East or West?

Home Forums Miscellany Community East or West?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #801924
    Bodine
    Participant

    I’m going to rock the boat and say…..New Zealand! ๐Ÿ˜†

    "Mother will put all her fears into you"....Pink Floyd
    Brave and strong young ones build a strong new future.
    Dreaming of...Golden Female Hearth.
    My Grail dragons...SK & MALE HEARTH๐Ÿ’˜One day...

    #801925
    machineguts
    Participant

    ๐Ÿ˜†

    bodine6127 wrote:

    I’m going to rock the boat and say…..New Zealand! ๐Ÿ˜†

    Iโ€™ll see you cats at that big jam in the sky.

    #801926
    Lokie
    Participant

    East Coast, and more specifically, New England. I feel so at home here and I never long to be anywhere else. And I love never being too far away from variety; I can go hiking in the white mountains to be one with nature one weekend and go into Boston or to the Casinos the next for some city entertainment =P And I appreciate never being to far from an ocean or a whitewater river. Maybe when I’m older and my back is broken from all the winter shoveling I’ll feel differently =)

    #801927
    siberakh1
    Participant

    Lokie wrote:

    East Coast, and more specifically, New England. I feel so at home here and I never long to be anywhere else. And I love never being too far away from variety; I can go hiking in the white mountains to be one with nature one weekend and go into Boston or to the Casinos the next for some city entertainment =P And I appreciate never being to far from an ocean or a whitewater river. Maybe when I’m older and my back is broken from all the winter shoveling I’ll feel differently =)

    Nah… you’ll just buy a snowblower or pay a kid to do it for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    #801928
    Lokie
    Participant

    siberakh1 wrote:

    Lokie wrote:

    East Coast, and more specifically, New England. I feel so at home here and I never long to be anywhere else. And I love never being too far away from variety; I can go hiking in the white mountains to be one with nature one weekend and go into Boston or to the Casinos the next for some city entertainment =P And I appreciate never being to far from an ocean or a whitewater river. Maybe when I’m older and my back is broken from all the winter shoveling I’ll feel differently =)

    Nah… you’ll just buy a snowblower or pay a kid to do it for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Probably so true! Actually, every winter for the past couple of years, while shoveling particularly wet snowfalls (and mumbling obscenities), I tell myself this will be the year I squirrel enough money away each month to buy a snowblower for the next winter. Then spring comes, the snow thaws, and I forget all about the aggravation of shoveling and that savings plan goes out the window. Then the snow comes and the cycle starts all over again ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜†

    #801929
    Anonymous

    I’m a bit like WindstoneCollector – here in the middle of the country, wondering where I would like to go most. ๐Ÿ™‚

    I haven’t experienced too many places in my lifetime – and am a home body for sure. I have only been as far west as Missouri, and as far north as Chicago but I have gone to the east coast to D.C. and Virginia and Florida east and gulf sides….. I would never want to live in Florida, but I have been to both North and South Carolina, and have to say I felt like I was at home in Wilmington, North Carolina. There were places in West Virginia I thought were absolutely beautiful but I wasn’t there long enough to decide if I was home. So for now, Illinois/southern Illinois is home (born and raised here). I too like all the seasons but prefer winters over hot hot summers.

    Not a big traveler here – but I have never had the desire to go to California; I dream to touch a giant redwood………..and frankly, I can’t believe a tree could be so magnificent. So, I have to see one!

    Not set in stone but tentative retirement plans: Sell the house – sell EVERYTHING and buy a travel trailer to tour the country. Find the place we want to call home and buy a small house with little maintenance LOL

    #801930
    etruscan
    Participant

    There are things on the West Coast I would like to see, but it is East Coast all the way for living. ๐Ÿ™‚ I also grew up in Southern Illinois (Carbondale), but my grandparents had a place on the Chesapeake Bay and that is where I settled. Someday I may even visit all the things to see in Washington, Baltimore, Richmond … We lived in Ventura, CA for a few months and I was disoriented the whole time – the water is on the wrong side!

