Grab Bag Baby Ki’rin 2/2/2017!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Baby Ki’rin 2/2/2017!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    Jellyfish
    Participant

Thanks guys!
      PrarieVixen yours are all stunning!
      Mary I hope yours arrives soon. The wolf Poad is one of my top favorites. Second to the penguine poad someone else has. Then my third favorite is my chipmunk poad. Owning two out of three aint bad. (that sounds like a Meatloaf song lol) ๐Ÿ™‚

Scathach
      Participant

There’s no figuring out Canada customs. It’s got nothing to do with shipping method, but sometimes trades do get through. eBay purchases frequently get charged duty, even though they’re not an “original sale”.

Four of my 10 KiRins came through without being charged duty.

On the other hand, I’ve had expensive things, like GBYs get through without fees while a larger box that’s got a lesser value gets caught.

As for the speed of transport, it’s another little lottery. I generally expect 7-10 days from the USA. It’s taken as long as two weeks and as short as five days. I think that a lot depends on when packages arrive at postal depots and when they get in the system. If they hit everything just right (like catching all the green lights in traffic), they’ll just speed along. If the get all the red lights, well, you get the idea…

It’s always a happy day when things arrive quickly and it’s even better without additional fees.

Life is beautiful.

Mary
        Participant

I’m hoping that Stripey shows up today. He’s been sitting in limbo in Chicago, but not moving for 2 days for the short 20 mile trip to my local post office. I could’ve walked the distance faster than that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Your chipmunk poad looks much like mine, and I also have a baby unicorn “Zipmunk” that I bought from another forum member. I love chipmunks. I have pet chipmunks in my yard that I feed everyday and they keep my cats amused. If you ever decide to part with that wolf poad, keep me in mind. He was my #1 fav from that batch.

Mary
          Participant

Scathach, This was the first time I tried out International PM and very pleased with how quickly it got to Canada (4 days). Only reason I tried Int’l PM was because it provides insurance up to a certain amount for free. With the price of the kirins, I was worried about sending it 1st class without insurance, so the PM option worked well.

Is the customs fee supposed to be a percentage of the value of the item?

Jellyfish
            Participant

I will keep you in mind Mary.
              Sometimes first class to me from Windstone takes a month. It all depends. The speed I sent your baby kirin was the fastest. They said four business days so that should have been thursday. He is just taking his time. ๐Ÿ™‚ he knows hes worth the wait lol.

Mary
              Participant

Stripey arrived today with the mail and he definitely WAS worth the wait! Stunning….love the big pupils (kinda mesmerizing actually) and his stripes down the tail. He said that he’d never been to Chicago and wanted to do some sight-seeing first. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again for the trade, Jellyfish. Glad that we could both make each other’s dream come true.

Here’s my conga line all together.

Stripey and another of my trades look kinda like they might be brothers from another mother.

Black gold & silver koi is still available for trade or sale

tig3r06
                Participant

Congrats Mary and Jellyfish! A trade I did took forever and all my packages did this week because of the snow/avalanches we had in the Pacific NW. My trade came to visit Washington for a day from Colorado and then decided he’d love a new home in Florida. Will post more pics when my trades are close to done.
                  I love seeing everyone’s! Keep posting pics of new babies please ๐Ÿ™‚

Jellyfish
                  Participant

Wonderful! They all look good together ๐Ÿ˜€
                    Thank you for the trade I love Sunny baby kirin.
                    Yes more pictures!

Kim
                    Blocked

Yours are all gorgeous Mary! These are the two baby kirins I traded for. Thanks to the ladies to helped me get them! The rainbow one was my number one favourite from this batch of grab bags and the pink and blue one was also a favourite. They are both so vibrant and gorgeous and fit in great with my other pink and rainbow pieces! The funny thing is when I saw the first photo Melody posted of the kirins before they were finished, there were two in the middle with pink that I said were my favourites and I didn’t realize it til now but those are the ones I got if you see the 4th and 5th photos for comparison. I realized that after that photo was taken that those ones both had some dark pink and blue added to them so they look different now but they are gorgeous either way!

These are the kirins I got, pictured before they got more dark pink and blue paint.

These two kirins are for sale or trade.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

tig3r06
                      Participant

Congrats Kim! I love the blue headed one!

Mary
                        Participant

Kim, those are both beautiful! Congrats on getting your top choices.

Jellyfish
                          Participant

Beautiful!

Scathach
                            Participant

Yep, it’s based on the value in Canadian dollars and also calculated by different categories set by Canada Customs.

I’m with you, I insure and require a signature for everything.

Life is beautiful.

Kim
                              Blocked

I was able to sell a couple of my kirins to buy these pretty little ones to go with my other two grab bag babies. These were also favourites of mine so I am thankful to the lady who sold them to me! I got pictures with my other ones at the bottom and am so happy with all of them as they are all so pretty!

Here are all 4 grab bag babies.

Here are my grab bags in front with my older special kirins and white baby in the back.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

jmoore
                                Participant

Nice ones, Kim! Congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 339 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.