guy. It seems he has three main colors on him: flat black, flat gold, color shift plum/orangey gold, and color shift green/yellowy gold.

IMG_8206

IMG_8207

IMG_8211

BigCatKeeper
      Participant

You can see from these pictures why I was initially confused when I opened the box. In some lights he is SO plum. And in others he is completely orange gold.

IMG_8218

IMG_8225

Also a couple of detail shots. His eyes are an interesting color. I’m not as familiar as most with the specifics of the eyes, but it seems a metallic pale teal. I think it actually goes well because it pops a little bit more than a darker green. And you can see all the gold stippling under each scale. A lot of love went into making this little guy and I’m thrilled to have him.

IMG_8215

IMG_8233

BigCatKeeper
        Participant

Last three, I promise! Sorry to spam the forum. I’m totally in love with this little guy.

IMG_8230

IMG_8231

IMG_8228

Aggie83
          Participant

BigCatKeeper – please, spam away – he is stunning!

And Natasha – love yours! Congrats.

Natasha
            Participant

So much prettier in person, BigCatKeeper! I love the way he shifts to that orangey color! That is a super deserved pic spam!

And Thanks, Aggie!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Trava
              Participant

Mine has arrived! Sparkly metallic teal cool Ori! I can’t seem to add a pic, all of mine are too big?

Trava
                Participant

Try 2.

etruscan
                  Participant

Your teal one is very pretty!

Natasha
                    Participant

He’s very elegant, Trava! Very pretty detail work on the scales!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

BigCatKeeper
                      Participant

I love all the delicate work on your teal dragon, Trava!

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Trava, I love your teal Oriental!

That one was one of my faves in the class photo, but now that I’ve seen your much larger pictures I think it’s even more beautiful. Such subtle detail, and I love the eye color!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Samwise
                          Participant

BigCatKeeper: swooooon. Thanks for taking such great pictures. Gorgeous piece!
                            Natasha: yours is very interesting. The class pic didn’t do him justice.

whisker hunter west
                            Participant

Mine arrived! Top right corner of the Cool batch class picture. I couldn’t get a good picture, so I’ll have to wait until I can snap it in daylight. Black and metallic / pearlescent teal with silver accents. I really like the color-shift detail on the scales, and I think the entire body has a coat of sparkle paint.

GB_ori_cool_mine_sm

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

whisker hunter west
                              Participant

So, while waiting for my young Ori to arrive, I started tracking which ones showed up or were claimed. I’ll probably keep doing it, it’s pretty fun. For the one-week status – 31 of the 94 Young Sitting Oriental Dragons in the Feb. 2019 grab bag have been posted in the forums (orange mark) or classifieds (green mark). I haven’t seen any on eBay yet. If pictures were posted in the forum, I noted the first page.
                                First up: the Wild batch
                                GB_YSOri_wild1_02-15_sm

GB_YSOri_wild2_02-15_sm

GB_YSOri_wild3_02-15_sm

whisker hunter west
                                Participant

And now the Koi and Cool batches:
                                  GB_YSOri_koi_02-15_sm

I added the February raffle to the Cool batch class pic – he looked like he belonged!
                                  GB_YSOri_cool_02-15_sm

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 383 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.