fbpx

Fear of House Centipiedes

Home Forums Miscellany Community Fear of House Centipiedes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I have a huge fear of House Centipiedes, I hate them worse than spiders. In fact I would rather be in a bin full of ugly spiders than be near a house centepide. They are god aweful ugly creep things, they have many legs and four extra long legs . Yick I get the chills just thinking about them! Anyone else have a huge fear of these ugly things? I don’t have any other fears as bad as this one. I don’t like spiders either but rather see those everyday. As I say, u want me gone in a flash, put one of those in front of me, ill dissapear fast! Lol

Jinya
    Participant

Oh man, I loath these things too. Just like you Nela, give me a spider any day, just leave out the house centipede. They are hard to get rid of, and if they feel attacked in the lest little bit, those creepy little legs fall off. Yuk, eww, yuk!

I was taking a bath, washing my hair, opened my eyes, and……….what’s that swimming in the water beside me?!? Leapt up, couldn’t scream cuz ex was sleeping and he didn’t like being woken up, used a cup to catch it and flushed that nasty thing down the toilet…and that centipede was huge! Still get creeped out thinking about it and this happened years and years ago.

The legs fall off?! >.< yick!!! *cringes* my adopted mom has them all over her house, many and she is trying to get rid of them, she told me to just close my eyes if I come over, I'm like, no I won't be anywhere NEAR your place till they are ALL gone. They scare me half to death, and to see many would probly give me a heart attack. I saw a baby one in my grandmas bathroom once and I smashed it fast. Spiders, I just think spiders are a gift compared to them centepiedes!

Omg I would have Spazzed, screamed at the top of my lungs like I was getting strangled and passed out if I saw one in the tub or in bed with me. I even wouldn’t mind a bee in my bed rather than them. They are the ugliest thing on earth. Even more ugly than the tropical spider with spikes on its back, and uglier than a whip scorpion. And they have so many legs it looks like they slither iiick

I do not fear them, But they do creep me out a bit. They move very fast, and are startling to see. They are so fast that even my EPIC Huntress Pixie cannot catch them. Mind you, she can snatch house flies straight out of the air, in seconds flat.

Even though they are an especially creepy crawly, They are beneficial to have around. They hunt, and kill other house pests that are waaay less desirable.

littleironhorse
      Participant

I once had one fall from the ceiling light fixture onto the living room table right in front of me! I nearly jumped out of my skin! Disgusting creatures!

Falling from the ceiling is just not fair play!

Hmm, that’s what my mom said, they eat roaches n silverfish. I told her id rather have those. Really would rather have roaches n silverfish. They are so fast like they just float or slither. Yick…and they have those extra long legs; two in front and two in back. Id rather buy trantulas to fix any bug problem >.<

Wow…if that happened to me, especially if I was eating, I would scream so loud every house around would hear me and my skin would turn white as white could be. That show “animal fears” or something on animal planet, I couldn’t survive that show…id leave if they put me in a room with a bunch of house centipedes, even if they are just toys or pics. Id be out in a minute. I think my fear stemed from when I was little, I was in a store n saw one on the floor running as fast as it could go and I flipped out and ran back to my mom.

Kiya
        Participant

I don’t know that I’m scared of them. I mean, I can squish one and I won’t scream – but they make me feel creepy for hours afterwards. And I can just FEEL those freaking legs on me even if they never touch me.

So – scared… not really? EPIC case of the heeby-jeebies? YEAH. *shudder*

Amy
          Participant

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I actually think they’re pretty cool… *blocks incoming waves of rotten vegetable projectiles*

I’m for anything that hunts the other little nasties in the house. And not to tell anybody how they feel, but if you’ve had a roach infestation you know you’d rather have centipedes. Roaches are DISGUSTING! They are EVERYWHERE! And they are extremely hard to get rid of! They eat your food, they crawl over every surface, leaving poop and eggs wherever they go, and they multiply like mad. I’d be quite happy to see a centipede ripping those little terrors to shreds if it were me.

etruscan
            Participant

I am not particularly fond of the centipedes (whacking centipedes is why slippers were invented 😉 ) but I found a shed exoskeleton one time and it was fascinating.

Amy
              Participant

Lol, Pam, I was going to post a picture asking the same thing but I thought I’d get yelled at XD

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I actually think they’re pretty cool… *blocks incoming waves of rotten vegetable projectiles*

I’m for anything that hunts the other little nasties in the house. And not to tell anybody how they feel, but if you’ve had a roach infestation you know you’d rather have centipedes. Roaches are DISGUSTING! They are EVERYWHERE! And they are extremely hard to get rid of! They eat your food, they crawl over every surface, leaving poop and eggs wherever they go, and they multiply like mad. I’d be quite happy to see a centipede ripping those little terrors to shreds if it were me.

Oh my goodness, quoted for truth. I’d rather have nearly any ‘pest’ than a roach infestation. I had roaches — german roaches– the whole time I was in Texas. They used to make me cry, because I always felt so defeated by them. Even though we were clean, our neighbors were not and nothing we did got rid of them. They lived in our microwave, our phone, our TV, every part of my fish tank except the water of course… everywhere. So terrible.

I think house centipedes are pretty cool, too, by the way.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Amy
                  Participant

Oh my goodness, quoted for truth. I’d rather have nearly any ‘pest’ than a roach infestation. I had roaches — german roaches– the whole time I was in Texas. They used to make me cry, because I always felt so defeated by them. Even though we were clean, our neighbors were not and nothing we did got rid of them. They lived in our microwave, our phone, our TV, every part of my fish tank except the water of course… everywhere. So terrible.

I think house centipedes are pretty cool, too, by the way.

That is the exact experience my mom had while living in Texas, Jen! Roaches must love it there. They eventually ended up roach bombing the whole building she was in, but she moved out. It was awful between the bugs and the poison everywhere. And she’d fill up countless roach motels, but still there would be more. They’re a plague, honestly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.