fbpx

Fraudulant winning bids on Ebay

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Fraudulant winning bids on Ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Quote:

I’m not sure I’m doing this right.

It’s a start. The button I used to contain your quote looks like this: Push that and then it will have the user’s name already built into the quote.

Setsunawolf
      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

Quote:

I’m not sure I’m doing this right.

It’s a start. The button I used to contain your quote looks like this: Push that and then it will have the user’s name already built into the quote.

Like this?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
        Participant

YEAH!!!!! I got it. Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Ahh, I didn’t see that one. But then are you sure the “i***l (0)” is you? When bidding reaches $200 on eBay they disguise the name to help prevent fake second chance offers. It could be someone else with 0 feedback.

And to do the box thing if you look in the right corner of replies on the forum there is a button that says “Quote”. Find the reply you want to quote, hit the button and then type your reply outside the tag. The other way to quote is to copy the text and then hit the quote button in between the one to underline text and to code text.

Yes, I’m sure it was my account. I can look at the bid histories and i***l (0) doesn’t appear for me, my account name does. Also I was the only one with such low feedback on all those auctions.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Laurie
            Participant

There have always been auctions on ebay where the seller denies anyone with zero or negative feedback from bidding on auctions. I don’t see anything wrong with it and if someone as a seller has had multiple issues with non paying bidders that just happen to have new accounts its their right to deny such bids. I don’t see windstone ever doing that but I also don’t see a problem if they ever did. In the end they are the ones losing money when auctions they list are constantly pulled and they have to relist them. Every auction I’ve ever seen where the seller denies zero feedback from bidding they also ask that if you do have zero feedback to contact them before bidding. That way they know you are real and not a hacked account run by a computer or something similar. Also I have no clue who bids on what since ebay blocks the users name. I think you guys are getting way too difensive over this whole topic. People have posted “hey I think this may be one of those hacked accounts”, once you come in here and say “hey don’t worry I’m a real bidder” I don’t see a reason to keep dragging it thru the mud or to get as defensive as some people have gotten on here.

Bob

To Quote Rodney King “Can’t we all just get along?”

Setsunawolf
                Participant

I’m sure we can all get along DM. We just have to respect other people’s feelings. Since NOT blocking low feedback bidders is Windstone’s policy, things like this hacker will happen, but forum members should be aware that their actions could negatively impact Windstone by accidentally offending other people. Nobody wants that.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bob

setsunawolf wrote:

I’m sure we can all get along DM. We just have to respect other people’s feelings. Since NOT blocking low feedback bidders is Windstone’s policy, things like this hacker will happen, but forum members should be aware that their actions could negatively impact Windstone by accidentally offending other people. Nobody wants that.

exactly what I have been talking about for some time. We NEVER know who is real so we should stop and find out first before making comments like shipping body parts places

lamortefille
                    Participant

Plenty of people have apologized, so hopefully newfie07 will stop back and read those posts, too. It would be a shame to be judged as a group by someone reading just one thread out of hundreds. Hopefully newfie07 will realize the comments weren’t directed at them personally….they were directed at a hacker. If the hacker follows the Forum to see what affect his mischief is having, he must be very pleased with the results. ๐Ÿ˜ก

mimitrek has a wonderful quote in her signature: We can’t control how people act, but we can choose how we react to them.

It’s newfie07’s choice to stay mad/offended or to laugh it off and join in the mayhem.

I appreciate all the replies to my original post and I’m not really all that offended. But for those that said they could not understand why someone might be, try reading the posts again from he beginning of the thread as if it was your first time to the forum site and you might see why someone new could get the wrong idea. The last line of the post was really meant to be sarcastic. I guess sarcasm just doesn’t really come across well in writing, but I thought I’d give it a shot.:roll: Anyway, I don’t want to belabor the issue or be the cause any more ill feelings especially since the Wineberry SK just arrived tonight and she is absolutely STUNNING!!!! You will have to forgive me, I’ve never posted on a forum site before, so as soon as I find out how to post pics, I will. The Silver should arrive some time next week and I can’t wait. I appreciate the offers to trade, but I think I’m going to be keeping these two. And yes, my wife is pretty awesome… so I think I’ll keep her too! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

well first to post pics I know you need at least 5 posts. That is all I can tell you about posting pics since I do not know how to do it myself but PLENTY of others here can help
                        Glad you decided to stay!!

Laurie
                        Participant

If you want to post pics you have to host them somewhere like image shack. Then you get the url address for where they are located. When you type in a post you will see the little buttons above font colour and font size. click on the Img button, copy and paste the url address for where you hosted the picture then hit the Img button one more time. I don’t know if what I typed made any sense lol.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

I’m glad you’re staying! YAY! Will definately LOVE seeing pics of your collection!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

i yay! I too am happy you decided to stay at the forum! welcome and congrats!

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

newfie07 wrote:

I appreciate all the replies to my original post and I’m not really all that offended. But for those that said they could not understand why someone might be, try reading the posts again from he beginning of the thread as if it was your first time to the forum site and you might see why someone new could get the wrong idea. The last line of the post was really meant to be sarcastic. I guess sarcasm just doesn’t really come across well in writing, but I thought I’d give it a shot.:roll: Anyway, I don’t want to belabor the issue or be the cause any more ill feelings especially since the Wineberry SK just arrived tonight and she is absolutely STUNNING!!!! You will have to forgive me, I’ve never posted on a forum site before, so as soon as I find out how to post pics, I will. The Silver should arrive some time next week and I can’t wait. I appreciate the offers to trade, but I think I’m going to be keeping these two. And yes, my wife is pretty awesome… so I think I’ll keep her too! ๐Ÿ˜€

That’s really cool! I’m so glad you like them. What part of Pennsy do you hail from?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.