fbpx

Found a store Up date 8/26/10 store closing

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Found a store Up date 8/26/10 store closing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Pixie-dust
    Participant

Hello all! :hi:
      I found a store ” Carnival of Crafts ” in Downers Grove IL . (630) 241-1440
      I made friends with the older gentleman who owns the shop. His name is Barry and he is very nice. He held pieces for me until I was able to pay for them and everything that I purchased from him was in perfect condition. Even the pieces that
      had tags, the tags were not damaged at all. The only thing is that he did not keep the majority
      of the boxes. Only 1-2 of the items did he keep the boxes for.
      He mailed me a complete list of his inventory so I wanted to share it with the forum.
      He does ship and I have been 100% happy with my purchases.
      Here is the list…..

Cat. #

950 Dragon Gargoyle $69.95
      958 Mother Griffen Gargoyle $99.95
      301 Baby Triceratops Dinosaur $79.95
      520-P Emperor dragon peacock $ not sure of his price?
      520-RU Emperor dragon Ruby $ not sure of his price?
      959 Happy cat gargoyle $49.95
      967 small winged spirit wolf $39.95
      821 male Pegasus $89.95 – SOLD
      602 small white wizard $89.95
      403-P peacock wizard mouse $59.95
      403-E emerald wizard mouse $59.95 SOLD
      401 Frog wizard $49.95
      402 Frog prince $49.95
      606 Sea Jewel ( mermaid ) $89.95
      605-E emerald Wind Wizard ( does have box and cert ) $149.95
      3002 Lion sconce $99.95
      3007 Sea Fire Mermaid sconce $169.95
      1005-L Owl bookend $69.95
      1005-R Owl bookend $69.95
      1003-L Egg with eyes bookend $79.95
      1003-R Egg with claws bookend $79.95
      2003-I Ivory Inner Lite dragon candlelamp $69.95
      2007 Owl candlelamp $39.95
      2023 Fletcher candlelamp $49.95
      2024 Dexter candlelamp $49.95
      2021 Bear Back candlelamp $59.95
      2014 Sitting Cat candlelamp $54.95
      2019 Trio of cats candlelamp $79.95
      2006 Good cat candlelamp $69.95
      2005 Bad cat candlelamp ( he does have 1 box/ 2? in stock ) $69.95
      3009 Leaf cat sconce $64.95

Well, I think thats it.

I hope this helps you with pieces you are looking for.

Take care all, and happy 4th of July!

Please read my updated message below

Pixie-dust
      Participant

Pixie-dust
        Participant

Sorry, I forgot to put the phone number so I edited it. 😈
          Thanks
          :bye:

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Arg! πŸ˜₯ What I wouldn’t give to have extra monies on hand to be able to get the emerald mouse wizard.

PhoenixTears
            Participant

There is one item on that list I’d love to get but something tells me by the time I call him next week, he will have sold it. I’ll try but I’m sure if it’s not gone already, it will be by then. Good luck to all… and I hope Barry doesn’t have a heart flutter with all the orders he’ll be dealing with! Boy Pixie, are you gonna be his favourite customer! Ever! πŸ˜€

Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July! *did the hint of yellow for our troops in case people are looking and going, “what the heck was she thinking?”*

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Syn
              Participant

That was very nice of you to post that long list, Pixie-dust. πŸ™‚ I have ordered from Carnival of Crafts many times over the years and was always happy πŸ˜€ except for them not having the boxes. πŸ™
                They were great to deal with and had some really good prices on retired pieces I had been chasing. πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Wow, there are a lot of good pieces on that list! Thanks so much for posting it ^_^ Ive got all the retired pieces I want for now (although that baby Triceratops……) Its good to know there’s still stores with hidden treasures

Pixie-dust
                  Participant

I talked to Barry today and sadly he informed me that he will be closing his
                    shop the end of September. πŸ˜₯ He said that business has not been good and that he will be having to find a part time job doing something else. HIs wife will be putting the items on Ebay as ” buy it now “
                    for the prices that are listed in this post. The only thing that he has sold so far is the male Pegasus so
                    there is still a lot available. He would REALLY appreciate any business he can get before the doors
                    close for good.
                    Thank you

siberakh1
                    Participant

oh, if only I could win the lottery right about now… there are several pieces I would like, but can’t… πŸ˜₯

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

I wish I could make an offer on a few of the items listed. Between the trip and Beast’s boarding fees while we were gone, my ‘extra’ spending money is nil until the end of September – at best πŸ™ .

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

You can mark the emerald mouse wizard off as being sold. When I saw your update yesterday I decided to go ahead and get the little bugger. That’s one more thing off my “wish list”.

Pixie-dust
                          Participant

Congratulations! I knew that you had REALLY wanted it from our conversations
                            when I first put this post up. He does have very good prices on a lot of his pieces. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Thanks! I’ve been wanting one for a while and they always seem to come up when I’m not paying complete attention to ebay. I honestly expected it to be gone, but was pleasantly surprised. Too bad he didn’t have some of the other pieces I’ve been looking for. And Barry seems like such a nice guy too. Such a shame that the store will be closing.

Pegasi1978
                              Participant

The emerald mouse wizard arrived today and he’s in perfect condition and was packed well. πŸ˜€

Pixie-dust
                                Participant

I am very happy that you decided to go ahead and get it. πŸ˜€ I have been
                                  very happy with all the purchases I have made. To bad he didn’t have a white wizard mouse too
                                  because I know a lot of people are looking for those.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.