fbpx

ETA on Grab Bag Youngs?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion ETA on Grab Bag Youngs?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Susie says that the unis were in the store for 45 minutes, if anyone was wondering.

Refreshing the store manually will not get you blocked, don’t worry. It only applies to people who use a special computer program to check the store automatically hundreds of times a day.

scenceable
      Participant

Aww Megan, that sucks. It’s one thing to miss them while at work or something but you were camped here all day too!

I would offer to try and grab one for you on monday if you happen to be away but I’m busy all day so there isn’t much point. If I do happen to be online when they go live I can message you ๐Ÿ™‚

As for refreshing the store, I refreshed the young page every few minutes for at least a few hours today, and intermittently after that, so I wouldn’t worry.

*hugs*

Hannah
        Participant

*hugs* Megan!!! If you dont get one from the next restocking (I’m crossing my fingers though!!), I KNOW you’ll be able to find someone who will sell you one ๐Ÿ™‚ <3

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

fairyhearted
          Participant

I didn’t get an email that they were back in stock either. I wonder if there’s something funky going on with the system.

Bullsquid
            Participant

WARNING: RANT AHEAD

I am so frustrated, angry, and disappointed right now. As you’ve probably guessed, I wasn’t able to get one of the GB young unis today. I couldn’t get one of the GB babies from the store when they came out, and I got screwed again today.

I think the grab bag unicorn idea is really fun, and I know that Melody and Pam and Susie, etc. practically bend over backwards to satisfy us collectors, but I really think that the way these have been sold is terrible. No pre-order, no waiting list, they didn’t even tell us what day they would go into the store. Some people get to snap up two unicorns and I can’t even get one. Pardon me, but I don’t have the luxury of staying home by my computer for a week checking the store every 30 minutes. I don’t begrudge anyone who snagged a unicorn or two today (I would have got one, if I could), but there must be a better way for these to be sold.

The best I could do was stalk the store as often as possible, which I did for a week and a half, and book a day off work so that I would have access to my computer all day. But because they didn’t tell us which day the unis would be stocked, I had to make an educated guess, and my guess was off by one day (I took Wednesday off). So not only am I empty-handed, but I wasted a vacation day too.

It seems ridiculous that we know there are more unicorns to be sold, and I’m sitting here ready and willing to buy one, but I can’t, because there is no pre-order/waiting list mechanism in place in the store. And I can’t afford to use up another vacation day for “maybe Monday”.

Knowing my luck -and the fact that I’m in the eastern time zone and work an afternoon shift- I’ll be at work and unable to buy from the second half of the GB young unicorn batch. I’ll be left to the mercy of the secondary market, where I just have to hope that they don’t jack up the price. And I was going to buy a serpentine curlie (it would have been my first curlie) and have them sent together to save on shipping, but it looks like that’s also out the window.

I almost wish that I hadn’t watched the livestreams or paid any attention to the grab bag young unicorns, because all of the excitement and anticipation has led me to nothing but disappointment and a wasted day off.

Megan
              Participant

scenceable and Hannah : *hugs*. You both have become such amazing people in my life. Just wish I could know you in person! At least we have the forum, email, and FB (and sometimes deviant art ;), I really need to update pictures there but kind of feel like I should wait until I finish my sculpture first). Thank you both so very much!
                I think that why I was so upset, because I was camped out here all day! I didn’t even look at my sculpture today knowing that if I did, I’d get “involved”. I checked my settings on my email account and would have sworn that anything coming from Windstone was checked “not junk” but, just my luck!!! There, in my junk folder were TWO updates! That just blew me away especially since I got a message in my regular inbox from Windstone when the GBB became available! Oh well, can’t change what’s been done. I will for sure be refreshing the store on Monday. I hope that if they meraculously make it in the store sooner, the email will at least show up this time! I triple checked this time to make sure it would not go to junk…fingers crossed!
                Thanks again everyone as well as scenceable and Hannah for the updates, offers, and encouragement! So glad to be a part of this forum!

scenceable
                Participant

Bullsquid- I understand what you mean, it’s how I felt when I missed the babies a few weeks ago. My advice is to pm someone on the forum who either already got unicorns today or only wants one, and will be around on monday to buy one for you. (or put a post out requesting it) They can send it to you unopened so it will be a surprise. I know some people did this last time. I would offer but I’m going to be out on monday so am not reliable, and I live in canada so shipping and customs would add too much cost. But people on the forum have done this type of thing and I think there’s some people who would. It’s really the only advice I can offer, I know it’s really difficult to buy one second hand since everyone just wants to trade. I wish I could help! Hopefully someone else can though <3

