fbpx

E-Reader questions

Home Forums Miscellany Community E-Reader questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Ok, I told everyone my hunny got me a Nook for Christmas. I figured most things out but still have a few questions. Does anyone else here use them? I know DragonMedley does and a few others so maybe I could get somemore help here.
      This could be the tech support along with the other thread.
      How do you lend and borrow books?
      How do you find all the great offers from B&N on the nook that I get on my puter? (emails and believe me i’ve looked for them on the nook)
      Can you buy other books on your computer, say from Amazon and transfer to the nook?
      Ok, that’s enough for this one. Please help, everyone is welcome.

And Sarah, loved Green Dragon, wants more. 😉

Ann

I have a google nexus tablet with the nook app, but I think I can answer at least one question.

How do you lend and borrow books?

Open your book and click on the “details” tab. Once in that menu, there should be a “Lend Me” tab. I believe you enter your recipient’s e-mail address and they have to accept.

How do you find all the great offers from B&N on the nook that I get on my puter? (emails and believe me i’ve looked for them on the nook)

I don’t know this one.

Can you buy other books on your computer, say from Amazon and transfer to the nook?

I think you can only read nook books on the nook, but I might be wrong. Do you have a nook or a nook tablet? If you have the tablet, you could probably download the kindle app.

I hope this holds you over until someone with a nook logs on!

dragonmedley
        Participant

You can transfer epub files to any device, provided there’s no DRM. Some books out there don’t have a DRM (some of TOR’s books don’t have it), but most do. So if you buy an ebook on Amazon, you’re buying a Kindle book, and unless you remove the DRM, you can’t transfer it to the Nook. This is the downside of ebook readers: everyone wants to make sure you buy from them only.

Not sure how Nook works, but with Sony, what you buy on your computer can be transfered to the Reader, so any specials from B&N you buy on the computer should be transferable too. Once something is on your account, you should be able to download it too from the Nook, no? I’m just guessing here, though.

And thanks, Laurie! I sent White Dragon to the editor last month, so more’s coming!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.