fbpx

Grab Bag Baby Ki-Rins available today 2-2-17

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Grab Bag Baby Ki-Rins available today 2-2-17

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

These little guys are in our store now:

Baby Ki-Rin – Grab Bag Edition

Kim
      Blocked

I am actually quite surprised at the price. Why are they more than all the other grab bags like baby unis and poads? The baby Kirins I was lucky enough to get off eBay before sold for between $100 and $150 so I was thinking these might be like $130, not $230! I am concerned that these might not even resell for that much if I didn’t get one I liked and needed to resell.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
        Participant

Unfortunately, when Melody is painting Grab Bags or special pieces, small and hard to paint equals expensive. The grab bag kirins are in line with prices for baby kirins sold in the “Special Section”. Those were mostly $240, a few lower and some higher.

Susie
          Keymaster

The one per customer limit has been removed from the Grab Bag Baby Ki-rins!

Scathach
            Participant

I’m not surprised at all. I think they are priced appropriately.

They’re about the same price as the baby KiRins from the “Special Items” section and many are even more detailed.

Melody put a ton of work into them. Which is always what we appreciate.

Remember, grab bags are “One of a Kind” pieces and no one should expect them to be priced low so that the secondary market can flourish.

Just because the baby KiRins are small, it doesn’t mean they’re easy to paint. Small means more finicky, harder to hold, etc. so, yeah, they’re more expensive.

Standing babies were $150 and didn’t have as much detail.

Sure, you might have “lucked out” and purchased one on eBay between $100 and $150. Good for you. It’s always nice to catch a bargain. But, the reality is that you know it’s a bargain because similar items are usually priced higher.

Further, buying to resell is risky as many collectors have discovered.

If you can’t afford more than one, maybe you can trade for a second one at some point down the road.

I’m looking forward to getting my baby KiRins and once again thank Melody for her hard work and creativity in bringing these little jewels into my home.

Life is beautiful.

Sikek
              Participant

I think the price itself is fair, as it was mentioned before, this is around the same price the special items kirins sold for.
                I think it’s the grab bag format that doesn’t work for the price. Special items, you could buy exactly what you wanted for that price, but as a grab bag it’s a gamble especially when many collectors are becoming more particular with what sort of pieces they want to add to their collection. That’s at least why I am preferring to see what turns up on the second hand market more and more with Grab Bags.

Kim
                Blocked

I saw the prices of the special ones later but then again when you buy a special piece, you know what you are getting so at this price it would have been nice to be maybe able to buy them as special pieces to know we were getting one we liked. I think they are all gorgeous but there are few rainbow ones like I was hoping for. So I was just concerned about if we could resell these for what we paid and not lose money if we don’t get one we like and can’t trade. I only buy things if I want to keep them or try and trade them but sometimes you have no choice but to sell if no one wants to trade or if you want to buy something else.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.