fbpx

Good Practice Ideas Before Painting a PYO?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Good Practice Ideas Before Painting a PYO?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

So while I’m waiting for my two PYO’s to arrive, I’ve been coming up with some colour/pattern plans to go with the eye and gem colours I picked. I had a rough idea to start, but I kind of want to know what I’m doing before I start them.

No, no, gotta remember to finish my batch of commissions before I can play with PYO designs. >_<

bayoudragon
    Participant

I made a little step-by-step thread for a muse a couple years ago. Maybe you can get some info from this and tailor it to suit your painting needs. 🙂

BD’s muse in progress – Mambo #3

Thank you for posting that! There are are ton of really awesome tips and info in there! 😀

Heather
      Participant

Regarding practice items to paint: at work there was a boring gray resin lizard hanging on the wall. He had a thermometer set into his back–just an inexpensive little item, probably from Wal-Mart. Nobody minded if I repainted him, so I took him home and did him up in browns and greens using washes, then added some metallics. It was a lot of fun and turned out better than I had expected. So you might have some luck with little gray resin figures. Even if they’re black, you can still overpaint them with interference paint and metallics.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.