fbpx

Gone for about a week! Back!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Gone for about a week! Back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anyone need anything from me, just hang in there until next Tues. Off to Pittsburgh for Anthrocon in about 3 hours! see you all when I get back!

Kyrin

purpledragonclaw
    Participant

Is this a vacation trip or work trip?

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Take lots of pix and have mega-tons of fun!!!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Adaneth
        Participant

Hope you have a great time! ๐Ÿ˜€

laphon1
          Participant

Have fun and a safe trip!

darjeb
            Participant

Have a good trip and return to us safely

Katherine
              Participant

Have fun!!

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Have fun!

This was a fun trip, went to Anthrocon!

Let’s see…Thursday, woke up and jumped on first plane heading to Pittsburgh, PA at 5:30am. Landed in Chicago a few hours later and then jumped onto the next one. Arrived in Pittsburgh at 1:20pm, then got a cab to the hotel. Within an hour we were at the convention center standing line to register for the convention, this took us 2.5 hours, good thing nothing happens on Thursday. Next year we are pre-registering!

Around 6pm we met up with about 8 of our friends from Second Life, it was so terrific to meet my best buddies from there, and we spent the whole weekend goofing off together, including me singing karoke.

Friday, ran into Xian Jaguar as she was heading up to the Dealer’s Room to set up and made a date to have dinner together on Sun. One down! Then we met up with our friend Dave and waited patiently for the Dealer’s room to open for the rest of the planet. Then we all invaded it and set out to find out who was here. Believe it or not, the art show was how we found peoples. I saw that Nambroth aka Jennifer was there and raced out of the Art show to track her down, she’s just as sweet in person as she is here folks. Vantid was also there, and I said Hi to her too and got a really nice print from her.

Managed to find Heather Bruton and Dark Natasha first day and got a gorgous commission from them working together on it, first time ever I have been able to afford to do that. Also got Heather’s phone number and made tentative plans to meet for lunch in Aug, oooh goody, I might get Heather all to myself for a hour or so, that will be nice, at cons she is so busy she has no time to chat.

Later that night met up with everyone from SL and we went out for food and to sing karoke, for which I sang Crazy For You, by Madonna, I couldn’t hear a thing and it turned out I held the mic a bit too far away, but other than that apparently I wasn’t bad. My friend Joy knocked them out with Arms of the Angel, by Sarah Maclaughin, and Nick killed them with You, Me and the Bottle Makes Three. Course Nick really knows how to sing, been preforming in front of people for a few years now, so if he hadn’t impressed them, I would have been surprised.

Saturday, we all ran around the place, meeting up, running off to various shows, looking around the Dealer’s den and art show, defending our bids, etc. Saturday was insane. Met up with our friend Dave for dinner, and he took us to a 5 star restaurant and bought dinner, which made my husband nearly have a heart attack, since dinner was not cheap. Then we ended up meeting up with Joy, Nick, Matt, and Randy and goofed off with them for a bit, while Dave went to a show he wanted to see.

Sunday, last day, people are heading to the airport, we’re taking last minute pictures and saying goodbyes and chasing people down for last minute con badges and art prints. Didn’t get breakfast that day until about 1pm. Caught up with Xian Jaguar, Holly Ann and Katrina for dinner around 6pm and it took over an hour for the food to show up to the table after we ordered, but it was very good when we got it. Then we headed back to the convention and hung out with friends in the big community room set up in the hotel for a bit, retrieved a con badge from Xian, and headed to our hotel.

Monday, went straight to FedEx and shipped our artwork home, one piece was 3 ft by 2 ft, no way we could take it on the plane. Then off for breakfast, then tracking down the friends who were still there to say goodbye. Packing up our room and heading to the airport. Ended up hanging at the airport for 4 hours or so waiting for our flight, since the hotel kicks you out at noon. Finally got home around midnight our time. Overall all travel for the whole trip was uneventful and smooth. Only scary thing was our cab rides with a few of the cabbies. LOL!

Had a wonderful time and we’re going again next year.

Kyrin

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Wow, what fun! You certainly had a full schedule with a whirlwind of activities! You are on Second Life? How cool is that? You’re the first person I’ve ever talked to who was on that; is it fun? I actually felt like I was there while reading your post; you sounded very busy! I’ve never been to a convention before, not even an anime one. Congrats on the commission and new print. And on meeting vantid and Jennifer. And being able to go to a five-star restaurant. And for having a good time!

Jasmine
                    Participant

Sounds like you had a great time. Would love to see pics of the artwork you got, not to mention pics of Nam and Vantid. ๐Ÿ˜€

siberakh1
                      Participant

Wow! Sounds like you had fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve thought about going to Anthrocon, but I’m not sure if that will ever happen. I’ve got Anime conventions and Oberammergau to contend with next summer!

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

*turns 4 shades of green in envy…* Sounds like you had a blast! Good to have you home, though 8)

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Glad to see you made it home safely. Sounds like you had a blast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.