fbpx

Going to my mom's

Home Forums Miscellany Community Going to my mom's

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Jodi
      Participant

I’m going to my mom’s for a couple days to help her with a garage sale. I won’t have internet access, but I’ll back Saturday evening. Bye!

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

Good luck with the sale! I hope everything sells well!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Sell lots and have a good visit with your mum!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jodi
            Participant

Thanks. I’m back now. I did pretty well on the garage sale, but had a couple big arguments with my mom. She’s 79 and very stubborn.

I had brought over two big loads of clothes and shoes from my closed Ebay store for this garage sale. I said I’d come and run it because there was so much stuff. She and my brother decided to open it a day earlier than I could be there, so they set everything up. I got there for Friday morning, and all the clothes and shoes were still in the house. I asked her why they weren’t out in the garage, and she said that they were priced too high ($1-$2) and that nobody would want them. THAT’S THE WHOLE REASON WE WERE HAVING THE SALE!!!! I was so mad at her. My sister-in-law (Wendy) was there, and she said she had fought with my mom about it the day before and finally just gave up and went home. She was just furious about it.

Needless to say, Wendy and I took matters into our own hands and put all the clothes and shoes out. I sold over half of the shoes, and a lot of the clothes. Of course, Mom wouldn’t say I was right or she was wrong or apologize. But at least I got rid of a lot of them. I could have gotten rid of a lot more if they had been out on Thursday too. Grr!

Anyway, I’m home now and can relax. Yay! πŸ˜€

Ah well, I’m glad things (mostly) worked out. My Mom is 74 and just as stubborn. I spent a week with her while we were in MI helping her clean house and get rid of stuff she no longer needs. All we had to do was agree on what stuff that was 😯 πŸ™„ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Green **Grey

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Glad you sold a lot, even if it didn’t go completely as planned!

Katherine
                Participant

You do seem to be pretty busy a lot lately, huh? πŸ˜€ I am glad you sold a lot, even though your mom was stubborn! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                  Participant

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve been busy, and it’s only going to get worse.

I temp for a few days this week (maybe all week if they have enough for me to do). Then next week I take my first course in real estate. The week after I take a two-day exam prep course, then take the exam. If I pass the exam, then I have to take two more 4-day courses before I can get licensed. These will be in August. And GenCon is a week in the middle of August (Indiana convention). Then I’ll have a month of training that I’ll have to schedule in somewhere before I can start selling.

Somewhere in there I have to figure out what books I’m going to use for my courses this fall (two classes), and order them through the campus book store. And get my syllabi and class schedules made up. And assignments.

And we want to finish the dining room. I’d also like to get the basement cleaned out, but I doubt that will happen this year now.

Blah. If there is “no rest for the wicked” I must have been very bad recently. πŸ˜†

Bob

GOOD LUCK your schedule sounds as bad as mine!!

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Have you started your SciFi short story book? (runs and hides)

Jodi
                        Participant

There wasn’t much interest from the publishers yet, so I’ve been putting it off. 😳 I have to prioritize – other things have deadlines.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.