fbpx

First-time insurance claim, could use advice!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone First-time insurance claim, could use advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon
    Participant

hmmm… I kept my item, but then I took pics of the damage and of the busted up boxes and left THAT with them. No way in heck was I leaving the dragon there. No one told me I had to anyway. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜†

lamortefille
      Participant

I’ve had a couple of claims with items sent USPS. They honored my claim each time and the refund arrived in a timely manner. I’ve had UPS honor a claim as well. I guess I’m just lucky.

If you are doing this at the Post Office, the trick is for the SENDER to be the one claiming on the insurance. The sender has the original post office receipts and people who ship packages are more likely to go to the Post Office than those who just receive packages, so the sender is also more likely to be on familiar terms with the staff.

But you can file a claim on-line at the USPS web site. You’d have to create an “account” first so you can log in, but it’s really easy to file a claim that way.

UPS has a similar set-up, but with UPS only the sender can file a claim. With the USPS either the sender or the recipient can initiate the claim, and either the sender or the recipient can receive the reimbursement (you specify which on the form).

The recipient DOES have the Insurance number. It’s on the insurance label on the package. You, or the sender, may at some point need to provide copies of the original receipt, but you don’t need them immediately. You may also at some point need to take the package and damaged contents to a Post Office, so you should keep everything, including any peanuts or other padding.

I have made a few claims over the years and, for domestic mail, I’ve never had a problem with a claim. They’ve always paid up, even when I’ve flat out told the clerk at the PO that I really didn’t expect them to pay anything as the damage was entirely the shipper’s fault.

For International mail, on the other hand, I’ve never not had a problem with a claim. Fortunately I’ve not had to file very many.

Christine
        Participant

Oh wow thanks everyone for all of your help, this has been awesome.

Today’s the first day I can file, but I’m still waiting on the repair estimate from Kyrin, and for the sender’s mailing receipt to come. In the meantime I’m going to print up everything I have so far, so it’s bing bang boom once I get those last two things. I didn’t know it’s better for the sender to do this–if it happens again I’ll probably go that route, but for now I have most of the materials needed to claim here with me, or on the way. I still have the packaging too. And there’s no way they’re keeping him! I have plenty of other evidence to show he’s broken.

Happy day though, his replacement horns showed up already from Windstone. Susie is the best :yes: I also got a replacement crystal ball for the busted Jade Oriental that was on ebay…I had to have him! I got the crystal before the Dragon showed up, haha. Now that’s great customer service! Between these two and the Kirin, I’ve pretty much got an Oriental Critter Rescue going ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.