fbpx

FIVE MINUTES!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone FIVE MINUTES!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

Augh! I was watching a Flion. It was so cheap! I SO wanted it! And then I got distracted doing Christmas presents, and when I was done, I looked back and it had ended less then five minutes before! For just $86, and I’d actually managed to scrape up $150 for it! It would have been mine, but I missed it by FIVE FRICKING MINUTES!

*whimpers*

And by the time another one comes up that’s that cheap, I probably won’t have the money any more. Gah. I am SO pissed off at myself for letting myself get distracted like that.

Meh. I don’t suppose anybody has a less than mint Flion they’d sell for $150?

SPark
      Participant

I do. It has a chunk glued back into it’s wing, it’s not a great glue in but with some work it could look great. When I got it the jewels were all knocked out so I replaced them and also retouched the gold. Aside from the wing and the tiniest, barely noticable scuff on the top of the head, he’s beautiful. I was going to ask Melody if she would retouch it and make the mane black for me! But I could sell him to you for that much (that price would include shipping straight from the windstone factory, so really nice packing!) He is also an earlier version with richer color and his face isn’t bloated out like the last flions.

Anyway, I can take photos of his flaws if you like!

dragonmedley
        Participant

I also have one. I PMed you about it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

SPark
          Participant

Great, now I have to decide….

Hrm, that sounds bad. Thank you both so VERY much for the offers! Having to decide is a MUCH better situation than being all sad and Flion-less! (Heck, it’s a bit tempting to just say yes to you both and have a pair….)

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

LOL SPark! I was watching that too! I couldn;t believe it was still around 40 dollars today! Then when it jumoed to 75 in the last hour (still a great deal) I had to pass it up. Awww! I wish I knew I would have got it for you!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Arlla
              Participant

I am ashamed to say that I’ve done this exact same thing multiple times…missing out on auctions because I forgot about them at the crucial moment. I’ve kicked myself a lot!! ^_^ So don’t feel so bad, Spark, you’re not the only one!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                -J R R Tolkien

Hey SPark! I got that Flion. He looks like he has been in a few fights, and he smells terrible! 😑 He has flea bites everywhere, and more chips than were mentioned in the auction. I would say you can stop kicking yourself now, you got the better deal here. Anyway, I hope you get a nice mint one that smells better than mine! Have a blessed Holiday.

SPark
                Participant

Well, I didn’t get a mint one, but I got one with a chunk out of his wing that had been glued back in, from vantid. And she got Melody to sign it for me, which was awesome!

And… er… I’m getting dragonmedly’s one too, so I’ll have a pair! I think lions look great in pairs, like the lions in front of big old public buildings and things.

frozendragon
                  Participant

SPark wrote:

Well, I didn’t get a mint one, but I got one with a chunk out of his wing that had been glued back in, from vantid. And she got Melody to sign it for me, which was awesome!

And… er… I’m getting dragonmedly’s one too, so I’ll have a pair! I think lions look great in pairs, like the lions in front of big old public buildings and things.

yeah another flion facing the other way would be cool….like the female one in Melody’s gallery….

that would be and awesome pair….(I don’t use the word awesome very often so that means something)

Starbreeze
                    Participant

The female flion would be awesome…and don’t say it…I know I use ‘awesome’ way too much… πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I have had the regular lying down lion for a while now, so I was hoping to get a flion so he could have a friend. Maybe if I let him air out for a while he will smell better. πŸ˜›

Anybody have older pieces without the felt bottom? The only one I have is the lion, and I keep him on a furry piece of rabbir hair to protect his underside. I am curious as to how many older pieces are owned by forum members. Has this question been on other threads I haven’t read yet? Please let me know. Thanks!

Skigod377
                      Participant

Goldragon2! wrote:

I have had the regular lying down lion for a while now, so I was hoping to get a flion so he could have a friend. Maybe if I let him air out for a while he will smell better. πŸ˜›

Anybody have older pieces without the felt bottom? The only one I have is the lion, and I keep him on a furry piece of rabbir hair to protect his underside. I am curious as to how many older pieces are owned by forum members. Has this question been on other threads I haven’t read yet? Please let me know. Thanks!

Wow, a lion? You will have to post pics. I dont have any of the older ones like that.

Maria
                        Participant

You have to post pics anyway, Goldragon. Even if you got rid of all your emeralds, we want to see the rest of your collection.
                          Ski, how can you already be at 4400 posts? Never mind, you tried answering that before. πŸ™‚

Quote:

Wow, a lion? You will have to post pics. I dont have any of the older ones like that.

**wonders** How do I do this quote thing? Do I highlight the text first and then hit quote, or vice-versa? Please help! Thanks!

Anyway, yes a lion. He was a real bargain several years ago, and I just love him! I was going to give him as a gift to my mom (who is a Leo and loves lions), but I just couldn’t bring myself to give him up. She has never understood my obsession with Windstones, and I am afraid she would think of him as a knick-knack ***shudders!*** And trying to explain how rare and valuable he is, would probably sound cheesy coming from me. So he is comfortable on my dresser for now!

And if someone can help me figure out how to post pics, I would be happy to post them. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.