fbpx

flion??

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody flion??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello again one more question??,

As you have brought back a family and many color variations for the Gryphons would you consider a Flion family and new paint job as well!!. I have been trying to get my hands on the original for a few years now but alas Im usually outbid last minute or the statues are damaged!!!.

Welcome to the forum. I believe that she is planning on working on a new flion, but the mold is warped from the old one. Some one can correct me if I am wrong.

squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeel!!!!

so exciting!!!!!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

The word on the street is that we will see a Flion again in the future! 😉

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Melody
      Keymaster

pixiekissed wrote:

Hello again one more question??,

As you have brought back a family and many color variations for the Gryphons would you consider a Flion family and new paint job as well!!. I have been trying to get my hands on the original for a few years now but alas Im usually outbid last minute or the statues are damaged!!!.
        I am re-sculpting the Flion. I was going to just fix the original one, to correct the accumulated distortions that happened to the sculpt while I wasn’t paying attention.
        It needed so much work, (almost the whole thing needed re-sculpting) that I decided to turn the head the other way while I was at it, so it can be a new Flion facing the other way. Maybe I can make a family for them too, someday.
        I have another new Flion sculpture I’ve been poking at, but it is larger, so it isn’t part of the same family.

Barbara
        Participant

Yeah!!

Is it really that hard to resculpt a warped mold? I mean, you don’t have to work from the warped version, can’t you just take an existing flion prototype from one of the earlier molds and make a mold from that?

I’m no expert, but I thought you could just take an existing model and create a plaster casting from it.

Tell me if I am a total moron, cause you know, you’re the experts not me.

Melody
          Keymaster

Quote:

innerstillness wrote:

Is it really that hard to resculpt a warped mold? I mean, you don’t have to work from the warped version, can’t you just take an existing flion prototype from one of the earlier molds and make a mold from that?

Yes, if we could find one. You don’t know us. We can never find anything.

Quote:

I’m no expert, but I thought you could just take an existing model and create a plaster casting from it.

That is what I did. I fixed a plaster casting of the original.

Quote:

Tell me if I am a total moron,

You are not a total moron. You are right on.

Arlla
            Participant

Sweeeet!!! ^_^ I love opposing sculpts. I wish there were more.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
              Participant

Are you gonna change the mane to the one similar in the gallery, (With the crown) or is it gonna be the same?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.