fbpx

Excuses…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Excuses…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Back. Ish…
    So what happened was that my stepdad for months now has been complaining of really bad headaches. My mom (and me secretly) were tired of hearing it and since we’re so darn poor, we decided to take him to the VA hospital about a week ago and found out the reason was because he had a blood clot in his brain and could have possibly died. My mom was hysterical, he went into surgery, and came out fine with 36 staples, a shifted brain, and a huge scar. SO (because they decided to dump everything on me) I turned into Cinder for the whole time (cleaning, cooking, watching kids & COUSINS) because my mom was going to work & the hospital and my grandparents decided to go on a vacation over the 4th of July weekend with one of my aunts. Figures, doesn’t it? My stepdad came home a few days ago and now he’s fine and can speak (but forgets things easily or stutters), walk, and now has to be careful of where he puts a foot down, because he could hit his head and otherwise form another clot or just plain move his brain. So now i’m continuing my job as Cinder (haven’t gotten the ‘ella’ part yet) and doing everything, so if i’m gone again, people know why. *exhales*

Adaneth
    Participant

Wow. I’m glad you guys took him there before it was too late! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Hope life lets up on you soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jasmine
      Participant

Sorry about your stepdad but glad he’s okay. Hope you get at least a little time to yourself.

dragonmedley
        Participant

It’s got to be a relief, no? that Cinder job will end, don’t sweat it!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Well, at least he’s okay! And the cinder job should be temporary!

Anonymous

Wow, look at all those Canadians above me LOL ::waves hello:::::

Dragoncat, prayers to you ALL — it’s hard being the one person reliable enough to accept the expected burdens of others.

Hold on tight to your sanity and when things are harder than you want to take, walk outside, breathe deep (unless you are in a polluted area) and realize how precious life is and there MUST be a reason for what you (and others in your life) are going thru. Easy for me to say, but I’m a survivor of Cin, Cind, Cinder, Cinderel, Cinderella and all the spaces in-between.

// Peace and Light!

Katherine
            Participant

I am sorry about your step-dad, and hopefully he will make a full recovery. In the meantime, I feel bad that all of that has been dumped on you. ๐Ÿ™ Can you possibly recruit someone to help you every once in a while?

LadyFirebird
              Participant

So sorry about your stepdad but then they found the problem in time and was able to fix it. He’s still healing and will have to be real careful for a while. Sorry you also have to assume the role of ‘Cinder’. Is your stepdad going through any type of therapy to help with the healing process? I know money is tight but it would be nice if VA has therapy he could go throw. It helps the healing process since this happen in his brain. Check into that–they could help with the short term memory and physical affects he has. I hope for the best and keep us updated!

Bob

I’m glad you caught it in time!

Thanks a lot, everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚ Advice like this makes me feel better about stressful stuff like the position i’m in.

Its good we caught it (everyone family or co-worker is surprised and relieved). No, he doesn’t have any therapy right now (but we still have to go for follow-ups), and there isn’t anyone other than my sister who can help out (but she’s hiding at friend’s houses or her room), and if I have a single complaint or request to lessen my workload, my mom makes this speech about how “I do so much” and “you have to, because your family”.

He’s now back to his original lazy-bum self. He even makes excuses for some things because “My head hurts like hell.” Yeah, sure…
                  ๐Ÿ˜› And, life got a little better last weekend. I had one of those looooong relaxing weekends where we ‘cleaned’ the pool, and my grandparents from his side of the family came over and took us out for dinner, and I got to go with my whole ‘family’ (mom’s sisters, parents, my cousins) on my uncle’s boat and hang out. Now I hurt because of sunburn. It was funny because we thought we were at the lake for a long time, but when we actually checked the time it was like 2:30. All of us had this silence where we were thinking “wow, this is cool” and my grandma broke the silence and practically yelled “REALLY?? 2:30?? I thought it was 5!”. Things don’t get past her.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.