fbpx

Earthquake putty?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Earthquake putty?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Long story, trying to move again and this time it looks like it may happen- they have me shopping for home insurance now and the title agency has sent documents related to closing. This home has some shelving I’d love to display some of my figures on, but my mom is moving in with me with her cats. One of them is an athletic into everything sort, and will probably be up on the shelves. Would earthquake putty fasten the sculpts down well enough the cat couldn’t knock them off easily?

Melody
      Keymaster

I have used it to fasten smaller things to shelves, like the size of a Gothic unicorn. It holds things well, but I’m not sure how well it would work with the pads on the bottom. My pieces usually don’t have pads on them, because they are beat-up paint samples. If you can stick the putty on the edge of the bottom where it touches the gypsum, it would probably work fine. It takes a day or so for the putty to stick down firmly. It is amazing stuff! I use it for all my other toys and figures too.

pipsxlch
        Participant

Thank you! I can try that, and putting smelly things like hot peppers up on the shelves with them. The house has a half wall between the kitchen and the living room. I can see Gus getting up on it from the fridge top. I sent a display cabinet to my mom’s house until the move, and it is now Gus’ favorite perch.

Cool, it doesn’t damage the plastic either? Then I can put some of my toy models up there also. One of my dogs is a pretty destructive chewer if anything falls into reach.

Melody
          Keymaster

I use stuff called “earthquake hold”. It really does hold things! I use it for plastic toys too.
            Another problem with cats is they sometimes EAT Windstones! No kidding!
            We have several that have had their noses eaten off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.