fbpx

Gift certificate for myself?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Gift certificate for myself?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

I am wanting to build up my Windstone account in bits and pieces so that I can be in a better position to purchase the next Grab Bag item. I was a little short on funds and not able to get one of the wonderous GB Candy Corns last time. I don’t want to be in that position again. Is there an easier way to do this than buying gift certificates, sending them to myself and applying them to my account?

Amy
      Participant

Set paypal up with a credit card and charge it πŸ˜‰

Robin
        Participant

Ah… but if I did that I would likely use the accumulated money for something frivalous, like groceries or gas. I want a way to bleed off small amounts that I can build up for the express purpose of getting my first GB.

WolfenMachine
          Participant

The gift certificates idea is a good one. If you have paypal tied to your bank account, you could always transfer so much-$5 or $10 into your paypal account, from your bank, ever week/2 weeks/month.

I sell stuff on ebay and use the funds from that to buy Windstones. Trade old stuff for new stuff πŸ˜€

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

I sell stuff on ebay and use the funds from that to buy Windstones. Trade old stuff for new stuff πŸ˜€

That’s exactly what I do!! I sell a few odds and ends every now and then and I let my ebay earnings sit in my paypal account, we call it my Windstone fund. πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

I need to get myself hooked up with a Paypal instead of always borrowing my dads (I hadn’t used it much before… things are going to change, I think ;p haha)
                I don’t know how quick and easy paypal is from the store here, but the thing I can say was really nice about gift certs is there wasn’t a payment method step that slowed me up. The disadvantage, I have $100 still I can’t touch till something comes up in the store – They’re not usable toward ebay and when you get great offers like I have from other forum members…
                My big prob is, now 99% of what I want that isn’t a PYO isn’t going to restock until horn issues get figured out (Lap, Scratching and Uni’s)

Robin
                Participant

Those are all great points. I already have my paypal tied to my bank account. I sell tons of books and then transfer the money back into my bank account. I still haven’t made up my initial investment in the books so, until I do that, all ebay/paypal funds go back into the bank to pay off the household acount I borrowed it from. Anybody want to buy some books? lol

But, if I had a way to skim off $20 here and there into a Windstone account then when the next GB comes out, hopefully, I will be ready.

I was just wondering if there was an easier way to build up my Windstone account than to get go the gift certificate route.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I put a set amount of money each month in my PayPal account. That way, I can use it for Windstones coming from any source. If there’s not enough money in my PayPal account, then I don’t buy and just commit suicide.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                    Participant

I put a set amount of money each month in my PayPal account. That way, I can use it for Windstones coming from any source. If there’s not enough money in my PayPal account, then I don’t buy and just commit suicide.

How many lives do you have? πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
                      Participant

How many lives do you have? πŸ˜‰

Dragons are bound to have more lives than cats, right? And since I’m a dragon medley…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Get PayPal and also get the PayPal Debit Card. It is great to use to pay for the shipping when you have just sold stuff on eBay. It helps me keep track of those particular expenses – plus you don’t have to wait for that pesky transfer time to your bank account after someone buys something from you.

Robin
                        Participant

Ok I went ahead and did the gift certificate route. It was quick and painless with no problems. My GB funds are already building. Now, if we can just get Melody to do another fantasy baby Uni group.

I’d say setting up PayPal to take $10 every couple weeks from your account would be a good way to go, just keep track of how much you have siphoned & make sure that stays in the PayPal when you move funds to checking from eBay sales. Make a mental note in your head that it is invisible money, not accessible unless it is for a Windstone. That should work out, it also makes it easier to use, cause it doesn’t restrict your buying power from only one source.

I have my PayPal set up to pull $25 every two weeks, sometimes I end up needing it, other times it sits. But think of it as a savings acct…or alternately, set up a savings acct, or take it out in cash & stick in a jar. Main thing is to steel yourself not to use it in emergency, just do what you would have done if the money wasn’t there.

Kyrin

Robin
                          Participant

Well that didn’t work. I just tried to purchase my second $20 gift certificate to help build my account. But, since I already have $20 in my Windstone account, it wanted to use that to pay for my second certificate. So I would have to get a $40 certificate to use the $20 I already have so that I can add the $20 I want to add. Shesh!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.