fbpx

Ebay Fees…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay Fees…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie
      Participant

I logged into my ebay account today to find an alert that said this:

—-
        We are writing to alert you that your monthly eBay seller fees have not been paid because your bank declined eBay’s attempt to automatically deduct them from your bank account via Direct Pay. As stated in the eBay Direct Pay Agreement, eBay may have assessed a Returned Item Fee to your account. If this fee has been assessed, it will appear on your next invoice.
        —-

Now I have a $15 Direct Pay Returned Item Fee on my account that I have to pay.

I’m rather confused. I get charged $15 because my bank declined Ebay’s automatic deduction of my fees for some reason? This doesn’t seem like it’s my fault that the bank declined the payment. I set it up for automatic payment so I could set it and forget it, and not worry about having to remember to pay my fees.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can someone explain this to me? I feel like ebay just stole $15 from me…

Thank you!

BDW
        Participant

I would contact your bank manager and get to the bottom of it and see if it was their mistake. If it was they should reimbourse you that $15.
          Good luck Stef. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Stephanie wrote:

I logged into my ebay account today to find an alert that said this:

—-
            We are writing to alert you that your monthly eBay seller fees have not been paid because your bank declined eBay’s attempt to automatically deduct them from your bank account via Direct Pay. As stated in the eBay Direct Pay Agreement, eBay may have assessed a Returned Item Fee to your account. If this fee has been assessed, it will appear on your next invoice.
            —-

Now I have a $15 Direct Pay Returned Item Fee on my account that I have to pay.

I’m rather confused. I get charged $15 because my bank declined Ebay’s automatic deduction of my fees for some reason? This doesn’t seem like it’s my fault that the bank declined the payment. I set it up for automatic payment so I could set it and forget it, and not worry about having to remember to pay my fees.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can someone explain this to me? I feel like ebay just stole $15 from me…

Thank you!

This makes sense. It’s as if you paid with a check and it bounced… most businesses will charge a fee for this and I suppose eBay is no exception.

This sounds like an error on your Bank’s side. I would take it up with them and see if they will reimburse you the $15. If they are in error they should.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Kujacker
            Participant

I got that once. Said my debit card wouldn’t let them take it out. I didn’t do anything about it, but a couple days later eBay tried again and it went thru. I didn’t have to pay anything extra though…

Stephanie
              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

This makes sense. It’s as if you paid with a check and it bounced… most businesses will charge a fee for this and I suppose eBay is no exception.

This sounds like an error on your Bank’s side. I would take it up with them and see if they will reimburse you the $15. If they are in error they should.

Huh. But I had enough money in my account.

I’ll see what happens. Thanks everyone!

Mmloda
                Participant

I would for sure look into it a bit further and find out from the bank why the payment was denied.. ๐Ÿ˜•
                  I have never come across that before but hopefully you’ll be bale to figure things out with your bank… ๐Ÿ™‚

Marzena

darjeb
                  Participant

I would definitely check with the bank and find out why it happened – Could it possibly be eBay made an error?

Purplecat
                    Participant

sounds like an error somewhere…let us know how it works out. ๐Ÿ™‚

i also got an odd email from ebay saying hey were charging me 5.35 for a transaction fee from a month ago. Come to find out they dont charge you right after the auction is over anymore. They do billing cycles so if you sell 10 things in that month the next billing cycle (next month) you will be charged all the sellers fees in one lump sum. So make sure you have the coin in your paypal account or where ever they take it from

Stephanie
                      Participant

I think I figured out what happened. I believe this $15 is from last month’s fee. Last month I did overdraw my checking account, thanks to Enterprise not telling me that renting with a debit card would actually pull the ‘hold’ out and then put it back a few days later. (That’s another rant). So my account was overdrawn. I wonder if ebay tried it then, and then put the fee on for this month.

The more I think about it, the more that makes sense. I’m now positive that that’s what happened here. Thank you everyone for your help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.