Grab Bag Cougar Show Off Thread July 2019

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Cougar Show Off Thread July 2019

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

To the lucky purchaser of Cyan Flambe: This is the only cougar in the entire batch that I want. Is there any chance you would sell or trade for anything? Please PM me with your maybe or no. If you might consider a partial trade for one of the fantasy or firecats, please let me know soon so I can buy one before they are gone.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Mary
      Participant

Managed to get one fantasy & one giraffes. Here are those that are my favorites.

mascougar4

mascougar3

mascougar2

mascougar1

Mary
        Participant

And this guy, is probably one of my top choices from the giraffe batch

Melody
          Keymaster

Let’s see if this makes the pic big… I have given up on using the blog for this!… eh, not a lot bigger. A little bigger maybe.

LZ
            Participant

Melody, it didn’t make it much bigger, but I have noticed that when people insert the photos into the forum post, like Mary above, and then I click on that big picture in the post instead of the little one at the bottom, it them opens a new tab in my laptop browser when I can then see it very large. Well, as large as Clay has set the allowed file size. Sometimes people are able to attach very large photos to the forum.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

GardenNinja
              Participant

I’m on a regular computer, and clicking on the thumbnail pulled up a full screen picture.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

etruscan
                Participant

It did for me too. I’m also on a regular computer.

Anonymous

My god how many sets have been released this month? I thought there where only 2 GB and one choose your Cougar. can I get a clarification on how many sets and how many per set?

tig3r06
                    Participant

24 individuals released at once, can only get 1. While supplies last.

1 grab bag divided into 3 groups: fantasy, flame and giraffe. Can have 1 from each group, unless limit is lifted later. While supplies last.

There’s also the July 2019 grab bag cougar thread that courtney posted and in that thread are the group pics of the 3 groups of grab bag cougars.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I can’t tell if my post was posted or not… it won’t show up for me, but if it did like 4 times then I’m sorry, LOL

The grab bags are never really a “set amount” It really depends on how many of something Melody feels like painting. (or how many can fit on her painting wheel at a time) They started out as what Melody called “odd balls” which were just random pieces that didn’t make the cut to ebay but were unique in a sense they were all one of a kind test paints. It started with an odd ball batch of baby unicorns, but then everyone was hooked and asked for more unique batches of sculptures. (which were basically the equivalent to an ebay test paint in nature, but a little bit more of an affordable price for those who couldn’t bid on ebay auctions) This was several years ago, and now Melody does her best to offer us all kinds of new treats since it turned out to be a very popular idea. Some batches would sell out in just a few minutes and crash the website they were so sought after.

The 24 individual cougar batch was something new Melody just tried (which I was a huge fan of, as I am one of the folks usually squeaking to be able to somewhat pick your grab bag) but normally all of them would go into one great big batch to be released into the store. Melody splits them up sometimes into groups (fantasy, natural, safari for example) so that way some folks get a little bit of a better idea of what they might get.

I know I’m not very anxious to fork over $200-$300+ on an item and not know what they are going to get so Melody accommodates us as best as she can ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

Drag0n said it all, but I just wanted to add while we’re on the topic…

It’s anybody’s guess when, what, and how many of something Melody releases to the wild. Sometimes we get a sneak preview via social media, and other times, it’s a total shock to the wallet. If the sculpt is a pain in Melody’s paintbrush, we might never see it as a grab bag again. She usually comments when she didn’t enjoy it. As far as “how many” in the batch…we find this answer in the class picture, but sometimes, GBs are held back for Ebay. All grab bags can become a production color. All grab bags are test paints.

I really like the idea of putting them in the store, to be individually chosen. Mind you, that sort of madness can crash the site…and it also makes for unhappy collectors when things start jumping out of carts. I particularly like this for the really expensive GBs. I agree with Mandy; I’m not crazy about a 200-300 dollar surprise…especially if you get one that no one wants and can’t trade or sell it. It’s all part of the madness I suppose.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I’ve always liked the surprise of the Grab bag, and I feel it makes it more fair for collectors who can’t hunt/haunt the site for a release. I would have missed the all the cougars I wanted if they had been indivally listed because the link crashed my phone. I understand the heartache of putting out 300-400 for something I hate, but it’s a risk I have to decide to take. And Windstone needs to do what makes the most sense for Windstone. A blind grab means all the pieces sell. Individual sales mean some might not sell or might not sell for a price worth the time Melody put into them. Case in point Drag0n’s Ori sold for way more than a grab price while other pieces haven’t sold for list price.
                            Another point is individual sales might lead to higher prices for certain grabs. They are no longer grab bags if you know what you are buying. They are special items, and those should sell for a higher price because they require more man power. Which would be totally reasonable because Windstone needs to cover their costs. And most important, this needs to be fun for Melody. Fun equals creative genius. And we like it when Melody is creating.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

It wasn’t my Ori as much as I wanted it to be! I just started to get over that… *sob* I do appreciate you calling it “my ” Ori though as if it indeed did belong with me, LOL.

In this circumstance, there was still a blind grab bag, but also a select 24 that were available for more selective buyers like me who wouldn’t mind paying a little extra for an item to ensure they get a piece they love <3 I think this grab bag release was the best of both worlds.

There are definitely kinks that need to be worked out. The cart system was put to the test, but not everything is perfect. This was just the 1st time, so I’m sure adjustments will be made as needed for the future to make it a little less glitchy.

Honestly, compared to other sites, Windstone’s is one of the best though as far as cart issues. I can’t tell you how many times on other sites I have bought something and then found out weeks later that item wasn’t available, not only that, but then forced to wait weeks for a refund for an item I apparently never bought. Comparatively speaking, Windstone runs a pretty tight and functional web store.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Angelika_Zen
                              Participant

ARGH! This!!!! I bought a stylized figure that was in short supply, only to find out they ran out right around the time it was supposed to be delivered. Weeks later, I get a refund for something they had no stock of.

This Store, is not THAT.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Pheonixxfoxx
                                Participant

Looks like Rodney and I will be getting ours tomorrow. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.