fbpx

Fashion faux pas!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Fashion faux pas!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m painting a Muse, going for yellow belly scales.

Merrily shading the paint, creating a nice gradient, I realise:

I have just painted a boiled egg onto a Muse belly.

Oops.

I suspect a repaint is in my immediate future, as a cooked egg just looks wrong on such a birdish critter.

(Also, I found interference paints! Finally! *glee* And I have enough spare cash to justify buying them, much more importantly. Huzzah.)

twindragonsmum
    Participant

Mahal wrote:

I’m painting a Muse, going for yellow belly scales.

Merrily shading the paint, creating a nice gradient, I realise:

I have just painted a boiled egg onto a Muse belly.

Oops.

I suspect a repaint is in my immediate future, as a cooked egg just looks wrong on such a birdish critter.

(Also, I found interference paints! Finally! *glee* And I have enough spare cash to justify buying them, much more importantly. Huzzah.)

I think we need pix of the hard boiled egg before the muse gets a touch up… *snork* πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum wrote:

I think we need pix of the hard boiled egg before the muse gets a touch up…

Unfortunately I’ve already paintdoodled on the insulted areas. Didn’t think to get a picture first!

What’s left (in really bad photography light) is:

It doesn’t look bad, until you realise the yellow is a perfect sunflower/buttercup/boiled-egg-yolk yellow, and the white is a flat matte paint. Boiled. Egg. Oops! πŸ˜†

Heather
      Participant

Oopsy. πŸ˜† Well, it’s not as if you did it on purpose. It seems like the colors one’s thinking of don’t always transfer well to the three-dimensional PYO. :/ I mind me of the griffin whose head and neck I basecoated in what I thought would be a pale leaf yellow-green, and painted his throat yellow (yellow goes with green, right?). The paint streaked in the details of the carving, which I thought was a neat effect . . . and about the time I was done, realized that actually he looked as if someone had been sick all over his head. 😯 There was much retouching at that point. πŸ˜›

Maria
        Participant

Boiled egg on a Muse? Hah, that’s funny. πŸ˜†

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.