fbpx

Ebay seller, mild warning and am I overly critical?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ebay seller, mild warning and am I overly critical?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

So I found a ruby fledgling BIN on ebay for $65. I’ve wanted one for awhile, so I snatched it up. It is advertised as like new condition. I sent the seller details about how to ship it properly and a link to the packing guide on ebay.

So it arrives, and of course, it’s not perfect. There is a tiny chip on the front claw that can just barely been seen in the photos on the listing when you know it’s there, otherwise it just looks like glare. This seller has several Windstones on ebay, so if anyone is interested in them and really wants what is described, I would recommed asking this seller some questions. What looks like glare in a picture is plainly a chip in real life and not easily missed. My thumb is not pointing to it, it’s the whitish/glare spot on the middle claw on the far foot.

Here is the original listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170723304056?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

102_2286

Also, he got a siginicant paint rub that I’m not feeling too happy about trying to fix, the texture is now all screwy, and while the gold high lighting is no problem thanks to deco art paint pens, I HATE trying to match reds. This is not in the original picture for the auction, so it probably happened in transit. And the seller DID pack him really well, just without the plastic baggy to protect the paint.

102_2287

102_2290

I’m grumpy right now because I just opened him and “like new” is pure deceit, but despite my grumpiness, these are pretty small things, so how pissed should I be? I don’t want to send him back, but I’m not a happy buyer. I won’t contact the seller tonight because I know I can’t be professional right now.

scenceable
      Participant

Like you said those are small things that might not be obvious to someone who doesn’t collect or someone who isn’t picky. I would tell the seller about them and mention you didn’t expect issues like that when it was described like new, and that perhaps you’d like a partial refund or something. Since they did pack it well they seem like they’re being honest, not trying to scam or intentionally hide the issue, and just didn’t see the chip.

Even so, that’s their fault for not being thorough, and they should be willing to give a partial refund. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sucks that this happened to you, good idea to wait until tomorrow to contact them though. I’ve had a few cases where I contacted someone when I was emotional and it didn’t end well. Hopefully you guys can get it sorted out ๐Ÿ™‚

Amy
        Participant

Yeah, I agree with sceanable. Just message him tomorrow when you’re feeling more civil, get a partial refund, and (if you don’t feel comfortable doing the repairs yourself) mail the little guy to someone on here, get him all patched up, and experience the excitement of unpacking a dragon that really is in “like new” condition, lol.

But yes, it is a pain, and I’m sorry that happened. That always happens to me when I buy windstones too. ๐Ÿ˜›

Oh, and I definitely don’t think you’re overly critical. I would have felt exactly the same way.

littleironhorse
          Participant

I’ll “third” this, the only way to get anywhere is to keep it civil, and a partial refund seems like the way to go. And however annoying it might be to us as buyers, such a small flaw may very well have gone unnoticed by the seller.

But I know how you feel, I am also obsessive about the meaning of “new” and won’t keep flawed pieces no matter how small the damage.

Carolyn
            Participant

Thats been happening alot of late .

WolfenMachine
              Participant

I may be in the minority, but for $65, you got a steal. The seller said “LIKE” new condition, so that doesn’t mean its in new condition, it means its a step down. I sell things on ebay, and I don’t go over them with a magnifying glass-I list any easily noticeable flaws and encourage “picky” collectors to contact me if they are concerned about quality. If it were me, I’d be happy with the fledgling and write off the minor things. But as you can tell from my post, I’m NOT a picky collector.

scenceable
                Participant

I’m not a picky collector at all either, that’s why I said the seller probably just missed it. The paint rub especially I would never notice, so I do sympathize with the seller to that extent. I just think if it bothers you, you should contact the seller, because as a seller I would want to know if you were even slightly unhappy. I’m not saying ask for $40 back or anything, but maybe like $10. If it irks you but isn’t a big enough deal to ask for a partial refund, I would still let the seller know you had an issue so that they can be more careful in describing their items next time.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

I sent the seller a detailed message with photos of the damage. I didn’t bring up the idea of a refund; I am not as pissy this morning/afternoon and really just want a “sorry” and a promise to do better/learn how to frickin’ describe things next time. If she/he is receptive to the information and advice offered, I will leave it at that. If he/she snarks at me, then I will treat it as an issue to be resolved by ebay.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

The seller said “LIKE” new condition, so that doesn’t mean its in new condition, it means its a step down.

That’s where you have to be careful, because ebay does have specific definitions for these terms. Here’s what it says for “like new”:

Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of the box. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact.

I may be in the minority, but for $65, you got a steal.

But isn’t it only a steal as long as you’re happy with it? Otherwise any amount feels like too much! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Add in that it is a Ruby, it is a fact that Ruby paint is impossible to match..literally…Melody sent me some of the paints for them, it is very hard to work with…as in impossible. It is some kind of automotive paint & it is not cooperative at all. Now I know why car manufacturers don’t paint cars metallic reds if they can help it & why candy apple red is so insanely expensive.

Kyrin

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Red paint is also made with gold and is notoriously unstable and difficult to work. So gold + unstable=expensive.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Lupuslunae
                        Participant

I got a sorry, no partial refund but I didn’t clammer for it. I just hope they look at the pieces more closely before they sell them, they have quite a few Windstones up for auction. I’m not too grumpy anymore. I got a real CLOSE match with coating the area first with gold paint, then mixing my Golden brand Alizarin Crimson hue with more gold paint and painting the damaged scale in thin layers until it was close, then adding the gold highlight with the deco art pen. It is a tad darker than the other areas, but you have to look at it pretty good to notice. You notice the wrinkles first from the paint rub before you notice the color difference.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.