fbpx

Eeep!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

So, after a horrid morning in which I had the worst nightmare I’ve had in years, and got up to find one of my bettas dead πŸ˜₯ …well, today I got my long-awaited Labradorite Sitting Griffin Chick at last.

I’d had to sign the slip on my door yesterday for FedEx to drop the package off (since I certainly can’t be taking days off work everytime I expect to receive something).

I come home, after a long dark day in which it has done little else but rain, to find the box sitting by my front door. It was all bulgy and bloated-looking, obviously soaked. I pick it up, and a thin stream of water cascades from one corner. πŸ™

I take it inside and open it up. Do they make some packing peanuts out of cornstarch now, is that it? Environmentally admirable, I’m sure, and normally I’d be cheering, but standing in the rainwater dissolved these packing peanuts into pasty mush, and of course the weight of the inner box dragged it down into that mess. If it had been styrofoam peanuts, it would have stayed high and maybe dry. πŸ˜•

So yes, the inner box was soaked as well. Thank God and Windstone for that inner plastic bag! There was a little condensation in parts, but nothing worse. My heart could start beating again! πŸ˜‰

I wish it had been sent USPS like my other orders. Then I could have either fetched it from the post office, or they’d have stuck it inside my screendoor, or used the side door–all drier alternatives. Oh well, all’s well that ends well, my new little darling will just have to take residence in someone else’s box until I get a nice display case for him.

And as a reward for all that griping, here’s a picture!

😈 NOW WE ARE FIVE!! 😈

Adaneth
      Participant

Awwww. He’s so cute! They all are! I jsut paid off my Wolfies at Emerald’s…I can’t wait to see them all! Congrats on your luck! The nicest thing about living in a 4-plex is that it has an entryway…But also a couple people I am not sure I can say aren’t crackheads…Can’t win them all! (Usually I jsut call in sick if I know what day I am getting a delivery! Susie and Karen are pretty good at letting me know what day it will be here. πŸ˜‰ But I’m bad like that! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† )

Aw, they look so cute.

I’m so glad Windstone packs the way they do. Just the other day I picked up my new flapper and on the way home I tripped and threw the box… HUH, heartattack! It rolled five times down the sidewalk. Luckally it didn’t go into traffic. I don’t think it would have survived being run over. I got it home and the box was kind of dented but the flapper was just fine.

Adaneth
        Participant

Thanks!

They do pack very well, though I agree I don’t think a box would survive being run over! 😯

I’m very much looking forward to adding some black sunset chicks…and black violet…and brown… πŸ˜€

Grats on the new arrival! They look adorable in the picture. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
          Participant

Thanks! I’m sure they’re plotting something… πŸ˜‰

wolflodge100
            Participant

They are so cute together! You have a fine flock! Thank goodness he was alright!

Bob

where did the liquid come from??

Adaneth wrote:

Thanks! I’m sure they’re plotting something… πŸ˜‰

ROTF LMAO!

Maria
                Participant

Cute! Thank goodness Windstone knows how to pack.

Jasmine
                  Participant

Oh, they look so happy together!!

Skigod377
                    Participant

Congrats!! The certificate was not messed up by the wetness?

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Adaneth wrote:

Do they make some packing peanuts out of cornstarch now, is that it?

Yep. My high school chemistry teacher showed them to us in 1995. She held one under the faucet so we could see it melt. She even tried to get us to eat them! *Shudders from bad memories of that particular teacher*

Jasmine
                        Participant

Eeeewww, cornstarch really isn’t something to be eaten on it’s own… 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.