fbpx

Found unique Griffin!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Found unique Griffin!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    Participant

I was out shopping today and went to my one of only two shops that carry Windstone and found a beautiful mother Griffin. She was marked as a silver wolf and yes she has the periwinkle eyes and violet gems but she is actually a Siamese mother! Has anyone else seen this?
      I bought her and will take pics. I have to say I love her. The eyed and gems match wonderfully with the color in her wings. πŸ™‚

Cassandra
      Participant

The same thing happened to me when I bought a Siamese Mother Griffin from the Windstone store. It was such a surprise when I got her cause she had periwinkle eyes and violet gems instead of the metalic medium blue eyes and light blue gems like the Siamese griffins are supposed to have. But The box that she came in was marked as a Siamese mother griffin. I guess there was some confusion with the wolf and Siamese griffins? But I don’t mind as I really love how those colored eyes and gems look on her. Its a bit hard to see the difference in eye color with the Chick in the photo but in person its very noticeable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Kathleen
        Participant

YES that’s her! πŸ™‚
          It is very noticeable in person and looks wonderful.
          Thank you for posting the picture. πŸ™‚
          I was surprised to see a Siamese Griffin at a brick and mortor store as they are limited edition but now I understand why if there was a mixup with the wolf color.

Melody
          Keymaster

Oops…looks like somebody mixed up the “Siamese” griffins with the “Wolf” griffins at our end…
            Well, I am glad you guys are ok with our mistakes! Your griffins are special.
            They do look really nice!

Cassandra
            Participant

You’re welcome JellyFish πŸ™‚
              And thank you Melody. I am very happy with my unique Mother Griffin πŸ˜€

cool, does that make them worth more since there is only a very small handful like that known to exist then? (currently at two..)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Melody
              Keymaster

cool, does that make them worth more since there is only a very small handful like that known to exist then? (currently at two..)

We probably made and boxed a batch of them like that. Usually the females are done in batches of 25-30.

Susie
                Keymaster

Wellll… We are totally out of the Mother Griffin in Silver Wolf – so if any Siamese ones were given periwinkle eyes and jewels and labeled Silver Wolf, they have all left the building. I just checked the remaining Mother Griffins marked “Siamese” and all have the medium blue eyes and aquamarine jewels. I believe that we did not mix up a large number of them, but that the Stragglers that came into the finishing department in the Siamese color may have been mistaken for Silver Wolf and thus given the Silver Wolf accessories.

Melody
                  Keymaster

It will be interesting to see if any others turn up!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.