fbpx

Going to Green Bay for the weekend

Home Forums Miscellany Community Going to Green Bay for the weekend

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

It as a great time.

I’m caught up now too. I got the dishes caught up, laundry is almost done, and the hubby ran his errand too. And I think I got my energy back.

Yay! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
      Participant

When and where is your next Con?

Jodi
        Participant

My next con is the weekend after next – Memorial weekend. It is in Madison, WI, for four days – Thursday for traveling, then Friday thru Monday – home Monday night. It is a limited registration convention though, so if you haven’t registered yet, you probably won’t get in.

There is a link to the convention website on the Contact Us page of my website. It is a literary feminist science fiction convention. There will be lots of authors and publishers there. Jim Frenkel from Tor Books will be there. I’ve talked to him a number of times, and he’s really nice. He’s married to Joan Vinge (author), so she’ll be there too, probably. They live in Madison.

Ursula K. Le Guin usually appears at this one too… Lois McMaster Bujold, Eleanor Arneson, Ellen Kushner, and more. There should be a list of anticipated guests on the website.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Sounds like a lot of great authors will be there. I hope you get to meet some of them. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
            Participant

Me, too. And I hope they are nice in person. I heard some can be big jerks. πŸ˜†

Jodi
              Participant

I’ve met a lot of them before, and they are all very nice. Ms. Le Guin is wonderful. I also like P.C. Hodgell and Midori Snyder, although they haven’t written too much. They were very nice to meet too. Peg Kerr is also nice. Anyone else read “The Wild Swans”? I’ve seen her at a lot of things, and she’s super.

Starbreeze
                Participant

Anne McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Barbara Hambly are all nice. Harlan Ellison was bit on the strange side. πŸ™‚

Jodi
                  Participant

Margaret Weis was very nice. Mercedes Lackey is a strange woman. Larry Dixon is nice though.

Katherine Kurtz is awesome! She found out I was stuck behind my table in the dealers room during her book signing, so she came in there afterwards, sat behind my table with me, and signed all my books. Awesome.

Terry Brooks is wonderful too. I had a huge bag of books, but then saw people with only a few in the line, so I took five of them and stood in line. When he got to me, he said, “Where’s that big bag of books I saw you go by with?” I said, “In the dealer’s room. Why?” He said, “Are they mine?” “Yes.” “Go get them!” he said. So I did. He signed everyone of them. And not just with his name… he wrote a little something, his name, and the date in each one.

Some authors are really cool.

Starbreeze
                    Participant

He isn’t an author, but Michael Whelan was really nice the couple of times I saw him. He was very friendly and down to earth. So was Real Musgrave and his wife Muff. πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.