fbpx

Enchantica or Dragonsite dragons? (Andrew Bill)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Enchantica or Dragonsite dragons? (Andrew Bill)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

(I figured this was the best place for this- please move or delete if necessary)

I know that there are collectors of these guys here, and a website. It mostly seems to be UK though and I’m stateside. Does anyone have an idea of where they can be found? I’m looking for one (just this one only) and don’t know where to begin other than eBay. I’d be willing to look outside the US, but with the weak dollar and postal rates gone outrageous… hopefully they’re here? Since I only want this one, it wouldn’t be kosher going to their website would it? (and if anyone can get their hands on one, I’d be willing to get any of the Windstones available at local shops in my Flea Market listing as trade).

Apparently it’s named Windows of Wonder and was produced in ’04. It was designed by Andrew Bill. I don’t know if it’s Enchantica or Dragonsite- is there a difference? The value according to 1 defunct retailer is about $75? I don’t know how large it is- the pic comes from an ebay auction that wouldn’t ship 😥 .

Sorry about the other product line question- I just love sea dragons, and this guy reminds me so of one.

pipsxlch
      Participant

BDW
        Participant

I’ve contacted Andrew Bill before and he responded here is his website. Maybe he can help you.
          http://www.andrewbill.com/

I used to have that one but one of my mothers cats somehow got into my room one day; I guess she went in there for something and left the door open; anyways the cat jumped up on the shelf and knocked half my dragons off (I didn’t have any Windstones then thankfully). That one of course was up there and broke in a million pieces. ;__; I used to have Moonstruck too, but my mom sold it in a garage sale last year. I wish I still had them both, especially Moonstruck. They were the only two Dragonsite pieces I had. I got them from Dancing Dragon, but they don’t exist any more apparently. 😥

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I’m outrageously picky about my dragons, but that one is very nice. Good luck!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

It’s almost sold out in the UK. I think the only place you’ll find one is on ebay. Unless, you know someone in the UK who will buy it for you and ship it to you.

http://www.thedragonsite.com/dragons/window_of_wonders.php

For me it’s kind of a tie between enchantica and dragonsite. They both create really nice looking dragons. The colors that they use are sometimes good and sometimes not so good. Enchantica makes beautiful limited production dragons that cost a pretty penny. Glimmerscale is one of my favorites. I don’t own any but I would like to if the money becomes available.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

pipsxlch
            Participant

I haven’t seen a lot of Enchantica/Dragonsite pieces in person yet, but many seem to have people or buildings in them and I just don’t like anything human in my art 😳 . This guy is an oddball per my tastes (fortunately I love stained glass). I did see a nice piece “Gaia” at a local retailer, but they wanted $250 for it and it wasn’t just about equal to an OW for me. They now have some small ones on balls, but the quality isn’t there on these ones. I tend to be picky about my dragons also- many gifts have quietly ended up in Goodwill donations.

I’m willing to go to the UK for one, if a shipping buddy can help me. I was hoping to find one in North America since the dollar is so weak, but if I have to go to the UK then so be it.

wolflodge100
              Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I haven’t seen a lot of Enchantica/Dragonsite pieces in person yet, but many seem to have people or buildings in them and I just don’t like anything human in my art 😳 . This guy is an oddball per my tastes (fortunately I love stained glass). I did see a nice piece “Gaia” at a local retailer, but they wanted $250 for it and it wasn’t just about equal to an OW for me. They now have some small ones on balls, but the quality isn’t there on these ones. I tend to be picky about my dragons also- many gifts have quietly ended up in Goodwill donations.

I’m willing to go to the UK for one, if a shipping buddy can help me. I was hoping to find one in North America since the dollar is so weak, but if I have to go to the UK then so be it.

Thats way too high for Gaia! Retail should be around $70.00, are you interested in that one also? Have you seen the “Bookwyrms”?

Skylover
                Participant

I’ve collected quite a few Enchantica and Dragonsite dragons. Enchantica is the older line and most of the pieces are retired. There a some newer ones, but they are made in China now and don’t appear to have the same quality. Dragonsite is the company Andrew Bill formed when he left Enchantica.

Anyway, I’m not really sure if the piece that you’re looking for was offered in the United States. Several Dragonsite pieces aren’t. One retailer that carries them is Armik’s (http://www.armiks.com).

A good site to get a look at the Enchantica and Dragonsite pieces is http://www.thesorcererslibrary.com. They have really good pictures of just about every piece ever made.

Hopefully this information helps. Unfornately, I don’t really know any other place other than ebay to get the piece you’re looking for.

Skylover, Windows of Wonder was sold in the US. I got mine from dancingdragon.com but they aren’t around any more, which sucks cause they used to sell Windstones too. ;-;

Skylover
                  Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Skylover, Windows of Wonder was sold in the US. I got mine from dancingdragon.com but they aren’t around any more, which sucks cause they used to sell Windstones too. ;-;

Ah, thank you. Good to know!

I got most of mine (both Enchantica and Dragonsite) from a local shop around here that closed when it’s owners retired. I now get one every now and then from one of my local retailers which also sells Windstones, but they can only get them periodically and can’t get very many of them.

wolflodge100 wrote:

pipsxlch wrote:

Thats way too high for Gaia! Retail should be around $70.00, are you interested in that one also? Have you seen the “Bookwyrms”?

I was going to say that is way to high for Gaia. I’ve found a few places on line that are selling Gaia for less than $70. Some of the bookwyrms are cute. I like the wings on black beauty.

I know that they are called “action figures” but Todd Mcfarlane’s Dragons are extremely detailed and look really good for what they are. They cost about $15 or less depending on where you shop for them. So far I’ve got all of them except for a few paint variants (which are hard to find now). I’m a big fan of Todd’s work and when he came out with the dragons I was soooo excited. Been collecting them ever since. I can post pics if anyone wants to see…otherwise look them up! I think they rock.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

I used to have one of the McFarlane dragons, but it was one of the things my parents sold in one of our garage sales. Blargh. I forget which one it was, but he was dark red.. from the second series I think…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.