fbpx

Garden Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Garden Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Copper83
    Participant

Hi Melody,

Have you had a chance to do anything with the garden dragon sculpt? Is she still going to be a production piece? This is one that I’m really looking forward to.

Copper83
      Participant

laphon1
        Participant

So am I!

squeek* for Garden Dragon!

yolanda
          Participant

ME TOO ! ๐Ÿ˜€

Tally Mark
            Participant

Oh, I would really love to know about this one too. I’m trying this year to find an apartment with some sort of yard! A dragon would be just perfect for it.

Melody
              Keymaster

copper83 wrote:

Hi Melody,

Have you had a chance to do anything with the garden dragon sculpt? Is she still going to be a production piece? This is one that I’m really looking forward to.No , I haven’t done anything! I haven’t even found the sculpture yet! I am thinking about his dragon, but I am leaning towards doing her in gypsum rather than cement, and painting her. But she is big!

Syn
                Participant

I have both garden dragons, and I have them outside. I enjoy looking at them through my kitchen window. They have been through a couple of Michigan winters now and are doing fine. I know many people keep them inside, but If they are changed to gypsum I hope they will still hold up as well for outdoor use.

laphon1
                  Participant

syn789 wrote:

I have both garden dragons, and I have them outside. I enjoy looking at them through my kitchen window. They have been through a couple of Michigan winters now and are doing fine. I know many people keep them inside, but If they are changed to gypsum I hope they will still hold up as well for outdoor use.

My Rock Dragons are outside, too. On my back deck.

But gypsum dragons are not outdoors friendly.

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

No, they’re not. PaperCut had a Roaring Sentinel Gargoyle that was placed outside by accident and the results were terrible.

siberakh1
                      Participant

Gypsum doesn’t hold up well outdoors. My dad actually just added gypsum to our garden for the trace minerals (hmmm… tomato plants!). This of course brought up the conversation that windstones are made of gypsum, and all the jokes of burying a fledgling upside down as good luck for a healthy garden, or the growing of ‘windstone plants’, or the thought of ‘snapdragons’. Needless to say, I’m not donating a dragon from my shelf for the garden (we have very old sheet rock that we were disposing of that worked quite nicely). ๐Ÿ˜€

Wouldn’t that be neat though? A plant that grows windstones? Little fledgies growing on vines, like tomatoes, that you pick when ripe! 8)

Melody
                        Keymaster

syn789 wrote:

You are the only person I have heard from that actually keep the garden dragons outside! One of the reasons I am thinking about making the “so called “garden dragon” out of gypsum is that it seemed a waste of energy to make them out of cement, since every one I’ve talked to just keeps them inside anyway!
                          No, don’t put gypsum stuff outside unless you like the “weathered” look! It isn’t water that hurts them so much as acid conditions.Garden soil and and rain are usually acid. Weed wackers don’t help any, either.

Melody
                          Keymaster

siberakh1 wrote:

Gypsum doesn’t hold up well outdoors. My dad actually just added gypsum to our garden for the trace minerals (hmmm… tomato plants!). This of course brought up the conversation that windstones are made of gypsum, and all the jokes of burying a fledgling upside down as good luck for a healthy garden, or the growing of ‘windstone plants’, or the thought of ‘snapdragons’. Needless to say, I’m not donating a dragon from my shelf for the garden (we have very old sheet rock that we were disposing of that worked quite nicely). ๐Ÿ˜€

Wouldn’t that be neat though? A plant that grows windstones? Little fledgies growing on vines, like tomatoes, that you pick when ripe! 8) or a windstone that grows plants.. I had a squirrel sculpture that was gypsum fortified with fertilizer! You stick it near a lucky plant and it slowly dissolves, giving the plant nutrients. It would be cool to have one with flower seeds in it too!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Melody wrote:

copper83 wrote:

Hi Melody,

Have you had a chance to do anything with the garden dragon sculpt? Is she still going to be a production piece? This is one that I’m really looking forward to.No , I haven’t done anything! I haven’t even found the sculpture yet! I am thinking about his dragon, but I am leaning towards doing her in gypsum rather than cement, and painting her. But she is big!

He can’t be much bigger then the Secret Keeper right?

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nicole
                              Participant

I think I might like the “garden dragon” more as an indoor dragon anyways, especially if it means she gets to be painted up in the indoor dragon colors. I am also curious as to how big she is.

Syn
                                Participant

Melody wrote:

syn789 wrote:

You are the only person I have heard from that actually keep the garden dragons outside! One of the reasons I am thinking about making the “so called “garden dragon” out of gypsum is that it seemed a waste of energy to make them out of cement, since every one I’ve talked to just keeps them inside anyway!
                                  No, don’t put gypsum stuff outside unless you like the “weathered” look! It isn’t water that hurts them so much as acid conditions.Garden soil and and rain are usually acid. Weed wackers don’t help any, either.

Mine were actually completely buried under the snow this past winter. It was one of our snowier winters, and I didn’t see them for weeks. I have been vaguely thinking about getting another of the big rock dragons; they are much easier to see from a distance because of their size. Mine are in an “island” in my back yard surrounded by yuccas and some flowers. No worries about weed whackers. If they are going to be made from gypsum and be unsuitable for outdoor use, I will probably be on the watch for a “backup” though. Just in case! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.