    #801931
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

    West Coast – preferably Northern Cali half way between Yosemite and Carmel… I’ve visited the East Coast and love all the history that is there. The West Coast doesn’t have as much… I love the Spanish influences found in the west and cannot live without the wide open sky. My last visit to the East was in October to see my sis and her family. I could totally understand what she meant about it feeling ‘claustrophobic’… They live in Cape Cod, MA and even with all the leaves gone there was just so much undergrowth! Allie had a ‘field trip’ with her university out to the Grand Canyon. She said it was kinda funny to watch the youngsters in the class who had never experienced anywhere besides Massachusetts. She said they always stayed huddled together in a group and where very overwhelmed by the sky and the open spaces.

    twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

    tdm

    #801932
    Bob

    I guess I’m the first in CA to put in my 2 cents
    There is nothing in my opinion like CA
    Where can you live where you are literally just hours away from Mountians, Skiing, Gamlbing, a beautiful Ocean, a foreign country (Mexico), GREAT Redwoods that have most likely been there millions of years by how large the trunks are, 2 MAJOR cities SF an LA, Desert AND Disneyland not to mention all the other amusment parks AND Hollywood and universal studios etc etc etc…
    CA offers it all just hours away
    Too bad it has the price tag to go along with everything
    You are also a LOT closer to Hawaii too
    OH plus cruises leave from here too

    #801933

    Dragon Master wrote:

    I guess I’m the first in CA to put in my 2 cents
    There is nothing in my opinion like CA

    LOL! I’m the 2nd for 2 cents. I’m such a Cali girl, even if I like beach, thunderstorms, and forest. I like being close to the beach, San Fran, Yosemite (BEAUTIFUL!!), San Pedro, Malibu, Ventura, Mexico, Vegas (and i’m not even legal age yet!), Disneyland…. not to mention all the places to shop & sightsee! 8)

    #801934
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

    DragonCat wrote:

    Dragon Master wrote:

    I guess I’m the first in CA to put in my 2 cents
    There is nothing in my opinion like CA

    LOL! I’m the 2nd for 2 cents. I’m such a Cali girl, even if I like beach, thunderstorms, and forest. I like being close to the beach, San Fran, Yosemite (BEAUTIFUL!!), San Pedro, Malibu, Ventura, Mexico, Vegas (and i’m not even legal age yet!), Disneyland…. not to mention all the places to shop & sightsee! 8)

    maybe i shoulda mentioned that i was born and raised in Cali… born in fresno and grew up in san jose… it’ll always be ‘home’ for me Don’t forget all the great eating in Cali; fresh calimari off the boat and turned into spaghetti on the Monterey Pier, abalone ‘crow-barred’ off the rocks in Carmel, hot clam chowder on a stormy beach at Point Reyes, everything in ChinaTown in SanFran, fresh strawberries and artichokes from Watsonville, pecans and almonds from the Central Valley, grapes and raisins from Fresno – i could go on and on… Then there’s the interesting ‘personalities’ that helped put the ‘shine’ on the ‘Golden State’. Who could forget Sarah Winchester and her Mystery House (which, by the way, is a GREAT place to play hide-n-seek in the dark ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€ ) or Emperor Norton – Joshua Abraham Norton – self proclaimed ‘Imperial Majesty’ of the United States or John Muir – founder of the Sierra Club and protector of Yosemite Valley and the Northern Redwood forests… i’m sure there must be something as thrilling in Idaho; i just haven’t found it yet ๐Ÿ˜ณ

    twindragonsmu ๐Ÿ˜€

    tdm

    #801935
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

    Well, I have to put a vote in for the West Coast–California, Oregon, Washington–but California, San Fran Bay Area to be extact, has some pretty decent weather. Pretty mild most of the year and yes I agree with DM pretty close to mountains, ocean and there is a lot of culture here–Asian, Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern, India, gosh so many places to eat and yes I go with the fresh calamari!!! I lived in San Fran for a time and remembered going to Fishermen’s Wharf and having fresh cooked crab and sour dough bread right there on the pier.

    Then I notice that people choose places based on where they live now–they are used to a certain area and I’m used to being out here. If I were to get out more, maybe I would change my mind–always wondered about Colorado.

    #801936
    Bob

    Now you are getting me HUNGRY for GOOD Clam Chowder in a sourdough bowl!!! As long as they do NOT put Celery in it!! I HATE it when people use fillers

    #801937
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

    Definately no celery *yurg* That’s just nasty… I think maybe we should aughta plan a Windstone field trip out that way… I NEED some really good chowder and most def sourdough out on the wharf :yes: I made my-own-self hungry! ๐Ÿ˜€

    twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

    tdm

    #801938
    Copper83
    Participant

    I have to vote for the Pacific Northwest. I’ve lived in Florida, Georgia, California, and Washington. You couldn’t pay me to go back to Florida or California. Way too hot for me! :negative: Don’t remember much about Georgia. I love Western Washington though. I live in the NW corner. The weather is (usually) milder than the rest of the country (although we can have some pretty nasty wind storms). And I love being so close to the mountains and the ocean.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.