fbpx

Good Dragon books!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Good Dragon books!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

MaryJanice Davidson’s YA series, Jennifer Scales is a hoot.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Maebnus3 wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

If anyone is looking for something that is geared toward younger children, you might try “Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher” by Bruce Coville. About a sixth grade boy who raises a dragon when the egg chooses him! I enjoyed it (so does that mean I’m really immature or just young at heart? 😯 )

Hmm… I dunno, but I’ll tell ya that I’m both (immature & Y@H). I love that book. Though I did read it when I was like… 10. But 17 years later, I still have my bright rainbow-colored copy! πŸ™‚

I wish I had a suggestion for y’all… my brain just dies when it’s given such a task. But at least I’ll have lots of books to try out now. Thanks!

Awww, that was one of my favorite books when I was younger! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Just bought the Elizabeth Kerner books ^^

Tielle St. Clare writes some really fabulous romance shapeshifting dragon books.

Here website link: http://www.tiellestclare.com

πŸ™‚

lamortefille
        Participant

I picked up E.E. Knight’s “Dragon Champion”, but it wasn’t very “meaty” to me. I donated it to the library since I’m sure others will enjoy it (esp. from reviews here). I am on the second of Lackey’s “Joust” series and I like them much better.

Keep those recommendations coming…. πŸ˜€

SPark
          Participant

Maybe one of you will know what this series is! It’s a trilogy. I know there are dragons in it. I read it when I was like… 12, and that’s a loooooooooooong time ago now! I can’t remember hardly anything about it, but I loved it. There was a girl, who was actually a… princess? dragon rider? I have no idea, but she was special and it had something to do with dragons, but she didn’t know she was special. She was raised by a race of sentient sea otters, I’m pretty sure an evil usurper killed her parents and took over their… kingdom, dragons, whatever. And there was something very important about music. I think one of the books might have been titled something like “the dragon bard” but looking under that title hasn’t found me anything.

Anybody know it?

lamortefille
            Participant

SPark, if no one here recalls the book, try Abebooks.com’s Book Sleuth. I posted there about a book and got an answer in a couple of hours.

http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom

SPark
              Participant

I actually just got an answer off the find_a_book lj community. It’s Shirley Rousseau Murphy’s Nightpool trilogy. I’d remembered some bits of it wrong, but somebody knew it all the same.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

SPark wrote:

I actually just got an answer off the find_a_book lj community. It’s Shirley Rousseau Murphy’s Nightpool trilogy. I’d remembered some bits of it wrong, but somebody knew it all the same.

I haven’t read that one yet, but I love the Catswold Portal. I’ve read my copy so many times that the cover is missing…..

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

lamortefille
                  Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

SPark wrote:

I haven’t read that one yet, but I love the Catswold Portal. I’ve read my copy so many times that the cover is missing…..

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Ah ha! I thought the author’s name rang a bell. I read that one, too.

laphon1
                    Participant

Krysia wrote:

Tielle St. Clare writes some really fabulous romance shapeshifting dragon books.

Here website link: http://www.tiellestclare.com

πŸ™‚

I liked them, too!

etruscan
                      Participant

Sorry guys, I just recently joined the forum so am wandering around and finding old threads. One great dragon book is Robin McKinley’s DRAGONHAVEN – a stand alone story not related to her Hero and Crown books. Lots of dragons.

A juvenile book I liked is DRAGON SLIPPERS, unfortunately I can’t remember the author.

raincry
                        Participant

I’ve read many of the ones everyone has mentioned. So many great books out there. If anyone wants a great light hearted series I highly suggest The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede. There are four books Dealing With Dragons, Searching on Dragons, Calling On Dragons and Talking to Dragons. I read them probably in middle school, but I have read them since then and they are still great. I think they are considered young adult, but I am not sure. I read some heavy fantasy books, but many of them don’t have dragons (except Pern of course) and it is a nice trade up to read something light from my usual Terry Brooks and Robert Jordan series.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Thankies for the suggestion raincry – I was in the mood for a little lighter fare… :yes: *trots off to go do a lookie-upie* 😈

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

raincry
                            Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Thankies for the suggestion raincry – I was in the mood for a little lighter fare… :yes: *trots off to go do a lookie-upie* 😈

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€
                              My pleasure πŸ˜€ I actually might have to go read them again myself! You’ll have to tell me what ya think if you manage to track them down 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.