fbpx

Fish

Home Forums Miscellany Food Fish

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I use to not like sushi, but if you try the cooked kind it is very good.

I also like to go out to resturants and order fish tacos or burritos.

The only fish I’ve been able to remotely stomach is tilapia. So I’d recommend starting there- just add enough seasoning and moisture (light oil or butter) to make it tasty enough.

Had some terrific BBQ trout at the employee appreciation picnic a while ago.

Recipe

Marinate trout, or other mild fish, tilapia would work. in Italian dressing overnight. BBQ on grill, skin side down, if your fish doesn’t have skin on, then lay some tin foil on the grill and put a little oil or butter to keep it from sticking. While it is cooking, sprinkle some lemon herb seasoning and some paprika on it. When done, in about 7 mins on high, eat!

Great stuff, really really tasty and doesn’t taste like fish at all.

Also, I with you guys on unagi…oh how I love that stuff…sushi is just yummy all around. It helps that we have an All you Can Eat Sushi place here. Gotta love it!

Kyrin

Nightcrow
    Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

I’m a very picky eater although I am trying to broaden my horizons but one thing I haven’t learned to appreciate yet is fish.

I can eat fish if it’s served to me, but I don’t really enjoy it. So I was wondering if some of you would like to share their favorite fish recipes?

For me, nothing beats salmon with lemon juice and pepper (a little butter in the skillet to help in cooking). Leave the skin on to keep the meat from burning; it will peel right off afterwards.

Salmon is kind of a pain because of the deboning (you can skip that if you don’t mind chewing very carefully — the bones are edible, they just aren’t nice as surprises), so the same thing works great with tilapia — you can get frozen filets ready-to-cook from Kroger, etc.

Fish tacos are also yummy! If you have some kind of Southwestern seasoning (or you can make your own), put a dab of oil in a skillet and rub fish (anything plain — tilapia, cod, haddock, etc) with Southwest seasoning; when it’s cooked, flake/chop it into a taco shell or tortilla with salsa, chopped cilantro, and your favorite taco fillings. Delicious! Might be a good way to “ease” into fish, too, since you’ll have all the spices and co-ingredients — not just straight-out undisguised fish. ๐Ÿ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

twindragonsmum
      Participant

When my family goes camping it means we do a lot of fishing (one of the big attractions of moving to Idaho ๐Ÿ˜€ ) My brother in law can’t abide fish of any sort, unless his gra’ma makes it. I was lucky enough to inherit her recipe when she passed away. Here it is:

Fresh brook trout – cleaned and de-headed – frying pan size is perfect
        bacon, uncooked
        yellow cornmeal
        vegetable oil for frying
        salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder

season trout to taste with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. wrap each fish in one or two slices of bacon. dredge in cornmeal fry in hot oil until done. serve with hot hash browns.

this tastes best with trout fresh out of the brook or lake when the sun is still coming up and the morning is crisp and clear. cold pine tree scent and wood smoke are always a nice touch ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.