fbpx

ghostbusters and more?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody ghostbusters and more?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: Ms.Melody,besides the work on the ghostbusters movie and all your outstanding sculpts,have you done any other interesting work in the field of imagination and fantasy? :bye:

Melody
        Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Ms.Melody,besides the work on the ghostbusters movie and all your outstanding sculpts,have you done any other interesting work in the field of imagination and fantasy? :bye:

Gad, I can’t even remember…I’ve had other freelance sculpting and illustration jobs, but nothing that turned into anything significant. I have the wrong temperament to do work for other people. I did sandpaintings for years, which probably doesn’t count…production work.
          I had a comic strip which was published in our local newspaper for a very short time. I thought I wanted to be a “strip” cartoonist until I did that! Oy vey,Though I still dream about finishing my graphic novel.
          John and I started selling the Alberti Design prints when I was right out of college.( I really need to post pics of that old line of prints somewhere, I don’t think there is a complete collection online anywhere.There are still a few well hidden prints in our online store http://www.windstoneeditions.com/artprintspg.htm) That was our full time job, and a few years after that we found ourselves with Windstone.
          That was a very kind question , thank you!

Melody
          Keymaster

Was anyone able to spot the little ghost in Ghostbusters I was talking about? It is only on the screen for a split second!

Heather
            Participant

Aagh! Yet another reason for me to love that movie? Please, I’m missing the thread . . . where is the ghost?

Lokie
              Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

Aagh! Yet another reason for me to love that movie? Please, I’m missing the thread . . . where is the ghost?

Melody wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Have you ever thought about doing dragons for “Sideshow/Weta” when you were in California? Your sculpts are just as good and better than some of theirs.I was watching LotR and thought about your work,just curious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those movie creature people keep one humble.. wow. I am not in that league!
                John, John’s dad Nick and I did do some small creature stuff on the first “Ghostbusters” movie. There was no cg in them-there days, everything was real latex creatures that were puppeteered, or stop motion. John and nick built the mechanism that raised and stretched the graceful “librarian ghost” into a scary ghoul.I pupeteered her a tiny bit,and I sculpted a little ghost’s face! It is visible on screen for about a nano second. It is the grinning bat-winged one that flys out of the storm drain after the ghosts get released from the ghostbuster’s ghost holding tank. John and Nick got credits!
                I got a plastic gorilla skull out of the deal.
                Now you gotta rent the movie.

I haven’t been able to find the spot ๐Ÿ˜ณ Around 1:09:20 there is a ghost that comes out of the underground subway, and then a mist that comes out of the storm drain and goes into a taxi. Are either of those possibly the scene?

Bodine
                Participant

Melody wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Gad, I can’t even remember…I’ve had other freelance sculpting and illustration jobs, but nothing that turned into anything significant. I have the wrong temperament to do work for other people. I did sandpaintings for years, which probably doesn’t count…production work.
                  I had a comic strip which was published in our local newspaper for a very short time. I thought I wanted to be a “strip” cartoonist until I did that! Oy vey,Though I still dream about finishing my graphic novel.
                  John and I started selling the Alberti Design prints when I was right out of college.( I really need to post pics of that old line of prints somewhere, I don’t think there is a complete collection online anywhere.There are still a few well hidden prints in our online store http://www.windstoneeditions.com/artprintspg.htm) That was our full time job, and a few years after that we found ourselves with Windstone.
                  That was a very kind question , thank you!

You are MOST welcome! I am very interested.I would love to ask you a hundred more,but I won’t ๐Ÿ™‚

Lokie, Scott and I watched it over and over…I did not see a face or ghost in the mist. Neither did he. The only one we saw was the one from the subway too… :scratch:
                  Melody, is that the one you are talking aobut, or do I need to keep watching it over and over in slow motion? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Angie
                  Participant

Here’s a screencap of the ghost from the subway, if that helps at all.

Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies! ๐Ÿ˜€

Heather
                    Participant

That is SO COOL! Thanks for the info, Lokie and Ladycat! ๐Ÿ™‚ Now should I confess that the librarian ghost was one of my favorite parts of the movie, even though she scared me half to death? The first three times I saw the film, I couldn’t watch the part where she went all freaky. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Actually, Barrdwing, she scared me too!

Melody
                        Keymaster

Lokie wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

Melody wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Have you ever thought about doing dragons for “Sideshow/Weta” when you were in California? Your sculpts are just as good and better than some of theirs.I was watching LotR and thought about your work,just curious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those movie creature people keep one humble.. wow. I am not in that league!
                          John, John’s dad Nick and I did do some small creature stuff on the first “Ghostbusters” movie. There was no cg in them-there days, everything was real latex creatures that were puppeteered, or stop motion. John and nick built the mechanism that raised and stretched the graceful “librarian ghost” into a scary ghoul.I pupeteered her a tiny bit,and I sculpted a little ghost’s face! It is visible on screen for about a nano second. It is the grinning bat-winged one that flys out of the storm drain after the ghosts get released from the ghostbuster’s ghost holding tank. John and Nick got credits!
                          I got a plastic gorilla skull out of the deal.
                          Now you gotta rent the movie.

I haven’t been able to find the spot ๐Ÿ˜ณ Around 1:09:20 there is a ghost that comes out of the underground subway, and then a mist that comes out of the storm drain and goes into a taxi. Are either of those possibly the scene?

Yeah, the aqua colored ghost that comes out of the subway is it. On the big screen, in a theater, it actually has a face you can see, but it is just a blur on video! (or maybe I just remember the film clip I watched of it while they were filming it there) At least the Librarian ghost was on the screen for a while!

Melody
                          Keymaster

Ladycat_Rainleaf wrote:

Here’s a screencap of the ghost from the subway, if that helps at all.

Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies! ๐Ÿ˜€Thats him. You cant see his face at all! ha. oh well , he had streaming fillaments coming off of his arms, like a bats wings.Those don’t show either.

Rachel
                            Participant

The librarian ghost scared the bejeezus out of me, too. I LOVE those movies. That is very cool.

Lokie
                              Participant

Melody wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Yeah, the aqua colored ghost that comes out of the subway is it. On the big screen, in a theater, it actually has a face you can see, but it is just a blur on video! (or maybe I just remember the film clip I watched of it while they were filming it there) At least the Librarian ghost was on the screen for a while!

Oh wow, cool ๐Ÿ™‚ That ghost was there for a lot longer than a nano second ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.