fbpx

good cat candlelamp eye trouble

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone good cat candlelamp eye trouble

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

well this has been bugging me for a while and i couldn’t sit on it anymore. i was almost going to put this in the ask melody section , but i didn’t want to trouble her with something miniscule like this. anyway, i got a good cat candlelamp on ebay and when it arrived i saw immediately that it had a mis-set marble eye, it wasn’t glued in far enough forward so there is a significant gap that shows even when its not lit, but when it is lit it is unbearably off! ack! theres a big old gap you can see clear through to the yellow glow from the flame behind.
      anyway, i didn’t know if other peeps had this problem, if the eye socket was just a little tight for the marble and it happened here n there, of if mine is just “special”. it looks way too bad to be lit, so i either thought i would try to chip it out, breaking the glue, but not the marble, as i have good tools, or just break down and buy a whole new one. id hate to do that though as money is tight and i want to have the $$ for the new pieces.
      any suggestions from windstone staff or collectors? i know i should get a pic, but its kinda tricky to really capture on film.

Tiffany
      Participant

Participant

I wonder if in a case like this, when it appears to be a manufacturing flaw if Windstone would replace it for free, minus shipping?

I’ll like to know what other collectors would recommend too.

I had a crouching cat candlelamp that had dried glue edging out around the eye socket. It wasn’t overly noticable like your issue, but you could still tell it was there.

Tiffany
          Participant

gosh, i would love it if they would replace it as i can’t even light it cuz it looks silly. i kinda think they would want it out of circulation since its really like a “second” too, but you never know. i do have the original box……
            heck, my OW is missing his gold accent detailing on his hind end and several other places, i have all the luck!!! i didn’t know it til i compared it to others peeps ows when i did color comparison, i was like hey, where’s all my gold accents!? darnit!!! i am curious how often this happens, but thats is the nature of having things done by hand, everyone is human.
            anyway i took a couple of blurry pics with my dying camera, gives a better idea of what’s going on. the gap is the yellow crescent moon shape on the upper right side of the right eye. enjoy and laugh, poor cat! its like a cross eyed siamese, especially since its eyes are blue! lol!
            [img]
            [/img]

i will be able to get better pics in the morning, but its a start. i was able to push a match clean through the gap no problems and pull it out the back, its about that wide.

Maria
            Participant

You’re right, tf, that looks really bad, like the cat is diseased or something. Bummer about your OW, but you can put gold accents on yourself with a marker. It’s what Windstone uses too, and it’s not hard.

Tiffany
              Participant

oh, i’ll have to find out what product they use EXACTLY -i just might try touching him up if i can find the exact thing! i think i saw it mentioned somewhere once before, but boy i don’t think i’d find it again. wasn’t it a paint pen or something? i have a couple of other nicked pieces anyway, so that would be great for touching them up too! thanks for helping me feel like i’m not totally nuts about the eye thing. 🙂

Maria
                Participant

I just use a metallic gold permanent marker. I can’t read the brand name any more, but I don’t think it makes a difference. It looks as good as new.

Bob

I did not think it would be that noticabl;e when i read this post earlier. I wonder ig there is any way to fix it corretly but not hurt the actual piece

SPark
                    Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

oh, i’ll have to find out what product they use EXACTLY -i just might try touching him up if i can find the exact thing! i think i saw it mentioned somewhere once before, but boy i don’t think i’d find it again. wasn’t it a paint pen or something? i have a couple of other nicked pieces anyway, so that would be great for touching them up too! thanks for helping me feel like i’m not totally nuts about the eye thing. 🙂

It’s a deco art gold paint pen.

Bob

I think I have used then or at least something like it in the past and it worked very well

Skigod377
                        Participant

They dont recommend trying to remove the eyes. I think Melodys’ exact words were: They are glued in there pretty good. You can try to wiggle it out if its already loose, but dont pry it. It will break.

Bob

well sorry wiggle was what I was referring to. I remember her saying that

yep, I would contact Karen to see if she can do anything. Poor, poor cat.

I agree. I know Windstone does replace defective pieces that their dealers get.

Is there some reason you didn’t return the item to the Ebay seller for a refund?

Bob

I hope you can get everything to work out to your satisification

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.