GB Wolves 2/5/15 – Show Off Thread!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags GB Wolves 2/5/15 – Show Off Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    JynXx
    Participant

Courage is gorgeous, Natasha!! Love his little dimple marks on his cheeks! xD

I apologize for the poor quality of these photos, it was very bright out today, but I just couldn’t wait to take pictures of them!! I’ll get better photos soon πŸ™‚

Traded these lovelies..

photo 20150212_143853_zpse580a3a6.jpg

For these πŸ™‚

photo 20150225_112444_zps6qiae2w5.jpg

My two new wolves together

photo 20150225_112234_zpsbxl2xddo.jpg photo 20150225_112314_zpsvz1ggwvh.jpg photo 20150225_112340_zpsdsfslvjk.jpg photo 20150225_112359_zpsrvc2qisx.jpg photo 20150225_112423_zpsd669ns05.jpg

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
      β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
      ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
      ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
      β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
      β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
      β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Natasha
      Participant

Courage is gorgeous, Natasha!! Love his little dimple marks on his cheeks! xD

I apologize for the poor quality of these photos, it was very bright out today, but I just couldn’t wait to take pictures of them!! I’ll get better photos soon πŸ™‚

Traded these lovelies..

photo 20150212_143853_zpse580a3a6.jpg

For these πŸ™‚

photo 20150225_112444_zps6qiae2w5.jpg

My two new wolves together

photo 20150225_112234_zpsbxl2xddo.jpg photo 20150225_112314_zpsvz1ggwvh.jpg photo 20150225_112340_zpsdsfslvjk.jpg photo 20150225_112359_zpsrvc2qisx.jpg photo 20150225_112423_zpsd669ns05.jpg

They look gorgeous together and you are always such a joy to trade with!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Erika
        Participant

photo image_zpsyd0vrav1.jpg
          Here’s mine! Not what I was looking for but he’s very handsome! I’m very happy with him but might consider trading for the perfect something.

Kim
          Blocked

I was expecting more wolves to show up as I haven’t seen any of my favourites posted yet. I wonder where they all went? Would anyone happen to have a light red/blonde wolf with blue eyes or like a palomino coloured wolf from this batch or the last batch of wolves they may want to trade or sell? I would trade either of my wolves for one like that or buy it if it’s not too much. I also love that flame point Siamese wolf as it looks like a kitty I used to have named Pumpkin. If anyone got that one and it’s not your favourite, please let me know.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
            Participant

I was expecting more wolves to show up as I haven’t seen any of my favourites posted yet. I wonder where they all went? Would anyone happen to have a light red/blonde wolf with blue eyes or like a palomino coloured wolf from this batch or the last batch of wolves they may want to trade or sell? I would trade either of my wolves for one like that or buy it if it’s not too much. I also love that flame point Siamese wolf as it looks like a kitty I used to have named Pumpkin. If anyone got that one and it’s not your favourite, please let me know.

Some people choose not to post photos of their Grab Bag pieces, especially if they don’t want to deal with trade offers. I hope we don’t get to the point where the only people posting photos are those willing to trade, but we could.

jmoore
              Participant

That would be a shame if that happens. I love seeing pictures of them all. The class photos at great, but it’s nice to be able to see individual pictures.

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

It would be a shame if people don’t post because they don’t want to be bothered, I miss the days where the show off threads were booming with pages upon pages of pictures! They’re so fun to look through, I think πŸ™‚

This is a new wolf to the thread πŸ™‚ He just came in yesterday (a few days late! lil snot! haha) from a trade πŸ™‚ and I am head over heels in love! I was originally going to wait for my second wolf to arrive before posting but I’m too excited about this guy, hehe πŸ™‚ It’s a snowy day, so he decided to continue to hang out with the foxies for his photo shoot, hehe

and with my Odd Ball fox πŸ™‚ (and a couple matching fennecs chillin on their book in the background! hehe)

Bullsquid
                  Participant

Ooh, Kaytana, I love your new wolf. It looks great with the other matching pebbles.

Regarding people not posting their wolves, I think it’s sad if they are not posting simply to avoid trade requests. I’ve never had any problems with simply saying, “I am not interesting in trading” in a post.

Hannah
                    Participant

I’ve never had any problems with simply saying, “I am not interesting in trading” in a post.

Same here. If people are harassed about things, there are mods that can help take care of that – however, it has never happened to me on this forum, and I’ve been around for almost every single grab bag batch.

