fbpx

Everyone: What movie lines do you find yourself quoting…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Everyone: What movie lines do you find yourself quoting…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

Another Question. What movie lines do you find yourself quoting long after the movie is over? They donโ€™t necessarily have to be your favorite movie quotes of all time, just the ones you find yourself saying out loud whenever the moment calls for it.

For instance, whenever itโ€™s cold (which is often here), my father sometimes says โ€œIt’s frickin’ freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworthโ€ (Dr. Evil, Austin Powers).

And when my sister and I were very young and wanted to creep each other out, one of us would say โ€œIโ€™m coming for you, Rachelโ€ฆโ€ . Itโ€™s from โ€œPet Semetaryโ€ and would instantly cause us to think of that scene and get disturbed.

And Iโ€™m always quoting Pvt. Hudson from โ€œAliensโ€, but the line I find myself repeating the most is โ€œGame over, man! Game over!โ€ Hudson is one of my favorite movie characters of all time!

And many, many moreโ€ฆ.

Anyone else?

Lokie
      Participant

frozendragon
        Participant

Rasputia from ‘Norbit”

How you doin?!

LOL

Jennifer
          Keymaster

My husband and I often quote Didymus (the little dog/fox looking fellow) from the Labyrinth: “Let’s get the hell out of here!” ๐Ÿ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Earth Girls are Easy – Stop it! You’re freaking me out!

The Princess Bride – As you wish.

Roger Rabbit – I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way.

I don’t know. I rarely catch myself doing it (I know I do) so I can’t remember which quotes I use.

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

Norbit: 1. “How YOU doin?!” 2. “Hell to the no!”

It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World: 1. “Talk to your father. I won’t. I don’t ever want to talk to him EVER. Don’t be ridiculous. Whatever else he is, he is your father.” 2. “He’s going the other way!”

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: “I can give you stars!”

Born Yesterday: “BILLY!!!! WHAAAATTT?!?!?”

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head!

These are the ones I find myself quoting:

“Everyone I know has a big ‘but'” (Pee Wee’s Big Adventure)

“It’ll all end in tears” and “Here I am, brain the size of a planet…” (from the various versions of Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, including, of course, the movies)

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’m constantly doing it with my husband! There are so many, but here are the only ones I can think off top:

Princess bride: I’m waiting!
                Fifth element: Give me the caaash!

A lot of them come from French movies, so I’ll spare you…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Princess Bride: “I don’t think that word means what you think it means!” “Goodbye boys, have fun storming the castle!”

I also tend to run off the whole rhyming thing between Indigo and Fezzik from that movie as well.

Alien: “Game over man! Game over!”

Better Off Dead: “I want my $2!”

Then we do random for no apparent reason quotes all the time.

Stuff like: “It’ll take us six days! We only have half a car left!” (I’ll give someone points if they can figure out what movie that was from.)

We say all kinds of movie stuff randomly…next time I spout one off I’ll try to write it down.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

Princess Bride: “I don’t think that word means what you think it means!” “Goodbye boys, have fun storming the castle!”

I also tend to run off the whole rhyming thing between Indigo and Fezzik from that movie as well.

Alien: “Game over man! Game over!”

Better Off Dead: “I want my $2!”

Then we do random for no apparent reason quotes all the time.

Stuff like: “It’ll take us six days! We only have half a car left!” (I’ll give someone points if they can figure out what movie that was from.)

We say all kinds of movie stuff randomly…next time I spout one off I’ll try to write it down.

Kyrin

That last one reminds me of Planes Trains and Automobiles, but I’m probably wrong… it just sounds like something that should be in that movie… ๐Ÿ˜†

Maria
                Participant

Will Smith in I, Robot: “That’s just stupid.”

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

dragonmedley wrote:

I’m constantly doing it with my husband! There are so many, but here are the only ones I can think off top:

Princess bride: I’m waiting!
                    Fifth element: Give me the caaash!

A lot of them come from French movies, so I’ll spare you…

Haha! We do that one all the time too.. “Gimme the caasssshhhh”

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
                    Participant

Learning to rollerblade with Donovan we’ve both fallen aLOT! Even though Donovan’s never seen the movie..when he’s wanted to give up I’ve used the quote, “Why do we fall?” and I’ve taught him the answer, “to learn to pick ourselves up.” ๐Ÿ™‚

edit…I forgot to include the movie..it’s from Batman Begins.

“Sometimes they’re not enough rocks” ((Forest Gump))

“We’re younger and faster” “I’m Older and have more insurance” (Fried Green Tomatoes)

and I Love Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxey
                      Trillian: Well, this is weird.

Slartibartfast: [talking about the Earth] Best laid plans of mice.
                      Arthur: And men.
                      Slartibartfast: What?
                      Arthur: Best laid plans of mice and men.
                      Slartibartfast: Oh. No, I don’t think men had much to do with it.

Arthur: A cup of tea would restore my normality.

And of course from the Dolphins

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish
                      ๐Ÿ˜†

We also like to watch for 42 used in other places ie Mulders apartment number on X Files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.