fbpx

Emerald paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Emerald paint

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

lamortefille
      Participant

Have any of you found a match for the emerald paint? I have a wizard that needs some touch-ups. I would rather not bother Melody if I can help it. Thanks!

frozendragon
        Participant

I’ve mixed one that matched pretty well.. but there’s not one you can just buy… πŸ™

There is no matching it…factory special. You can come close, but from my precious experience if it is a largish area it looks awful.

I am still waiting for the darker of the two Emeralds from Melody.

Kyrin

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I was doing a repair and I couldn’t seemto get the paint from Windstone so I matched it pretty flawlessly actually.

I used one part, Folk Art metallic Emerald Green. Then as needed some drops of Folk Art Metallic Peridot. For some of the areas that are more goldish, you need to add Folk Art Metallic Inca Gold and then the harder one to find for a final top coat to get that deep emerald green and shimmery finish is Pearlized Createx Airbrush Colors Pearl Green. Its a little transparent paint and blends the whole thing together pretty nicely, even if your off a little.

That’s my recipe for Emerald anyway. I used it on a repair for a forum member, and also that Lap dragon I got with half his face missing and you can barely notice. I only do I think because I know exactly where it is.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
            Participant

I used duncan pearl colors.. and a lot of different mixing and touching up… it worked perfect for me too.. and afterward I couldn’t even tell where it was..

but considering each piece is slightly diff, it takes a different mix every time usually…

lamortefille
              Participant

Thank you all for the replies. I’ll follow your advice and try some mixing. If that doesn’t work out, I’ll have to have him repaired by one of you more talented people. I have limited funds right now, so paying for his repair is on the back burner. πŸ˜€

frozendragon
                Participant

well you know you can always send him this way.. I don’t ever charge for repairs.. just the shipping.. πŸ™‚

lamortefille
                  Participant

frozendragon wrote:

well you know you can always send him this way.. I don’t ever charge for repairs.. just the shipping.. πŸ™‚

You’re such a sweetheart, really! When things are better here, I will work out a deal with you for sure. I would never expect you to do it for free. πŸ˜‰

frozendragon
                    Participant

lol.. um k

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

There is no matching it…factory special. You can come close, but from my precious experience if it is a largish area it looks awful.

Kyrin

The paint wouldn’t happen to be for my spectral would it? 😳

WolfenMachine wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Kyrin

The paint wouldn’t happen to be for my spectral would it? 😳

Yep…I am on hold for about 6 sculpts…they are fixed, but are sitting here for lack of paint…I feel like I am not getting anything done.

Kyrin

Jodi
                        Participant

Do you have time to fix broken hooves on a Gothic Unicorn? How much would you charge? The damage is on both sets of feet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.