Still, we can’t discount the fact that there are likely people who purchase grab bags that are not on the forums, or do not have cameras, or don’t think their pictures are suitable to post, or can’t figure out HOW to post them (since the forums operate on HTML, which is relatively complicated for new users), etc. I think not posting because people don’t want to have to deal with trade requests is (hopefully, at least) in the minority of the reasons.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
                      Participant

I’ve never had any problems with simply saying, “I am not interesting in trading” in a post.

Same here. If people are harassed about things, there are mods that can help take care of that – however, it has never happened to me on this forum, and I’ve been around for almost every single grab bag batch.

Still, we can’t discount the fact that there are likely people who purchase grab bags that are not on the forums, or do not have cameras, or don’t think their pictures are suitable to post, or can’t figure out HOW to post them (since the forums operate on HTML, which is relatively complicated for new users), etc. I think not posting because people don’t want to have to deal with trade requests is (hopefully, at least) in the minority of the reasons.

I agree that those all are issues, and maybe people who bought Poads and/or unicorns don’t buy pebbles so fewer people are able to post photos. If I remember correctly, however, very few of the “got to have it” pieces that people want have showed up here.

I believe in the community benefits of sharing GB photos, and people do respect “I’m keeping this piece”, but all the same – IF I had gotten a wolf (which I didn’t), and IF he was one of the really popular pieces, and IF I had wanted to keep him, I would have thought twice about posting photos. Maybe that’s just me, though.

Landipan
                        Participant

I can understand if people don’t want to post pics of their GB to avoid people begging for a trade/sell. I’ve had people BEG for a trade in past even after I said no, and it’s an uncomfortable experience just because I hate to make people upset with me when I say no. Though it makes me sad to miss seeing pictures of a GB that I loved and wanted to see closer pictures of, I can understand the desire to avoid unwanted trade offers.

*Formerly meowmix101
                          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

Ooh, Kaytana, I love your new wolf. It looks great with the other matching pebbles.

Regarding people not posting their wolves, I think it’s sad if they are not posting simply to avoid trade requests. I’ve never had any problems with simply saying, “I am not interesting in trading” in a post.

Thank you! I was super happy to have a chance to get him! I fell in love with him when I saw photos πŸ™‚ and I’m really happy with how well he matches into the collection, when the weather is better (at least sunnier) I’ll get a nice glamor shot of them all together πŸ™‚

I have held back posting photos right away if I was worried someone was going to try to leverage a piece from me while I worked on trading a different one, I sadly did have a trade negotiation blow up in my face once because someone was very unhappy that I wasn’t parting with a piece I had no desire to part with (It was one I worked very hard to get, I still have that piece, I love it!) but once I’m done with trading, I love showing everyone my collection and what I get πŸ™‚ I don’t know many people in person who appreciate my collection, so it’s fun to discuss and show off, and see everyone elses.. and though I sometimes do inquire about a piece I’ve seen in a show off thread, I make sure they understand there is no pressure at all, I just figure it doesn’t hurt to ask, cause you never know, what I have to offer they may love moreso than the piece they have, but if they love their piece and don’t want to trade, I will leave it alone πŸ™‚

I do know a lot of people don’t post because they don’t know how to, I know a couple people here post for other people (I don’t mind doing so for anyone)… some people just don’t have the desire to share (Which is ok by me, it’s their right to do what they wish, and if they want to silently collect just for themselves, then good on them) and who knows how many pieces go to non-posting members… I would just feel bad if the decline in posts is from pushy/snotty people, there is a level of respect that goes into all of this, I think it’s ok to ask, but it’s just that, asking.. and if they say no, respect that…

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

I love looking at all the pictures, I save all the pics of the ones I like, I know I’ll probably never have some of my favorites but I can stare at the pretty pictures all I want….

I’ve never been one to not post pictures either, if someone asks, I can always say no and besides they might offer me something I wanted more for mine…I understand some people get harassed but there’s always the ignore button for oh say a week for someone to get the hint if the person doesn’t stop….

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                              Participant

Everybody has good points. I should make clear that I never have had a bad trading experience. Nor do I mind people occasionally asking about pieces I have, though the answer usually is “No”, or “Not now”.

However, posting photos of a popular piece still feels like asking for trouble (not that I’m ever likely to grab a highly-desired creature and find out).

Matryoshka
                                Participant

After a super long wait mine finally arrived. I haven’t had the time to take photos yet but he’s the grey one at the front of this photo

Although the grey ones we’rent on my initial want list, I really love him! he looks amazing in person, I am very happy with my grab πŸ™‚ his eyes are a really nice matching gold colour. Shall take some photos soon as I can.

As for the posting photos/trading issue. If it’s not for trade, just say so. I’d be surprised if people still PM trade offers when you clearly say the piece is not for trade.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 316 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.