fbpx

Going to Boston on Vacation

Home Forums Miscellany Community Going to Boston on Vacation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

keschete
      Participant

Hey all! I will be spending a week in Boston and on Cape Cod in mid October.

Any suggestions? We are staying on Cape Cod and plan to visit Battleship Cove, Mystic and New England Aquariums, the zoo in Providence RI and the King Richard’s Faire (Ren Fest). Lots of other places are on my list like Salem Witch Museum and a whale watching cruise or two…..

I plan on eating lots of clams, lobsters and clam chowder..

Any advice would be appreciated, any interesting things to do…we are staying in Hyannis.

Thanks, Kaya

I love those places, The NE aquarium is awesome, as is anything in Salem, especially in October, Mystic seaport can be quite around oct. though, but still fun! Have a good time!

siberakh1
        Participant

Oh, PM or call me when you are going! I was looking at going out to Boston some weekend in October, possibly to King Richard’s!

The NE Aquarium is nice. Quincy Market is fun to wander around (Faneiul Hall is right there as well). There are the Boston Duck Tours and various tours of the historic sections. I know one follows a path through the city that is actually marked. I’d have to look up the specific tour it is though.

Actually, my cousin and drag0nfeathers live not too far from King Richard’s Faire!

Lokie
          Participant

I live in the Boston area so I feel like I should have plenty of suggestions, but my minds a blank so I’d have to think a bit….

Although, you have a pretty full itinerary already ๐Ÿ˜ฎ You’re going to some really interesting places. ๐Ÿ™‚

Where are you from, keschete?

twindragonsmum
            Participant

If you get the chance, you need to see Plimouth Plantation, the Mayflower and Plimouth Rock. We were lucky enough to have Thanksgiving dinner at Plimouth Plantation the year the boys turned 3 and it was fabulous!

tdm

siberakh1
              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

If you get the chance, you need to see Plimouth Plantation, the Mayflower and Plimouth Rock. We were lucky enough to have Thanksgiving dinner at Plimouth Plantation the year the boys turned 3 and it was fabulous!

Oh yeah! They get to show you that half the stuff that they teach kids in school about the pilgrims is wrong, like buckles on the hats and stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ My nephews loved it (they go to school in Eastern MA and went there for a field trip last year). ๐Ÿ™‚

Around exit 9 on the Mass Pike is Old Sturbridge Village.

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

I don’t know much about that area except that the seafood is supposed to be delicious! I’d love to go on a whale-watching tour! You will post pics, won’t you! Have fun and take care!

darjeb
                  Participant

It’s been so many years since I was there that my mind is blank. But it was in October and I do remember it being cold so be sure to take a jacket.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.