fbpx

Ebay Question

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m confused and I thought I’d ask those that have been in and around Ebay longer than I have.

When an Ebay Auction has the option of a Starting Bid price and a Buy It Now price, when someone places a bid, doesn’t it void the Buy It Now option? Once a person has placed a bid, can someone still come along afterwards and buy the item at the Buy It Now price?

I use to be a more sweasoned eBayer back in the day so rules may have changed. Way I see it is, if it has a BIN of $20 and a starting price of $15, if someone starts it at $15 or $17, then I thought I remembered that it use to erase the BIN option. However, I think nowadays, someone can bid less than the BIN but, someone can still come along and scoop it up for the BIN price. I think I just confused you further. I know someone here will be able to answer your question head on.

I found the information that explains it. The item I had placed a bid on, had a reserve price on it. Oh well, guess it wasn’t meant to be mine.

“The Buy It Now price is available until the auction price has exceeded a price threshold or until the reserve price has been met.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.