fbpx

Ebay Seller Nightmare

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay Seller Nightmare

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

So I have read a lot about ebay dealings on here and I have a question as I have had a problem with a seller that I have never experienced before. It is not on a Windstone piece but a beanie baby but if you picture it to be like a Windstone, I bought several pieces from this seller in the U.K. By the time I paid shipping and the exchange rate, it was over $70 for a handful of beanies which I thought turned out to be a lot. Anyway the seller sent me the wrong model of one. It was supposed to be this rare lizard with green eyes that was pictured in the listing but it turned out to be a common one with orange eyes worth about half as much. One eye was even cloudy and scratched. I was ticked off but politely messaged the seller and asked if they could do a partial refund since I didn’t want to have to pay even more to ship it all the way back to the U.K.

The item was not as described since they sent me a different one than the picture but they claimed they did nothing wrong and said I should have read the description where it listed it as having brown eyes. Well is it just me or are brown, green and orange different colours because they sent me one with orange eyes, said they were brown eyes and pictured it with green eyes. When I told them I was unhappy but if they would agree to give me a partial refund, I would be happy and leave positive feedback, they blatantly refused, told me off and said I was using bribery to get them to pay for positive feedback. Does this even make any sense?

I asked for a refund of only GBP 5.00 plus 2.00 for the extra for shipping the beanie which is half of what I paid for it as I paid GBP 10.00 plus 2.00 and they said they were reporting me to ebay for ‘severely going against ebay’s rules’. Is it just me or are these people *words* I do not want to post here. I am so frustrated that I now have to buy the beanie I wanted from someone else and this seller is threatening me saying I am the one who is wrong and they did nothing wrong. I have 100% feedback on there and they had 5 negative feedbacks in the last month alone which I didn’t know til now. I decided to open a not as described case against them because now I don’t even care about the money but I don’t like that they think they can treat customers like this. Has anyone ever heard of a seller threatening someone like that before claiming I was trying to bribe them to give me money for feedback? I am so disgusted right now!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

scenceable
      Participant

I *think* there is some rule on ebay against feedback extortion, so I tend to avoid telling sellers that whether they do ___ will affect the feedback I leave. Maybe that’s what they’re referring to, although it doesn’t sound like you specifically said you would leave them a negative if they didn’t send some money back.

If you still want to keep the item, leave them a negative and leave it at that… if you don’t want the item with eye colour as is, open a case and go through ebay to return the item for a refund. Since the seller is being uncooperative, those are really your only options at this point. 🙁 Sucks!

Erika
        Participant

Cases usually work out well–I’ve only had to do two or three (thankfully) and granted, the sellers were usually not this incorrigible, but Ebay tends to protect the buyer a little more I think. Plus, your two feedback scores and past history can’t help but factor in. I wouldn’t give them a positive after all’s said and done no matter how it turns out. Neutral, at best.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I’ve dealt with people like this on ebay before, everyone basically already covered all the routes to go from pretty well. I hate having to deal with people like that though. I’m dealing with a similar issue right now over a leather case for my tablet *rolls eyes* They sell one thing and send you another and seem to have the “well it’s close enough, so stop complaining policy” It’s so inexpensive it’s not even worth the stress to argue so I just bought a new one from someone else, but I’m still annoyed they got away with just basically blowing me off… so I do sympathize with the fustration. I just wanna be able to give ’em a virtual smack in the head and be on my way.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

Opening a not-as-described case was the right thing to do in this case. The seller shouldn’t have had a picture of a green eyed one listed if that isn’t the one that they were selling (to me, that is trying to draw buyers in by showing them something more valuable than what it is that they’re listing). A good seller would apologize for the mistake and work to come to a fair conclusion for both parties, sometimes you need to open a case and have eBay do what the seller should have done in the first place!

Kim
              Blocked

Thanks. I even told them if I was a seller I would have apologized for any confusion and just given them a partial refund to make them happy. I even looked back on my messages and found one I sent them at the beginning of Sept. asking if it was the one with green eyes to double check before I bought it and they never answered the question so I assumed it was the right one. After they were rude to me though I told them I had no problem leaving negative feedback if that is how they do business and treat their customers. I also pointed out that two of their negative feedbacks in the last month said they sent them a different item or their item was not as described so I wasn’t the only one. I also pointed out they had 37 negative feedbacks over the course of a year from unhappy customers. The problem though is that because they are a big seller and have like 2000 feedbacks a month, I guess people who consider the amount of negatives to be small but I tell you if I ran a business like that, I wouldn’t even have the conscience to stay in the business if I had even a few unhappy customers. They haven’t even responded to the case yet so we will see what happens. I was considering returning it but then if I had to pay for shipping and tracking to make sure they got it back, I don’t think it would even be worth it.

moonbeam
                Participant

Oh man, it´s so sad that there are always people trying to cheat others.
                  I keep my fingers crossed for you that you can get at least some of your money back.

Kim
                  Blocked

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.