fbpx

Empress?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Empress?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

Random thought of the moment, that has probably been asked before but lord knows where that thread is now XD lol

Has there ever been a thought of making an Empress dragon? a female counterpart to the emperor and mama to the hatching royalty? I was drooling over the CP Emperor photo (as I do from time to time, lol) and had a mental image of a dragon in the same body style laying down in some proud way (sort of like the lap but the size of an Emp)… I know you have a TON of things you’re sculpting, Mel, I was just curious if this was something that has been thought about or if there was a reason to not make one

phantomess
      Participant

I absolutely love the idea of an empress dragon! πŸ˜€ She should be facing/positioned in a way that would match up well with the Emp for display! πŸ˜€

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

littleironhorse
        Participant

Sorry to butt in for Melody, but just because I remember the answer… πŸ˜‰

If I remember correctly, the sculpt that ended up being the Old Warrior was actually meant to be the Empress. There is more to the story though so I’ll let Melody tell it πŸ™‚

fatalbeauty
          Participant

Sorry to butt in for Melody, but just because I remember the answer… πŸ˜‰

If I remember correctly, the sculpt that ended up being the Old Warrior was actually meant to be the Empress. There is more to the story though so I’ll let Melody tell it πŸ™‚

I thought it was the garden dragon?

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

littleironhorse
            Participant

No, the Garden Dragon was always meant as an outdoor sculpt so it wouldn’t have been a match for the Emperor. Some members took to calling it the Empress because of her size, but IMO, she’d even be a little too big to be the Empress.

I wonder if the thread discussing the origin of the OW as Empress still exists…

Edit: Found it! http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/empress

Melody
              Keymaster

Random thought of the moment, that has probably been asked before but lord knows where that thread is now XD lol

Has there ever been a thought of making an Empress dragon? a female counterpart to the emperor and mama to the hatching royalty? I was drooling over the CP Emperor photo (as I do from time to time, lol) and had a mental image of a dragon in the same body style laying down in some proud way (sort of like the lap but the size of an Emp)… I know you have a TON of things you’re sculpting, Mel, I was just curious if this was something that has been thought about or if there was a reason to not make one

Yes, as you can see by reading the old posts, I have been planning an “Empress dragon” for years. I tried once, but the resulting dragon turned out to be a male; the Old Warrior.

Never quite got around to trying again, but now that we have slogged through the worst of the recession, perhaps I may dare to think about making something large again. During the past few years I thought that it would make more sense to produce smaller, more inexpensive things.
                Another thought though… we can’t keep up with casting the dragon designs we have- and produce a new one too? yikes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.