fbpx

Fraudulant winning bids on Ebay

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Fraudulant winning bids on Ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

all I can say is ugh…what a mess…

but if this person is real…the boy do they want some big dragons…LOL

Maria
      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Tyrrlin wrote:

keschete wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Indeed, some of the highest legitimate auction endings have gone to new collectors, or non-forum users (someone new swooping in to bid). Restricting bidders could seriously hurt Windstone’s income from eBay auctions. 🙁

I agree! We don’t want bidders like Rumsey.2007 who is fairly new, and seems to have legit funds to not be able to bid. That bidder has had enormous legit bids and that is good for Windstone and good for collectors.

I think the way Melody and staff are handling this is perfect. Let the next highest bidder have a crack at the piece.

My problem with the Silver SK, was that I was #3 and the #2 bidder was trying to win the bid over #1. So I didn’t want to get stuck with a much inflated price if #2 and me #3 all got in a war with possibly bogus #1.

Exactly my point. Not that I want Windstone to go broke or anything, but if fraudulent bidders get into a war, it could cause the rest of us to pay artificially inflated prices.

Geez, I sound like a real witch, don’t I? 😛

Well, let’s hope that the “bad guy” doesn’t get smart and just start pumping up the bidding a bit at a time and “letting” somebody else win. You’ll never know if you’re paying “inflated” prices or not.

I doubt they’d want to do that, because then they’d be doing Windstone a favor, which is probably not their objective.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Wolfen-
          I think the bidder you noticed driving the prices up on those actions with no feed back was me. I was willing to pay almost $750 for the Blue Sunburst griffin, I bid on the barred wing female #3, I also bid on the Blue Sun dragon. That’s the piece I really wanted, but I didn’t get. I don’t mind paying top dollar for something I want. I’m not responsible for all the high bids, but if someone outbids me they shouldn’t complain that it was too expensive, they should have just let me win. I don’t ebay a lot becuase I never win, you can’t get feedback unless you win, so it’s not fair to assume just because someone doesn’t have any feedback they aren’t serious.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

keschete
          Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Wolfen-
            I think the bidder you noticed driving the prices up on those actions with no feed back was me. I was willing to pay almost $750 for the Blue Sunburst griffin, I bid on the barred wing female #3, I also bid on the Blue Sun dragon. That’s the piece I really wanted, but I didn’t get. I don’t mind paying top dollar for something I want. I’m not responsible for all the high bids, but if someone outbids me they shouldn’t complain that it was too expensive, they should have just let me win. I don’t ebay a lot becuase I never win, you can’t get feedback unless you win, so it’s not fair to assume just because someone doesn’t have any feedback they aren’t serious.

I don’t think anyone is accusing you of anything. All of us have done what you did, when we want a certain piece.

We are talking about people who are hacking into other people’s accounts and making bogus bids.

Windstone and this forum needs people like you who have the funds and want to purchase special pieces. It helps Windstone and it helps keep the value of Windstone pieces from depreciating.

Most of us understand that sometimes pieces go for more than we want to pay. The big concern is making sure someone isn’t artificially raising bids just to be spiteful.

I hope you get a special piece! I am sure there is a lot more special stuff coming before the Windstone move!!! I am sure you will be able to snag a Griffin if you really want one 🙂

Purplecat
            Participant

Yeah, when people bid and then dont pay, causing the piece to have to be relisted or sold as a second chance offer is when it’s really upsetting. I dont care how someone bids if they are willing to pay for the item once they win. 😀

Setsunawolf
              Participant

I can understand your frustration about the person messing with the auctions. I was just reading these posts about auctions I bid in and other comments about not letting people without lots of feedback participate and it bothered me. It turned out the person bidding on the SKs was real and it’s not fair to assume that someone isn’t a real person or they won’t pay just becuase you don’t recognize the name or they don’t have a lot of feedback. You all have been very nice to me, but imagine how you would feel if you actually won an auction but everyone assumed you weren’t real so you didn’t get the piece.
                People beside forum members read these posts and see what people say. You might not mean to offend someone or drive them away but some of it could be taken that way. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt until they show their true colors. Excluding newbies only hurts Windstone, they have the auction records and are doing everything they can to remedy any injustice from this fraudulent bidder.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kujacker
                Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

You all have been very nice to me, but imagine how you would feel if you actually won an auction but everyone assumed you weren’t real so you didn’t get the piece.

Sorry but uh… just because the people here don’t recognize an ebay user name, doesn’t mean that means they arn’t real. And really, the Windstone staff don’t read everyone’s posts and think “Wow, the forum members don’t recognize the user name. We need to drop it and relist the item asap”. 😐

Laurie
                  Participant

What does us not recognizing an ebay users name have to do with windstone selling them a piece or not? There was a rash of ebay accounts bidding on windstone pieces then ebay was pulling the auction at close. Windstone had nothing to do with that.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I’m just a little sensitive. Someone posted my ebay account and actions I participated in and then suggested Windstone might want to keep people without any or a lot of feedback from participating. All I wanted to point out was that nonforum members do read these posts. I was really upset that someone had assumed I wasn’t real.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

frozendragon
                      Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

I’m just a little sensitive. Someone posted my ebay account and actions I participated in and then suggested Windstone might want to keep people without any or a lot of feedback from participating. All I wanted to point out was that nonforum members do read these posts. I was really upset that someone had assumed I wasn’t real.

well we all shared our ebay Id’s here a long time ago….usually when we see a new person…we post the Id and ask who knows them…

we like to encourage more people to come here, and usually that’s all we have to go by….

and with all the hacking on ebay going on….I think a lot of people here have become sensitive too…

now it’s hard to tell who is real on there and who is not….

so it’s not like they were trying to say anything bad…it’s more like just trying to find out who is who and make sure everyone is real….

people make mistakes….it’s not like they were trying to offend anyone….

purpledoggy wrote:

What does us not recognizing an ebay users name have to do with windstone selling them a piece or not?

We’d been talking of ways to perhaps limit bidding to disallow fake bids. One way was to only allow known bidders.

Melody
                        Keymaster

setsunawolf wrote:

This is exactly why we don’t want to have restricted bidding!
                          I was very suspicious of the latest winning bids on the Silver and Wineberry SK. because the winner’s characteristics fit the pattern of the hacked-into account’s ; high final bids and very little feedback on a account that hasn’t been used in a long time. They turned out to be real!If we had restricted bidding, that bidder might not of been able to bid. My apologies to that bidder for my having doubts!
                          Karen makes a good effort to contact every winning bidder. It is only after getting no response from them for many days (and not recognizing them, and noticing that their ebay account has been inactive for many years previous to this bid) that we finally decide that the account identity was probably stolen, and the bid was phony. We don’t automatically disregard any bidder because we don’t recognize them!

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

I understand what you are trying to say here setsunawolf. I know if it had been me bidding and i was not a forum member, because of my personality, I would have felt realy bad myself and maybe not have joined the forum.(if I had been in such a positions of bidding on something really expensive before joining the forum)

All though there will allways be something we end up discussing that involves other people and what we see, and assumptions made based on what we see, it is a good reminder for us to be aware of how we word things.

(compared to other forums, this forumn here and it’s members by far are the most considerate when it comes to discussing other people 🙂 )

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Very elegantly put KoishiiKitty.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
                              Participant

Don’t hold it against us, setsuna….we really are a friendly and supportive group.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.