fbpx

Fire Damage/Smoker Home White Emp or something else?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Fire Damage/Smoker Home White Emp or something else?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-GOLD-EMPEROR-Dragon-Statue-Pena-1991-YELLOW-EYES-/161054032188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257f91813c

noticed this guy on ebay today, seller calls him a gold but he reminds me of the fire damage/smoker home looking white ones? is he or is he a test paint or something….

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Pam

Could be cigg smoke damage, ore REALLY bad photos, or both. The pic from the back looks like a pretty normal white emp. Might be that their was something brightly colored nearby and the emp reflected the color, and the camera over-saturated everything..

Susie
        Keymaster

It looks to me like he started life as our “white” and was exposed to smoke (or something) that brought out more of the gold color on him. He sure looks pretty.

fatalbeauty
          Participant

I thought so, seemed hinky…I also find it funny how they say it’s from a smoke free home, oh really? how’d it get that way then? hehe…

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Setsunawolf
            Participant

There are some white pieces that have more of the gold coloring to them. They look more yellow that white. It was an individual painter thIng like the jade pieces which had more to all jade and almost no emerald paint. The pics on this one are bad though, so without better pics, I can’t say for sure this guy is one of them.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

rock-reader
              Participant

I contacted the seller – she said the dragon looked gold to her…she also saidshe would double box if anyone is interested

Zelda
                Participant

I have a white mother with a lot of gold coloring, she has had at least one owner before me but has no smoke smell or evidence of sticky tar residue on her.

It’s already been mentioned but there are other instances of varying levels of iridescent paint being applied to the dragons. For some reason it seems to be most pronounced on the emperors? In any case I think the big fella looks lovely!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

He looks like a normal white with a bit more ‘gold’ layering than the majority. There is also a strong warm bounce light from the left of the photo. Perhaps the house is painted red, or something, but that is bounce light for sure.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Kim
                    Blocked

Could it be that colour from sunlight or sitting in front of a window or tinted window or something?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.