Megan- me, you and Hannah should all meet up somewhere! Road trip. Have you ever been to Niagara Falls? Maybe it's time you go. Or montreal? Toronto? Cmon, you know you want to! (Then again I'd rather come to your place, you have a horse. Hahah)

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Bullsquid, I am working on Monday, but since I got two today, I would be more then happy to try and watch the store for you on Monday in the off chance I see them I can grab one or two for you. I can’t make any promises, but I’m sure there are other member too who got some today who would also be happy to help out. I think that was one of the reasons they were released in 2 batches since it has seemed to work out well in the past for people who missed out. Last time (for the grab bag babies) the only reason I got any was I had someone looking out for me because I missed them as well.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bullsquid
                    Participant

Thanks for the tip, scenceable (hey, I’m in Canada too!). I just feel so defeated, like “Oh no, it happened AGAIN!” :O Where does everyone else find the time to stalk the store all day?

I think I will put out a help request and see if I can get someone else to snag one for me on Monday, or whenever the rest go into the store. I know the people on the forum can be a great help, e.g. Hannah hooked me up with a GB baby (Thank you, Hannah!), so I’m fairly sure I’ll get a GB young uni eventually. I just wish it didn’t have to be so frustrating.

Edit: In the time that it took me to write the above post, Drag0n has already responded. Man, I love the people on the forum! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hannah
                      Participant

If anyone needs someone to scout the store from them on Monday, I can do it! I have Monday off and my phone will alert me to when they are restocked so I can run to my comp if I’m not on it!

I don’t have the funds up front to purchase them, but I can do a Money Order thing and then have susie bill my paypal account (this is all assuming Susie allows me to get more from this batch – I think she might if I explain the situation)!!

Edit to say that I would of course only be able to do this for 1 person (if susie lets me XD) ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Well, this is up to each individual person. I know it’s obviously not recommended to give out your personal info, but normally I just give my login to whoever is going to watch the store for me and they buy whatever and use the “money order” option. Then that way, Susie doesn’t have to do all this address switching and changing. Sometimes it works… usually it works. If more then one person watches for me sometimes I end up with one too many orders >_<

Personally, I don't see a whole lot of harm in it because they don't get my payment info, but that's just me.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Megan
                          Participant

I’d like to say that I would be happy to do the same. As Hannah stated in her post though, I cannot front the funds. Wish I could but I can’t. I plan on watching the store as often as I can. My profession is Domestic Godess so as long as my job doesn’t get in the way (dirty diaphers, kitchen duty, lost child…) I will certainly not be making the mistake of assuming anything! I hope I catch them too. I want one BAD! So bad in fact, I DID cry when I found out I had missed them yesterday! Anyway, I at least get great Internet connection via my iPhone. Refreshing the store page can be done virtually anywhere for me! As an added bonus, since it’s a smart phone, I can send out text messages alerting anyone who can at least carry there phones with them ( “for emergencies sake”, heehee) that “they are in the store “now”, while order for myself and others if I can ( if Susie is ok with that, but I currently already need to order for one other person). I can certainly “alert” by phone if that helps! If anyone would like to be put on a ” please text me for GBY” list, feel free to pm me! You can pm me your # and ill give you mine. I wouldn’t list it in a public thread though!
                            I don’t agree with how they are sold either. I think everyone at Windstone works hard and all of us obviously LOVE them for there hard work but it all turns into a free for all it seems. I swear that if they actually had a physical store where everyone who wanted one of a particular item could “appear”, people would be camped out two weeks before hand. Even then, it’s every man woman and child for themselves cause when the door opens, it would be one giant human stampeed! Similar to what some places go through every black Friday! Anyway, I think that the people who post more regularly and have expressed such interests in purchasing something that is so limited should have the option of prepaying . Look at the number of pictures of our newest GBB batch that were posted by their new proud Mamma’s/Pappa’s compared to the number in total that sold! Where are the rest of them? It seems many staulk the forum, and then buy our squeaks! I’m gonna stop there! I can see this getting taken the wrong way!
                            I’m going try again Monday! I can only hope to get one in time so if I do, I would be happy to send out alerts as soon as I see they’ve been posted, again, I’d also be happy to place additional orders for those who wish me to provided Susie gives the ok. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skylover
                            Participant

Is there anyone still available who might be able to grab one (only one) for me? I have work and class on Monday and Tuesday, and I likely won’t be able to get one for myself. I would be really grateful.

Wampus Dragon
                              Participant

PM me Skylover.

Skylover
                                Participant

PM me Skylover.

PM’d. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 218 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.