fbpx

Getting frustrated with an artist

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Getting frustrated with an artist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I placed an order from an artist’s Web site Aug. 20. Tomorrow makes two months and I still haven’t recieved my order. According to the Web site their shipping policies are:

Quote:

If the item is in stock (unmatted), it will be shipped immediately. We try to indicate when products are not in stock, but occasionally stock may be depleted before your order can be processed. In this event, we will try to inform you of the back order status, estimate the shipping date and give you the chance to rescind your order.
      Matted orders will ship within two weeks, while framed orders may take up to four weeks during our busy summer season.

I did order something that was matted, but the Web site did not state that it or the other item were out of stock. I’ve emailed them twice with no response and I’m trying to call them, but no one is answering the phone nor have they returned the one message I left asking for a call. I even tried calling their “customer service department” but that number has been disconnected.

I’m really disappointed at this customer service. I’ve bought things from this artist’s booth at the renaisance faire before so never had to worry about shipping. Normally I wouldn’t be worrying too much about this, but two months without any contact at all is unreasonable and I’m going to be away from home for most of November so I need to know what is up with my order.

Sorry I just needed to vent a little. Anyone have any ideas? I really don’t want to cancel the order, but I’m starting to get frustrated enough that I am considering it.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

Have you paid already?

If not, I would consider cancelling the order and either reorder later – when they contact you to ask why you’re cancelling – or buy at the faire.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Yep I paid when I ordered and the money cleared my account three days later. I managed to get through to the answering macine again and left another message. I also sent another email using a different email account than my hotmail one since some people automatically block emails from similar accounts to prevent spam.

Jasmine
            Participant

Did you pay by Paypal? If it were me, I’d cancel the order. ‘Specially if it’s been that long, two months without any contact is ridiculous.

Purplecat
              Participant

I second Jasmine’s advice. That’s definately an unreasonable amount of time to keep someone waiting with no contact. 😕

Pegasi1978
                Participant

The payment was taken directly from my VISA check card. I understand that it is still the fair season in some areas and the artist is going to shows occasionallu, but even the Web site says 2-4 weeks. I’m going to give them another day to respond to my email/phone message before I start calling every 30 minutes until I talk to someone. At that point I’ll see how I’m felling about the order. I was really looking forward to the matted picture too. It had a unicorn and a pegasus in it.

Maria
                  Participant

Sorry about the trouble, Pegasi. I hope you get the print.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Thanks. I’m really starting to get annoyed though. Two months with no word is unacceptable. I’ve emailed three times and left three messages now. I’m going to start calling every 30 min/hour tomorrow and keep calling until I talk to someone. Depending on what they say I’ll likely cancel the order and hope they have some available at next year’s ren fair (unless it sells out which would make me sad) if I get to go.

I was really wanting to support the artist and let them get the most of the money from the print and the book by buying directly from them. I know when you buy books from stores that the artist won’t get near as much money from the purchase as they would if you buy it directly from them.

BDW
                      Participant

Call your VISA service department. They might be able to do something about it.

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Call your VISA service department. They might be able to do something about it.

It’s a VISA check card not an actual credit card. So I’d probably have to call my bank. I’m trying to call today, but they have the fax machine hooked up to the only phone number that I have.

Anyone live in or near Niles, OH? 👿

wolflodge100
                          Participant

I’m sorry, I hope you get it worked out!

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Well I still haven’t had any response from the artist so I typed up a letter requesting a refund, included a copy of my invoice, and put it in the mailbox. I’m debating running the letter to the post office and sending it some way they have to sign for it. I’m giving them a stated deadline of Halloween to refund my money before I report them to the BBB.

Starbreeze
                              Participant

That sounds very reasonable.

Jodi
                                Participant

Yep. That sounds reasonable. Make sure you copy everything for your records, and definitely make them sign for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.