fbpx

earthquake today

Home Forums Miscellany Community earthquake today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

Did any of you from Toronto feel anything?
      We sure did! 😮
      Scared the shit out of me!
      I ran inside to get to Michel but by the time I was wheeling him to safety it was over. Sure lasted long enough though.
      I heard it first before I felt it so I thought it was tunder first but then the shaking started…my face went white. I actualy felt it drain.
      :nea: earthquakes are not for me!
      I couldn’t help but think of those who live with them all the time….how do they do it? :shrug:

BDW
      Participant

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

Mooseberries! ROFL. first time I’ve heard them called that. XD

siberakh1
          Participant

Felt it down here in the Albany, NY area (I’m at work). I’m on the 5th floor where I work and it made my building shake (and I know some people in another building nearby felt it too), not that I think my building is the most well build office building. Haven’t felt an earthquake that strong in a few years, but nothing to make you want to run under the desk for. It was a good work diversion for about a minute though. 🙂

Had one in college that made my bed really shake very forcefully. Woke up about 30 seconds to a minute before hand, was like oh S*#T what is that!, yawned, then I went back to sleep (it was an early morning and I wasn’t getting up yet). 😳 That was a fun one.

BDW
            Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

You can thank Jen for that because that is not what I wrote 😆
              http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010xwa7.php
              I’m near Ottawa
              http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eq_depot/2010/eq_100623_xwa7/neic_xwa7_w.html

Leigha
              Participant

XD last time we had an earthquake I ran to my curio cabinet to make sure it didn’t fall over with my Windstones in it! hahahahahaha I’ll take my earthquakes over tornados/tsunamis/whatever else ANY day 🙂

BDW
                Participant

Leigha wrote:

I’ll take my earthquakes over tornados/tsunamis/whatever else ANY day 🙂

In that case so would I.
                  Guess I always over stress because of my son being in a wheelchair. 😳

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

Leigha wrote:

XD last time we had an earthquake I ran to my curio cabinet to make sure it didn’t fall over with my Windstones in it! hahahahahaha I’ll take my earthquakes over tornados/tsunamis/whatever else ANY day 🙂

The next big earth quake is going to be when you and I are at pier 49. I just know it.

Mmloda
                    Participant

I felt it BDW….I was sitting in my office and it didn’t really help me any that I was really upset at some internal changes that I just found out about and everything started moving, I thought I was going insane for a second..LOL!

Marzena

Leigha
                      Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Leigha wrote:

The next big earth quake is going to be when you and I are at pier 49. I just know it.

>.< don't jinx it!

^^ I have to find someone to go with me that day, I don’t feel comfortable taking public transport by myself all the way there =

Jasmine
                        Participant

Had things shaking pretty hard here. Cats were really, seriously not happy. Didn’t break anything though, thank goodness!! 😀

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Felt it here in Brampton too. (though everyone at work did, expect for the ones in the cafeteria – and yup, I was one of those!)

5.5, with the center on the border of Ontario and Québec apparently.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

BDW
                            Participant

mmloda wrote:

I felt it BDW….I was sitting in my office and it didn’t really help me any that I was really upset at some internal changes that I just found out about and everything started moving, I thought I was going insane for a second..LOL!

Changes? That can change your life too in the process…but they don’t concider this do they 😡

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Yea if you actually curse in your post and don’t ***** censor yourself

Sh*t is shit
                                Fu*k is fuck

There’s probably more, but I don’t know them 😆

It’s actually pretty funny

As far as earthquakes, I’ve never felt one. It must be scary! I can’t even imagine.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LadyFirebird
                                Participant

Are earthquakes a usual thing in your area? I thought California was earthquake country. They are scary because you don’t know when they’ll hit or how long they’ll last. Glad you and your son are fine as well as everyone else. I don’t think you ever get used to earthquakes, I don’t sit around thinking about them. I consider them natural reminders that we don’t own or totally control the planet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.